Rules & Announcements

ChaskaMeter Reloaded! - Page 2

vijay thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Ishan.

Thanks Vijay for that info. , can you also consider the TAM ratings , so that we get more accurate result ?? 😳

Well TAM ratings have a very small sample size (around 7000 thats what I heard)  and we want to build an alternative to the TRP. But its still a bit early to make that claim. 😳

If you notice on each show Forum page there is a rating meter on the scale of 1 to 5 which you can use daily to give your feedback on the show and its current track.

Cheers,
Vijay

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mellisai thumbnail
Awesome - thanks for the overview. So the homepage shows the serials that are in the TOP 100, right?
Ishan. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Wow that's great Vijay , I really hope that this alternative system turns out to be a great success and with more accurate results ! 👍🏼 And thanks for reminding me of the rating system , I had seen it many times but never really used it to rate the shows, but from now on will definitely do that !!! :)
VandyP thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
thanx vijay...
but the ranking meter on the home page says u can rate it only once a day...
so i guess multiple hits won't be counted
i still wish if tam ratings or trps are considered rather than hits
romiosugar1 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Aww...awesome. Thanks a lot. I actually noticed it before I read your announcement and got little confused😳

But it's great and you have been doing an outstanding job :)) Thanks a bunch!

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: vijay

This time we have taken even more wider parameters and its not just on Hits. Though I will be posting more information on the same soon. But just as a overview it takes into account the amount of media coverage the show receives, more emphasis on unique visits then depending on hits, people following the show, we are also taking advantage of the Social media like Twitter, Facebook (will be adding Orkut soon), Searches on Google and more...

Cheers,
Vijay

To me it appears that most lively forum plus media coverage. Which from IF/internet perspective is fine. But then if you see the top 3 shows are Geet, MJHT and DMG. While Geet is rising the other two esp MJHT and DMG are dying/nearly dead shows. Though they are popular among desi teens on the internet but not popular in India in general. So how valid it is to put those 2 in top 3? I think Geet, Pratigya and LTL should have been the top 3 shows as currently these 3 shows are hot.
I feel some importance should be given to TAM as TV industry in general follows TAM. Fates of shows are decided by TAM so it cant be all that unfair. But yes ALL importance cannot be given to TAM as then always another set of shows like Rajan Shahi shows, PR, Uttaran etc would be on the top. I guess I would like to see a balance of both.
Limo thumbnail
Thank you, the ratings and the explanations for the ratings seem more intune with the whole world rather than just the TRP. Thank you once again.
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
Geet rules here as well...no.1 rank..wowww😲👏👏👏...Happy days for Maneetians again..we rule🥳

Thanks a lot Vijay for introducing this feature👏...and its good u hv taken into account some basic importent barometers like media coverage and popularity of a show on social networking sites.,.this way there won't b any manipulation in the rankings..😳

I agree these TAM ratings r restricted to only 7000houses and that too in 5-6major cities..what about the billions of viewers staying in other parts of India ??...it will b good if IF can create some sort of history and try to put this chaskameter as an official alternative and challenge the trp system or mayb get into some sort of partnership👍🏼...Is IF working in that direction ??😳
Edited by jyoti06 - 13 years ago
Dark_Star thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
That's a Great Feature Vijay bhai!!⭐️ I am sure it will make users go to the homepage eagerly every monday to check the rankings!!

I just wanted to request you something:-😊

I noticed that 'Love ne mila di Jodi', a show which used to come on star one has been sent to the archive today. A question came up in my mind:-

Is it not possible to include shows which have ended and now have been archived?😕

But after thinking for a while, i came to this conclusion that comparing current shows with those of the past ones is not fair and square....most of the criteria s won't match....

But then the fans of these old shows would like to see them being ranked😊....so i am wondering if you could make a similar ranking system with some changes in the criteria for the archive shows.

Just like there is chaskameter for top 100 shows, can we have one for...let's say, Top 10 Archive shows?

It's just my suggestion, the rest is up to you.😊

Thanks for this new feature!!😃

Nachiket
Edited by Dark_Star - 13 years ago
adits7 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
dis is gud.....n mre coz d shws rankin arnt based on trps alone...coz der r channels n shws who suffer coz of availability n other stuff...bt r vry popular among viewers......so dis is really gud....jus hope dat ders no bashin n -ve posts in forums coz of dis....MOds tough task ahead...guess...

bt dis new shws rankin thing rocks....

congrats I-F...
👏