Hollywood Movies & Stars

Ashlee Simpson's Battle With Anorexia

mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 18 years ago

The multitalented ASHLEE SIMPSON has had one eventful year -- from buying her first house, to making her first movie, to returning to "Saturday Night Live," she has been making headlines. But something she's been able to keep quiet during her rise to fame is her former battle with anorexia.

"When I went to ballet school, I was around a lot of girls with eating disorders, and I actually had a minor one myself," she reveals in the upcoming issue of Cosmopolitan, hitting newsstands December 13. "It was about six months of not eating too much at all. I was 11 and 5 feet 2 and about 70 pounds."

But she says it was her family's help and support that pulled her out of it. "My parents stepped in and made me eat," she says. "That really helped a lot."

Now Ashlee loves the way she looks. "I think I have good curves, and they're womanly," she says. "I hate it when girls lose their curves."

She says her family has right idea of a healthy body image. "My sister has curves, and my mom has curves," she says. "I think it's sexy not to be a bone, and it's sad when people get too weight-conscious and don't look in the mirror and see themselves as being as beautiful as they are."

So what does Ashlee love when she looks in the mirror? "My boobs," she admits. "I have amazing boobs. I do, I know it. They're not too big, not too small. They're just perfect."

In the telling Cosmo article, Ashlee also opens up about her ex RYAN CABRERA ("We're good friends now, which is cool," she says); her big sister JESSICA ("Whenever I need to lean on somebody, I can lean on her," she says); and when she thinks she'll get married.

"I'd love to get married in my 30s," she reveals. "I feel like your 20s are when you figure yourself out. So I would rather wait until I'm who I'm going to be and am ready for that after I've gotten through all my craziness."

For more on Ashlee's fun new interview, watch tonight's ET!

courtesy: entertainment tonight

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anastacia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I read about this...Thanks for the article. 😊
shahidlover24 thumbnail
...i find her kinda crazy 😆...thanks for sharing!