CID
CID

India-Forums

SUGGESTIONS FOR FW - STORY IDEAS

prabha. IF-Rockerz
prabha.
prabha.

Posted: 16 August 2010 at 9:40pm | IP Logged

From what I have heard from members who are in touch with the FW Creative Team that there is some legality involved as far as taking stories from here is concerned. They can't just pick them up. I have heard they have had people accusing them of stealing their ideas. It seems that every writer needs to register each of their stories, somewhere and only then take it to FW. This process I have not understood and with members here Working/ in School/Collages, I doubt we can have a system for registering stories either.

However I have not understood the legal complications of it. We write stuff here and as seen can be lifted by anyone; so many times you don't even have to be a member of IF to do so. So suppose a Production House (PH) picked a story from here as a base for their episode then can the author take the PH to court? If yes, then how and on what basis? This part I have not understood. I know everyone wants credit for their work but I also know that authors here are willing to give away their ideas expecting nothing in return. We will be more than willing if they picked it up from here. Frankly I have not understood the legality here; if someone can explain it to me, I will be grateful.

OUR SUGGESTIONS TO FIREWORKS

HOLD A STORY CONTEST

If I recollect correctly "Main Bhi CID" contest was held in 2003 where viewers were shown clips of unfinished crimes and asked to complete the story. It's been 7 years since. Why not hold a story contest NOW. CID is so loved and widely watched you will get a super response. You will get so many stories and you can build your story bank with them. As part of the contest rules, you can say that FW will hold rights over all the entries and if any non-winning entry is chosen for an episode a set re-numeration will be paid to the writer. The current set of writers have been on the job for about 4-5 years now. Their style has got a bit monotonous and lost freshness, variation and variety which is understandable. This will bring a breath of fresh air into CID Cases, new ideas, new crimes, new outlook, new investigations and we are sure this will recharge the current set of writers as well.

GUEST TECHNICIANS

We often see actors making guest appearances but what we feel is that CID needs technicians to make guest appearance. How cool will it be if FW can get Sridhar Raghavan / Rajat Aroraa to contribute a story or get someone like say Sriram Raghavan / Neeraj Pandey to direct an episode. CID is such a respected show running for years, we are sure if they are approached they would come forward to contribute.

WORKOUT A METHOD FOR FANS TO SEND STORIES

This Forum is full of wonderful story ideas. We are not professional writers. What people write on this forum is basically - A STORY IDEA. We have seen Credit Titles where there are times when one person is credited for Story, one for Screenplay and one for "STORY IDEA". We do just that and we would like FW to use those. We can't get story ideas registered due to our work commitments but still there should be a way out. We are sure a process can be put in place for Fans to send their Story Ideas to FW. This will bring the Creative Team closer to their fans and fans also feel more involved in their favorite show than just watching it. It's sad to see all the lovely ideas here go to waste. There has to be some workaround possible for it.  

Anything else members would like me to add?

PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE THIS POST

Edited by prabha. - 17 August 2010 at 3:54am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Bhavanabsunnyp1414jiya.Shagnikasuhani.cipamisavisromawesumsoniaChiinnu

visrom IF-Veteran Member
visrom
visrom

Posted: 16 August 2010 at 9:57pm | IP Logged
What would happen to people who write stories here? Do we have to stop?

I am actually in a big dillemma now...what if I get a brainwave?

Edited by visrom - 16 August 2010 at 10:01pm
Shagnika IF-Rockerz
Shagnika
Shagnika

Posted: 16 August 2010 at 10:01pm | IP Logged
Hope FW silent member(s) read it.... Big smile

@Visrom why will we stop writing??? Shocked Shocked
visrom IF-Veteran Member
visrom
visrom

Posted: 16 August 2010 at 10:08pm | IP Logged

About legal issues - suppose someone writes a story here and they pick out the idea from here. The writer and IF can sue FW for having taken their idea.

Even if we are saying that we don't want anything in return, there is no 'written agreement' that later on, we'll not fight with them for a share of profits.

Then there is the problem that the stories here MAY not be original...maybe picked out from somewhere. Ok, we know that we are writing original stories, but how does FW know?

These are some of the legal issues.

prabha. IF-Rockerz
prabha.
prabha.

Posted: 16 August 2010 at 10:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by visrom

What would happen to people who write stories here? Do we have to stop?

I am actually in a big dillemma now...what if I get a brainwave?

I know what you mean and even I am in a fix of what to do. Once the idea is on the forum, its out and FW is not going to take it and we have no way of sending it to them either if it's not registered. So what should we do? That is why FW has to tell us a way out. I request members who are in touch with the creative team to give us some suggestions.

m_kal2011 IF-Sizzlerz
m_kal2011
m_kal2011

Posted: 16 August 2010 at 10:17pm | IP Logged

Then there is the problem that the stories here MAY not be original...maybe picked out from somewhere. Ok, we know that we are writing original stories, but how does FW know?

This problem is true for other writers(not belonging to IF) also,  then how does FW verify it?
visrom IF-Veteran Member
visrom
visrom

Posted: 16 August 2010 at 10:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by m_kal2011

This problem is true for other writers(not belonging to IF) also,  then how does FW verify it?
They are registered writers who have probably signed a legal document that their work is original.
prabha. IF-Rockerz
prabha.
prabha.

Posted: 16 August 2010 at 10:26pm | IP Logged

About legal issues - suppose someone writes a story here and they pick out the idea from here. The writer and IF can sue FW for having taken their idea.

Yaar someone has to explain to me this suing business. We have written poems and prepared the case list here which has been picked up and posted on various sites. You mean we can sue them?? On what basis? Can I and Bento sue Wiki where the case list created by us is very happy put up without our consent? And if we can't sue them, how can anyone sue FW? This I have not understood. This looks too simplistic, as it we know the wonderful condition of cyber-laws in India, I don't understand this part.

Well this is true for the current set of writers as well. Infact that is true for any writer. Everyone feels what they are writing is their own but you never know what you saw or heard that made an impression deep in your mind and is now out in your story.

About stories being registered, I wonder how just registeration solve all these issues including possible copying of ideas.

Signed a legal document?? You know this for sure or you are guessing.

Edited by prabha. - 16 August 2010 at 10:30pm

Go to top