Page 1 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

popkurn

IF-Rockerz

popkurn

Posted: 07 December 2005 at 10:41pm | IP Logged

First of all I would like to say I am not trying to offend anyone, and Im sorry if Im going to.

After school today on the newz I heard that the government "may" (if enough votes are taken) make gay/lesbian marriage books that grade 1-4 students will have to read and learn about. So my question is:

Should books like that be printed out and taught to grade 1-4ers?

My opinion:

ABSOLUTELY NOT! At that young age! Of course not! There only 5-9 years old! This stuff should be taught in high school not in elementary. Though these kind of marriages are an issue these days, they SHOULD NOT be taught to young children especially at the age of 5. I have nothing against gay/lesbian marriages but this stuff shouldnt be taught to young children that are just growing and enjoying there lives. YES it would teach them some important facts, but these facts CAN be taught in high school. If you think this SHOULD be taught at such a young age then just think learning about sex and other similiar stuff at the age of 5!

So what do you think?

Once again Im sorry if I have offended anyone.

Priya

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Gay marriage books in school" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

samie

IF-Veteran Member

samie

Posted: 08 December 2005 at 2:46am | IP Logged
yh priya i agree wid u i dont think th@ a 5 yr old kid would get wh@ homasexuality us n it will affect them thinkin it is wh@ all grown ups do n mess wid their heads like u have stated teenagers will understand it more n now it is bout different ppl n will not b prejediced bout it as they r now

jasunap

IF-Sizzlerz

jasunap

Posted: 08 December 2005 at 4:29am | IP Logged
forget homosexuality, i dont think kids between 5-10 even know what sexuality is all about. kids should be allowed to remain kids. when they start realising about sex and sexuality that is when it should be taught. specifically for high scool kids. so no matter what they choose to be, they are protected from AIDS and other illnesses.

paagalhoonmain

IF-Rockerz

paagalhoonmain

Posted: 08 December 2005 at 6:32am | IP Logged
never.absolutely not.agree with u all

hazelgirl

IF-Rockerz

hazelgirl

Posted: 08 December 2005 at 7:00am | IP Logged
Not at that early age of class 4 -5 coz they wnt understand a thing and make a wrong conception and idea..... Tongue
These topics and subjects shuld be introduced when ppl r mature enough to understand them Tongue

hazelgirl

IF-Rockerz

hazelgirl

Posted: 08 December 2005 at 9:13am | IP Logged
some ppl r supporting..... Tongue

popkurn

IF-Rockerz

popkurn

Posted: 08 December 2005 at 5:06pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by candyfloss

ABSOLUTELY NOT!GOD this govts. are going crazy.cud it be a rumour just to attract viewers?

Maybe, but I heard it on the radio

PixieDust91

Goldie

PixieDust91

Posted: 09 December 2005 at 4:19pm | IP Logged
They're too young to learn that stuff. I learned about it when I came into 3rd grade, but I didn't learn it in school. TV these days...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top