Chellameh
Chellameh

India-Forums

Chellameh Aug 23 - 27th Updates& Discussions (Page 3)

brinny_g IF-Dazzler
brinny_g
brinny_g

Posted: 26 August 2010 at 8:53am | IP Logged
Thanks for the hilarious updates shree and KK!
I agree with Mels, the director seems to have lost it. How can a mother say her daughter deserved to be raped?? Angry

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AahaanaVani19

Aahaana Global Moderator
Aahaana
Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 26 August 2010 at 5:10pm | IP Logged

Thanks Krisna for the update=)

Ermm..why is Vadai treated like a personal servant for CM rather than her husband..? Cant he too get some work at the garments or start to work other place?Confused They want to show todays woman can earn money while husband should be the "housewife" of the family?Ermm

I guess CM will go straight to Muthu but will get semma dose in returnLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Vani19

serials2010 Senior Member
serials2010
serials2010

Posted: 26 August 2010 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
I know this might be a sensitive topic and that is why I am wording it carefully - why does Vadai being at home seem to generate such strong negative/comical feedback?  I respect everyones opinion so please do not think that I am complaining about someone else.  I would just like to bring a different point of view to the Vadai situation.  Agreed in the beginning we were shown Vadai as a strong male, being the owner of a business kudumba thalaivan etc, but now circumstances have changed and he has now taken a backseat.  However I still believe that is not such a bad thing.  I know how hard it is to be a housewife and I would like to think that the serial is trying to show that in the day and age that we are living in such a thing is actually possible.  In reality there are a lot of men taking care of kids and home while the woman is the prime bread owner.  However the fact is that anyone staying at home (man or woman) the job is still a tough one sometimes more tough than going to work and it should be given the due acknowlegment it deserves.  Of course this is a serial and we are all aware that they want to show CM as the primary character, therefore sometimes Vadai's character does come off as looking comic at times.  But I do appreciate the fact that this serial shows a man as being the 'housewife' and the truth is that whoever takes on this role, it is a tough job and they should be appreciated for doing it (more so an Indian male - who is traditionally the money maker not the house maker)
I do hope that I have not offended anyone - if so I apologise in advance.  I do so enjoy your conversations here in IF and wanted to give my two cents worth too!

Edited by serials2010 - 26 August 2010 at 10:33pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

keen_critickittykrishnabrinny_gVani19Caryn

Caryn IF-Rockerz
Caryn
Caryn

Posted: 26 August 2010 at 11:26pm | IP Logged
Serial

Welcome

I am not against "house-husband".  I am all for it. Big smile 

I think most of the viewers are irritated, for few reasons. Vadai is the husband, yet Chellama never consults him esp in personal life.  She takes her own action whatever it may be. Shouldn't a husband-wife relationship is a partnership? 

All they show is Vadai is cooking, cooking and cooking.  I wish he is given a better scope of acting. For e.g. I might like to see him change diapers.  Or taking care of his sister instead of Chellama.

Another reason (now this is my view), after watching him acting as ACD Durai in Anandham and in another serial as physcho, and as an elderly brother in Dhayam, I feel he is wasted here.  He has no role at all in this serial.

So this are may be a few reasons why viewers are criticising him here. Nothing more than that. Wink

brinny_gVani19

serials2010 Senior Member
serials2010
serials2010

Posted: 27 August 2010 at 12:52am | IP Logged
I agree with your views Caryn - especially after seeing him as ACD in Anandham it would be hard for people to see Vadai not having any scope to perform in this serial. 
But remember this is a RADAAN serial where especially if Radhika is acting then she is the one who will be the most important character.  It is sad that Vadai's character is so unused- but what I wanted to say was atleast they are showing the different changing ways of the traditional man-woman relationship  and for that I do thank them.  At least for a change instead of a man ordering a woman for coffee all the time in serials and the woman hurriedly rushing away dutifully this time the table has turned and I for one am enjoying it!

brinny_gVani19

keen_critic Groupbie
keen_critic
keen_critic

Posted: 27 August 2010 at 5:36am | IP Logged
Yes, for the sake of his self-respect, Vadai should be given a little more prominence. Here CM is too much, and even in matters involving Amudha, she takes the lead etc sidelining him totally. That is jarring to the viewers.    
kittykrishna Senior Member
kittykrishna
kittykrishna

Posted: 27 August 2010 at 6:01am | IP Logged

I completely agree with ur comments SERIALS2010.

Since CM is preggy, Vadai limited himself to kitchen............
MadhuB Newbie
MadhuB
MadhuB

Posted: 28 August 2010 at 1:46am | IP Logged
Serial2010....I don't think the viewers are irritated with the role reversal of Vadai and Chellamma....but rather the way in which they have shown it.  From what I know, all the housewives I know run the household as well as manage other important things around the house.   Not just cook.  That is a very small part of being a "housewife".  Vadamalai is shown as a dormant husband which contradicts with his earlier character portrayal where he was an active participant in everything.   Even in this drama......look at the housewives....Valliyammai is a housewife.  I dont think she goes to hotel or anywhere.... but she participates in decision making and all aspects of their life.   

Anyways I think this is all a consequence of RHADIKA wanting to be the omnipresent one in the drama.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kittykrishnabrinny_gVani19

Go to top