India-Forums

Money Matters for TV Actors-Aamir,Sanjeeda

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

Posted: 18 August 2010 at 1:10pm | IP Logged

Money Matters for tv actors!

Lisa Antao, TNN, Aug 19, 2010, 12.00am IST

TV actors were paid exorbitant amounts, but that's changed post-recession and they are all naturally cribbing about it. Not everyone's willing to admit it on record though. Lisa Antao spoke to some of them and here's what they had to say...

Gone are the days when Indian television actors and actresses rolled on thick wads of cash up their sleeves. Around three years ago they were all paid handsomely. Some were given Rs 20,000 a day, some Rs 30,000 and a few even walked away with more than Rs 40,000 per day! But recession changed it all!

Well-known actors today are being offered anywhere between Rs 7,000 and Rs 12,000. Only a few lucky ones are able to stretch it and get a good Rs 15,000 or even Rs 20,000 a day. The fraternity is naturally complaining, but when BT spoke to them, many tried to put up a front saying they were still paid their original price (nevermind the fact that they are hardly seen on TV these days). Well anyway, this is what the actors said:

Aamir Ali
I don't think the recession has affected me at all. People get what they deserve. I see it as a realistic growth. I never overprice myself. You'll get paid for your worth. Some people exaggerate about how much money they make. If you expect too much that what you actually deserve, you will get disappointed.

Sanjeeda Sheikh
I think the current scenario is quite ok, it's not bad that's why I'm working. About a year back, when the telly industry was badly hit, I decided not to take up anything because I did not want to compromise on my worth. Why should I settle for something lesser when deserve much more? So I waited for the right time and things are looking good now, so I'm back to acting!

Read more: Money Matters for tv actors! - TV - Entertainment - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Money-Matters-for-tv-actors/articleshow/6330670.cms#ixzz0wzD7kbRn

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

naley4everghazal_nazBlessedSexyonekasuuuuShiningStar18

ghazal_naz IF-Dazzler
ghazal_naz
ghazal_naz

Posted: 19 August 2010 at 3:38am | IP Logged
hmmm.... thats why she was on a break sometime back.... well happy that its getting batter again... and they are getting what they should

thanks tanu

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4eva

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

Posted: 19 August 2010 at 4:35am | IP Logged
Yh ghazu...very happy that things are better economically...n thankfully sanjee is back.....waiting for Aamir to b back...n soon Tongue

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ghazal_nazShiningStar18

BlessedSexyone IF-Dazzler
BlessedSexyone
BlessedSexyone

Posted: 19 August 2010 at 8:59am | IP Logged
so basically Sanjeeda is a money grabber, if u love actin, u would do any without takin a "lesser amount" most are all the same, they dont mind gettin less when startin out but complain cause are a lil popular........just shows money is more than passion for some. Same with some sports stars, esp footballers, played it as a passion when a youngster then demand hundreds and thousands a week for 90 mins work.....................not that am complainin, it gd for us agentsLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ghazal_nazCrazyNoori

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top