Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

jaanlover

IF-Sizzlerz

jaanlover

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 5:05am | IP Logged
Sonakshi Sinha is in two minds on Kamal Haasan's film offer 

Sonakshi Sinha Sharp and worldly-wise as she is, Sonakshi Sinha is nonetheless caught in a strange dilemma. She has been offered a tri-lingual Hindi, Tamil Telugu film opposite Kamal Haasan who is almost her father's age.

While Shatrughan Sinha has no objections to the unorthodox pairing, Sonakshi is not sure. "I've got the offer. But I'm yet to hear the narration," she says cautiously, buying time to wriggle out of what looks like a hugely awkward situation.

It's not just Salman Khan. The 40-plus bracket of the distinguished male gaze has fallen on the lovely Sonakshi Sinha from all walks of life. After Salman in Dabangg, Akshay Kumar in Joker and Shah Rukh Khan who's enormously keen to be paired on screen with the Sinha heiress (apparently they're coming together in Yash Chopra's next), we now hear of Kamal Haasan showing a keen interest in being paired with Sonakshi in a film to be directed in three languages Tamil Telugu and Hindi by the Tamil maverick Selvaraghavan.

Even before we can get over that one, we now hear the Kashmiri politician Farooq Abdullah is quite taken up with Sonakshi and has shown a keen interest in meeting the lovely actress. Apparently, Farooq who has quite an eye for beauty and had once many decades ago, been captured on camera revving it up on a mo'bike with Shabana Azmi as his pillion, has expressed a keen interest in meeting Sonakshi and has invited the unit of her two of her under-production films in Kashmir as the State government's guest.

Proud father Shatrughan Sinha happily admits to Sonakshi's popularity in the politicians' fraternity. "Suddenly I am Sonakshi Sinha's father. I don't at all mind basking in her glory. Yes, I met Farooq Abdullah this week. And he was so full of praise for Sonakshi. He just couldn't stop talking about the good work that she's doing. I'm very proud of her."

Shatrughan Sinha is not the least frazzled by his contemporary Kamal Haasan's offer to work with Sonakshi.

"Kamal Haasan is a fantastic actor. As far as I know, the film that he wants to do with Sonakshi has fabulous roles for both of them. That is rare because Kamal's films are predominantly his vehicles," says the protective father.

As for the age difference between Sonakshi and Kamal Haasan, Shatrughan Sinha protests, "Why are we still stuck in such outdated discussions? Age differences ceased to matter in films long ago. We've had some beautiful films recently with the hero being far older than the leading lady. Besides, as far as I know, the script is written in a way that justifies the age difference between the lead. So there's really no need for Sonakshi to feel awkward."

Taking a long pause, the intrepid Shatrughan Sinha says, "Right from the time Sonakshi decided to act I made it clear to her that she must keep the reputation of the family and her dignity grace and decorum in place while conducting herself in the industry. I know she won't compromise on my principles. I also know someone of Kamal Haasan's stature won't undermine my position and my family's position. He is the father of a daughter who is into acting, himself. He knows."

Ends the proud father, "I'm happy to say Sonakshi has inherited my sharp tongue and taste for repartees. When on Karan Johar's show she is asked how she handles misbehaviour she retorted, 'No one dares misbehave with me. They know I've a Shotgun at home.' Spoken like a true chip off the old block."

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kinshukkiaashiq

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Sonakshi Sinha Fanclub (Page 3)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jaanlover

IF-Sizzlerz

jaanlover

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 6:11am | IP Logged
Sonakshi Sinha to transform into an urban chic for Joker 

Sonakshi Sinha From the rural beauty in Dabangg Sonakshi Sinha will now move to playing a completely urban girl in Joker.

Promises the most promising newcomer of the year, "Oh yes, there's more to me than the demure gao ki sehmi-sehmi Rajjo in Dabangg. Audiences will see me totally urbanized in Joker and Kick."

