Posted: 13 years ago

Ok so we decided that this week we will have a discussion on an actor. Hopefully we can have a nice discussion. Discuss about him as an actor, his movie choices, dialogue delievery, his growth as an actor etc.

Rules:
No bashing the actor or members for their opinions
If personal attacks do happen, the posts will be deleted (please just report rather than start fights)..
Second (and so on) offense will have post deleted with WL rise.
Disagree with others without getting personal or rude (it can happen).

Enjoy!
Bollywood Dev Team

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Aamir Khan, he's a great actor and he has great knowledgy of Cinema. I never was his fan till i watch Lagaan, TZP and so on. It's amazing to see he has given his best through his production house and i am eagerly waiting for DHobi Ghaat. Even movie like Peepli Live doing good business, where he's not in the movie. I won't say he become a great actor over night, but he learnt from his decision, failures or Not so rocking career as he has now. He uses his brain and that's why he's came this far.

I loved him Dil Chahta hai where he is crying while his dad calls him in sydney. Also TZP, he delivers a great performance and sends out a wonderful message. But i didn't liked him that much in 3I, i know he got a lot praised but the movie and his performance is a bit overrated there. But i do agree the movie message was very good and it was needed but i finded the movie a bit boring. And it's AMAZING to see how young he looks at certain age. WOW!! He did all kind of roles, and it amazes me how he worked on his body in Ghajini. Like he had said, you need dedication and motivation for your goal. He just amazes me, we never realize celebrity behind the scene, what they go through to achieve what they have achieved. Kudos to him! As of Off-screen, the less said  the better.
Micky_elle thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Aamir is my fav. actor....I was amazed by his performance in Rangeela, although the movie was not tht great, its his performance tht stood out. Aamir always did the clean loverboy roles in his previous films. But in Rangeela, his tapori act was too funny and i still watch tht movie only for Aamir and his funny dialogues.

Another performance tht really bowled me over was sarfarosh. He was jst fab in tht movie as a cop. 
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Am not his fan, but I do appreciate the kind of films he does: 3 idiots, TZP, Lagaan, RDB, ect.

Coming to his acting, I think he is a good actor, but sometimes he is overrated for his acting because of the kind of films he does.

3 idiots was an awesome film. Very inspirational for college going kids like me. But Amir's performance left me cold. I was expecting more from him. Am not saying he was bad, he was good....But not excellent.

MissIffiy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Aamir is the best actor bollywood has. No one can come to his level right now. You can call him MR. PERFECTION but love him or hate him this man is the real deal when it comes to acting & entertaining. From the romantic roles in Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak to comedy in Andaz Apna Apna to inspirational films like Rang De Basanti & action films like Ghajini what role can he not do. Totally in awww of him. He is the total package as an actor πŸ‘ LOVE HIMEdited by MissIffiy - 13 years ago
RDB just so moved me -- He was very good in it...and I do think he overacts a bit.
So don't like 3I...too overrated to my taste and not so good storyline...
DCH is a good movie with a solid and touching storyline.

I think he's a clever actor who knows how to handle sensitive subjects and how to express them through cinema - which he did with TZP.
crazy fanatic thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Amir as a producer and director > Amir as an actor.

I've never been his fan...but recently, some his movies have been good. But he's never appealed to me as an actor. He can very easily overact, like in 3I...and he isn't great at emoting a lotta feelings too, like in Ghajini. But I think everyone just hails him as the best actor because of the movies he does. Which are great, but by no means does that define him as some legend actor.

As for his recent projects....I liked RDB, TZP...but didn't like Ghajini, 3 Idiots...those were really mediocre movies.
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I wrote an entire essay....not sure if I want to post it. It's very fangirly ha ha! I will think about it....but here is my summary:

Overall I find Aamir to be a rebel actor. If everyone is walking east he would try to walk west. I always  feel he wants to change things...he wants to give that turn to Bollywood movies...or maybe he just loves attention whatever it is LOL! he was never scared to do what he thought was right even when people said  "You are CRAZY" πŸ˜†. e.g. when he made Lagaan. However, nowadays I feel people unnecessarily go ga-ga  over him! Sure he makes good movies he always did it's nothing new and he acted well too...only now we go hoo haa over his movies and his acting πŸ˜†. But that's just media and general audience....when someone's doing too well they overhype you!

Edited by LifeOLicious - 13 years ago
Okazaki thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: LifeOLicious

I wrote an entire essay....not sure if I want to post it. It's very fangirly ha ha!

OMG! I just did that..wrote up a huge essay n re-read..n wasn't too sure I'd like to post it πŸ˜† Aaaaal I'd like to say is that he's my bachpan se favourite hero 😍 "Haiiilaaa!" 😳 πŸ˜†

After writing up a huge essay which mostly included my childhood memories since I started liking him, i've gone nostalgic and I really feel like watching JJWS *runs off to YT*

😍

P.S: I'll be back! πŸ₯³
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
^hahahhahah I did the same! I started all the way from QSQT! πŸ˜† Forget TZP, 3I and Ghajini.....I want my Raj in QSQT, Sanjay Lal in JJWS and Rahul Malhotra in HHRPK and Raghu Jetley in DHMN I will even take Munna in Rangeela or Ajay Singh Rathore in Sarfarosh......I love his older movies so much more! πŸ˜†