Reason behind Shilpa's sudden costume change? - Page 4

Posted: 13 years ago

dupatta do not match with western wear. so that she has to wear salwar suits. dupatta has to fly, it has to land on Armaan. she has to shy. Armaan has to feel for her. we have to give yawns.................

p.s: i like KASH chemistry. but dupattas....................

here are some cliches of an indian TV/movie heroine:

- if she is rude and arrogant, the boy has to change her... and this change includes changing from western to Indian...
-she starts feeling shy .. ( well, i guess that happens to anyone when yuo start feeling for someone.. but not to an extent that yuo become a totally different personality altogether..
-she has to have straight hair ( remember when niki first came she had wavy hair.. when she fell in love with abhi it became poker straight)
-salwars provide more scope for dupatta to get stuck, fall in the hero's arms sequences!!
Its just that she is in love & when u r in love u want to look beautiful & changed. She want to look spl for him what ever she wear. And she know Armaan love Indian dresses coz once he scold her that she don't know anything about India. Remember she sing Gaytari mantar......
Edited by nidha1983 - 13 years ago
i agree with ASALUV  the reason for her change is that qoute that she said.
well i guess we have concluded that the dupatta is the true star of the show and they shud re-name the show "Dil Mein Dupatta"

anyway i understand shilpa being shy and all tongue tied cuz that happens when your around a guy you really like...that thats cute to see.

but yeah i wish they had done something different instead of reverting back to the dupatta...and mainly i just want that shilpa's character not take a complete 360 turn...i wud love to see her something where dresses and sometimes salwaars and mix it up every now and then 

but i really hate it when they show the dupatta fly away and the girl suddenly tries to cover herself its soo funny and awkward...esp cuz the dupatta never covered anything in the first place.  and i dont want shilpa to change for armaan...i want them to like eachother for who they are.  esp cuz if shilpa changes herself she'll just become another riddhima.

alot of you made gr8 points...sadly i was sleeping the whole time.
To be honest its quite normal for heroines to wear indian.. but since we have seen riddhima previously wearing indian suits.. viewers are used to seeing it as ridhimmas style.. but some people forget that riddhima aint the only girl who wears indian..
It suits shilpa.. but we need to know what was behind this for her wearing costumes.. cus it was so suddenly
it would be good to have a mix western/indian .. highly doubtful tho
Is this new change due to Shilpa transforming into the possible new female lead?  And is it sooo important in indian shows that the lead wear indian clothes and be this timid innocent time of creature.  I love whatever shilpa wears, but this is just a question about the reason for the sudden change
i soo agree with this..bt in SGP it isnt nethin lyk this bt in 99.9% ov the serials it is!
shilpa looks beautiful in whatever she wears
Indian outfit nahi pehenegee tho duppatta kaise udhega ..............DMG mein that is an important quotient for romance.
The only reason I can think for the sudden change is maybe because you can do a lot more 'romantic' and 'intimate' scenes with dupattas, rather than dresses! You can get the dupatta to fly around, fall on the guy, make the girl look like a bride. You know DMG's typical theory eye lock+dupattas flying = Dill Mill Gayye :)