Quiz the confident Sonakshi Sinha about two films with the same director Shirish Kunder and Sonakshi jumps to her films' defence. "It's just a coincidence that Kick and Joker have the same director. I signed them because I loved my role and the script. Joker is going to be shot in 3D. I've always been fascinated by the technique. I remember as kids we used watch 3D films like Shiva Ka Insaaf with those special glasses. Great fun to watch. Hopefully it will be enjoyable to shoot. I can't wait to start shooting in January."

And here's some good news. Sonakshi has a far larger role in Joker than in debut Dabangg.

Says the actress, "Oh yes, I am in almost every frame with Akshay. Dabangg had me in a relatively small part. I got noticed because of the way I was presented."

Undoubtedly Sonakshi Sinha is the most sought-after newcomer of 2010 with a slew of producers pursuing her relentlessly with offers that they feel she cannot refuse. Besieged by callers desirous of signing the Next Best Thing at any cost the newcomer, not new to stardom fame and glamour in her family, has decided to cut herself loose from the public glare to catch her breath.

Sonakshi has changed her phone number. Too many nuisance calls, too many favour-seekers and fans. Most of all, too many producers with offers that she finds it awkward to say no to. Now the wannabe producers will have to approach Sonakshi through her business manager.

Laughs the shy girl suddenly thrust with more attention that she bargained for, "I was getting too many calls with requests that made no sense to me"

jaanlover

IF-Sizzlerz

jaanlover

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 6:14am | IP Logged
Sonakshi walks the ramp at Lakme Fashion Week 

Sonakshi Sinha's 'Mast Mast Do Nain' did floor the audiences in the cinema halls, but the lovely woman is also making quite an impression on the ramp shows. The beautiful daughter of Shatrugan Sinha was the showstopper for Narendra Kumar yesterday at the Lakme Fashion Week.

The ace designer who unveiled his "Killer" denim collection flaunted his creative new designer Jodhpur pants and trousers in denim material. Sonakshi, with her envious height and curves was best suited to showcase just that and she set the ramp on fire flaunting Jodhpur denims last evening.

She even walked recently with her Dabangg co-star Salman Khan at the IIFA Fashion week held at Colombo. This cat is surely doing the walk.

Sonakshi Sinha

PearlyPal

ZoobiDoobi

IF-Addictz

ZoobiDoobi

Posted: 30 March 2011 at 11:03am | IP Logged
I watched Dabangg last weekend, man Luved her and Sallu Day Dreaming

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kinshukkiaashiqPearlyPal

ZoobiDoobi

IF-Addictz

ZoobiDoobi

Posted: 30 March 2011 at 11:03am | IP Logged
Siggy made by Priya!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kinshukkiaashiqPearlyPal

PearlyPal

IF-Rockerz

PearlyPal

Posted: 31 March 2011 at 1:00pm | IP Logged
hii zareen...
nice fc,i would like join it :)

ZoobiDoobi

IF-Addictz

ZoobiDoobi

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 2:06pm | IP Logged

COVER: Sonakshi on Filmfare

Monday, May 16, 2011 | 10:07:06 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 27 Comments
COVER: Sonakshi on Filmfare

Bollycurry unveils to you the latest edition of FilmFare for this month, which features Dabaang gal ...

One's gotta notice this one-movie down starlet, who makes it to a third mag cover in under the span of a month - talk about happening!

Bollycurry unveils to you the latest edition of FilmFare for this month, which features Dabaang gal Sonakshi Sinha in her hail summer avatar on its cover!

If the village belle didn't attract you, grab this issue to watch her go all trendy with the strapless green gypsy dress, lose errant curls and a primary red-blue flimsy summer scarf. Bonus shall be the cover story, where you can find out why the lass refuses to address her superstar launchpad, Macho Man Salman as Sallu bhai!

From the hot and happening surprises of 2011, and Imran on his marriage status, to tales of the biggest directors and their errors!

This magazine covers it all! Grab it while it lasts!

Editor: Naseem
Graphics: Pooji

prettyR3

prettyR3

prettyR3

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 1:50am | IP Logged
Hi,i had seen Dabbang and from then on i love sonakshi.She's an awesome actress
and a very confident girl .i had also seen her on Coffee with karan where she answered every question brilliantly.She's Beauty with brains!!

Smilecan i be a part of this fanclub?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top