Balika Vadhu

some info abt prats

radt thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Bengali girl Pratyusha Banerjee, who has stepped into the shoes of Avika Gor to play the older Anandi in Balika Vadhu, says heJameshedpur-based Partyusha, who is a trained classical dancer and singer, was chosen as the new 'Anandi' through an SMS campaign. She is the final year of B.Com.

"This is the first time I will be seen on TV. Earlier I have given screen tests and done several plays," she said.

Pratyusha, the only child of her parents, lives alone in Mumbai in a paying guest accommodation.

"This is my first acting assignment. First, my parents were shocked to hear that I want to be an actress, but they trust me a lot. They thought if I want to do it, then they should let me do it. So they have been very supportive. In fact now they are very happy," she said.

So when did acting bug bit her?

"I've always been associated with cultural activities. I'm a classical dancer and I sing too. I used to take part in plays and theatre activities in school and college. But it was only when I did a play called 'Kalidas' that I thought that lets try my luck in this field. I was 17-years-old then," informed Pratyusha, who is pursuing her graduation through distance education.
Pratyusha, who stepped in the shoes of Avika Gor, told PTI, "I am not really bogged down by the expectations of the character. People have accepted Avika and given her love and respect and I expect the same."