Suggestions / Comments

random(malicious?) software download during login

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

petticoat

IF-Stunnerz

petticoat

Posted: 18 August 2010 at 3:03pm | IP Logged

I tried opening India -FOrums Login page.. a weird web statistics tool I never used/authorised was attempting to install. since i had adequate security, I had a warning and i shut that down.

Since I did not want to complain randomly, I checked it with Google's safe browsing DIagonastics.

Google says 3 pages resulted in malicious software being downloaded without user content and the  latest of the 3 days is specified as today.

For me the login page generated a software download which I did not authorise

Edited by bandicoot - 18 August 2010 at 3:27pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

U-No-Poo

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "random(malicious?) software download during login" in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Eventide

Eventide

Posted: 25 August 2010 at 7:02am | IP Logged
I too encountered a similar issue this weekend. And thankfully, had the security software in place. The Safe Browsing check I ran listed 5 trojans. Instead of putting the onus on the members, the admins should take some action. It really wouldn't help the website's reputation, if Google starts including the tag 'This website may harm your computer.' in its result listing.

Edited by Eventide - 25 August 2010 at 7:02am

U-No-Poo

IF-Sizzlerz

U-No-Poo

Posted: 26 August 2010 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
wow, looks like this virus/malware problem is increasing rapidly at IF. vijay, this needs to be taken care of asap, it might result in a dire predicament for members.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top