CID
CID

India-Forums

SUGGESTIONS FOR FW - STORY IDEAS (Page 2)

visrom IF-Veteran Member
visrom
visrom

Posted: 16 August 2010 at 10:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by prabha.

[Yaar someone has to explain to me this suing business. We have written poems and prepared the case list here which has been picked up and posted on various sites. You mean we can sue them?? On what basis? Can I and Bento sue Wiki where the case list created by us is very happy put up without our consent? And if we can't sue them, how can anyone sue FW? This I have not understood. This looks too simplistic, as it we know the wonderful condition of cyber-laws in India, I don't understand this part.

Sony makes profits on telecasting the episode. Now everyone wants a share of the profits. So, some unknown story writer can come forward and prove that s/he has written a similar story before Sony telecasted it and say that Sony has taken the idea.

Poems...is anyone making profits? No.

Wikipedia - it is Free for all...anyone can add content. So no legal issues.

Videos of Bhajansinghassi on youtube - Sony loses profits from re-runs because of youtube videos. The videos are property of Sony and Sony has not given anyone 'rights' to put them on youtube. Hence copyright issues.

Got it?

Signed a legal document?? You know this for sure or you are guessing.
Definitely....there will be a proper agreement between the writers and FW. There will be a clause to that effect.

Edited by visrom - 16 August 2010 at 10:34pm
TVmonk Senior Member
TVmonk
TVmonk

Posted: 16 August 2010 at 10:33pm | IP Logged
Hello Friends. I read this post and it got me thinking. How about a simple post-box no.option. Just like they had advertised for officers, where Vivek joined. They can advertise for fresh stories. Writer can send the 90% completed story, if Fireworks likes it, they can approach the writer via email, seal the legalities via mail and thats it. Payment and everything else can be also taken care of. The only problem I see here is, I am assuming Fireworks to be honest. They have to establish credibility by not lifting those ideas and not giving credit to the writer.

But as they say, you have to take the risk ,if you have to find out.
(This is applicable to those who are worried about their credit for the story).

And obviously those who want to give their ideas for free can also participate.
visrom IF-Veteran Member
visrom
visrom

Posted: 16 August 2010 at 10:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by TSakshi

I am assuming Fireworks to be honest. They have to establish credibility by not lifting those ideas and not giving credit to the writer.

I am sure they are honest. Otherwise they would have easily picked out stories from here or anywhere else.

Why are they struggling to find good stories these days?
prabha. IF-Rockerz
prabha.
prabha.

Posted: 16 August 2010 at 10:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by TSakshi

I am assuming Fireworks to be honest. They have to establish credibility by not lifting those ideas and not giving credit to the writer.

Ofcourse they are honest and that is how I would like them to be. I no way was trying to imply that they should start lift others stories.

I was only trying to understand what happens if stories from here are sent to them. I mean since the stories idea is already out what are legal issues.

Edited by prabha. - 16 August 2010 at 10:42pm
Chiinnu IF-Sizzlerz
Chiinnu
Chiinnu

Posted: 16 August 2010 at 10:40pm | IP Logged
have they chosen any stories till now? i think no. if yes, please tell me that.
even if they are picking up one from here, there is no need to tell the author. the reason is they will never use it in original form they will pick up an idea thats all. we cannot claim on that. and whats the need of claim? what we want is just to maintain the standard of the show.
prabha. IF-Rockerz
prabha.
prabha.

Posted: 16 August 2010 at 10:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by visrom

Why are they struggling to find good stories these days?

Then we can possibly add another point  - HIRE NEW WRITERS
Chiinnu IF-Sizzlerz
Chiinnu
Chiinnu

Posted: 16 August 2010 at 10:45pm | IP Logged

I mean since the stories idea is already out what are legal issues.

we cant do anyithing legally. the thing is that who have time to spend on it. it will take a long time to prove. and even if the story is same, we cannot prove. in the case of movie bhool bhulayya there was a case in court. but that cant prevent the movie from releasing. and if there is any small change in climax, the claim will gone. thats it. it happend in the case of krazy 4, about the ownership of tune krazzy song. but these are rare.
prabha. IF-Rockerz
prabha.
prabha.

Posted: 16 August 2010 at 10:47pm | IP Logged

That is exactly what I have not understood. I can understand what visrom is saying to some extent but I am still very confused. All this just does not sound practical. I have not seen anyone having to suffer due to these claims except wasting everyone's time. It all goes under the name of inspirations and adapting to the current scenario and the matter is closed.

Edited by prabha. - 16 August 2010 at 11:06pm

Go to top