Aham is fighting himself

ShellJA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I think at this point Aham is being stubborn. In his mind his perfect mate/saathiya is an educated modern woman. But there have been some instances where he is attracted to Gopi...remember the look on his face when he first saw her? He was mesmerized. He likes her against everything he believes. He is being hard on her because despite everything he believes (i.e she is unpar, jahill and a thief) he kind of likes her.

The more he likes her, the more he is angry with her about every little thing (I know I know...the laptop is not a little thing I would have killed her..my life is in my laptop) The more she tries to be nice to him the more he pushes away from her. The more his mom tries to tell him Gopi is good the more stubborn he gets. His struggle is not with Gopi but within himself, his feeling and attraction for her.

It is a classic harlequin romance or mills on boon (?) for those of you in India and UK. He will only fall in love with her and accept his love for her when he can no longer have her or believes he has lost her.

My fellow Saathiyas what are your thoughts?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Telly_Addict thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
hahaha.....Shelly....m imagining Aham in My FF.......if he confesses the love in the same way as in MY FF.....
Mujhe nahi pata mani kya karungi....

like the post....he is fighting with himself for sure....but the reason for this is Rashi and Kinjal.......
u remember after that jewelery removal epi....and dhua wala epi...Gopi gave him hanky.....he accepted it.....but in the evening all the happiness was ruined by Kinjal....if Kinjal would hav not done that to abhi nazara kuchh aur hi hota......
and after yesterday Snake Game...i believe even if Aham scolded her he must hv a tiny miny feeling for her....like 0.000000001%...in his heart. recall the scene when she saved him and Koki asks how he is...he was looking at Gopi......w/o blinking eyes....but Laptop ne Kaam bigad diya....

so the main thing is when ever there is something good happens...just next moment something very bigggggggggggggggggggggg bad happen......

and u know if all u said is to be believed then Tam's theory of Mr. Aham Darcy is not very far.....

he will fall for HER and ONLY HER...but only when he will know that he Will not see her again in future.....
Edited by -tellyaddict- - 13 years ago
taral83 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I think if Gopi had not made all the mistakes she has mad due to Rashi and Kinjal......................and the truth of her being uneducated came out another way................then Ahem would have at least been nice to her by now............its all the sideline people that are making it difficult for Gopi and Ahem to come together..............which i guess is the story, right?
Telly_Addict thumbnail
Originally posted by: taral83

I think if Gopi had not made all the mistakes she has mad due to Rashi and Kinjal......................and the truth of her being uneducated came out another way................then Ahem would have at least been nice to her by now............its all the sideline people that are making it difficult for Gopi and Ahem to come together..............which i guess is the story, right?

exactly, its story only due to which aham n gopi are far away from each other, being victim of the intetionally plannd acts by evil trio URK.
NotYourType thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 5
I would love if this is the case - Ahem attracted to Gopi against his wish...he is actually liking her despite his hatred.
 I wish CVs show his inner turmoil...his thought process...something that throws light on what he actually thinks of Gopi.
saomom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: lovtv

I think at this point Aham is being stubborn. In his mind his perfect mate/saathiya is an educated modern woman. But there have been some instances where he is attracted to Gopi...remember the look on his face when he first saw her? He was mesmerized. He likes her against everything he believes. He is being hard on her because despite everything he believes (i.e she is unpar, jahill and a thief) he kind of likes her.

The more he likes her, the more he is angry with her about every little thing (I know I know...the laptop is not a little thing I would have killed her..my life is in my laptop) The more she tries to be nice to him the more he pushes away from her. The more his mom tries to tell him Gopi is good the more stubborn he gets. His struggle is not with Gopi but within himself, his feeling and attraction for her.

It is a classic harlequin romance or mills on boon (?) for those of you in India and UK. He will only fall in love with her and accept his love for her when he can no longer have her or believes he has lost her.

My fellow Saathiyas what are your thoughts?

Haven't seen today's episode yet.  Still at work. :(  BUT - from what I've read from all of you, it sounds like he does have a touch of the Darcy in him. 😊😊  You've summed it up beautifully Shelley.    It's an inner conflict for him.   The scene where he first sees her, the fire scene, the look he gave her when he couldn't believe she would purposely blow up the cooker etc - these were not scenes where he was disgusted.  Far from it.  A man doesn't look at a woman like that if he hates her.  He's running from himself and no one else.  It would be easier for him (and us!) if she would just leave.

I'm going to guess that Rashi will turn the computer washing blame around, the jewelry being gone will be blamed on Gopi and she'll finally be tossed from the house.  This may take a month or three or four to finally come to fruition, but... lol    Only when she is gone will he realized what a complete jerk he has been.   (Just think of all the flashback scenes we'll see when he comes to the realization that she indeed did mean something to him.)😆😆

So girls, since I haven't seen the epi yet, how did our Nazim look today? 🤣

Edited by saomom - 13 years ago
Telly_Addict thumbnail
tam u mentioned it right no man would look to a woman if he hates her w/o even a single feeling 4 him.
Gopi has alreay CLEAN BOWLED him nd he is clearly LOST HIS WICKET to her, bt nt ready to accept the defeat even when FIELD UMPIRES ,situations around him, declared him out. only THIRD UMPIRE,situations once gopi wil leave, wil only be able to CONVINCE HIM HIS DEFEAT.
hoping this wil happen soon.

Nazim looked gorgeous as usual, n also for few minutes w/o blazer too, in a track suit.
ShellJA thumbnail
Hi tammie, I haven't seen the epi either. I had to be out of town for a couple of days and took the kids and hubby so that they could sight see while I worked and we could still be together for dinner etc. Kids had a great time ...we are driving back and have another couple of hours before I get home. I am dieing to see the epi! I may still sneak it in at midnight! I am so hooked!.
saomom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Okay, just had another thought.  It may not be this way in India, but here in the states, little boys act ridiculous around little girls.  When they start to be attracted to girls, they don't know what to do, so they punch, shove and they mock the girls.  They don't know how to act around girls, so they do the same things to girls that they would do the their guy friends - punch, shove and mock.  (It's a guy thing we girls will never understand.😊) 

In his immaturity (remember, education and maturity are two completely different animals) he's doing the only thing he knows how to do.  He's punching, shoving and mocking Gopi. Sometimes literally and sometimes figuratively.  He's a boy and any of us who have been around the block a time or two realize that boys don't often handle their emotions very well. To say the least.

Some of you may say, "Well, he was in love with Anita."  Yeah, so?  This Gopi girl has thrown him for a loop!  He's not supposed to be attracted to her, but he is.  He doesn't like uneducated, illiterate girls, but this one is different.  He doesn't want to see her, because he doesn't want any kind of feeling to be stirred up in him.  If she's out of sight, he doesn't have to think about her.

Okay, I need to get a grip.  This is a tv show for crying out loud!  Oh well, it's fun to try and analyze everything. 😆
ShellJA thumbnail
I love my blackberry now that I have figured out how to get IF on it.

Sadhli, you're too funny not only have you used a sport analogy but a criket one at that...you are in a funny mood!

Good one dude!