~celebrity endorsements~

dare_dis_devil thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
hey hiii everyone....

hmmm...luv dis forum...hfe always been interested in debating n da likes...n methinks dis plc is real cool...

ok...now am reilli interested in media n d ad-world...

so, wud like 2 ask ya 'all wht do u ppl think of these celebrity endorsements? i mean do you think that merely getting a celebrity to endorse your product, you can actually increase the sales of your products? do you think celebs actually have that much power? also....do chip in your fav and your worst celeb ads....

so cummon...add in ur bit, people.....

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Good topic, I do think that celebs endorsing a product to increase the sales of the product. I have bought some products because I have seen celebs endorsing them,for example makeup, shampoo (hair products in general). Well I have not seen a lot of ads for Bollywood actors, I have only seen photos. However with Hollywood actors, I would have to say the celebs who do the Cover Girl, Loreal and Coca Cola/Pepsi ads are really good. The worse ads, mmm...I can't really think of anyone at this point and time.
Fariha2506 thumbnail
Personally I do believe that people do buy the products more if they are advertised through endorsement of celebrities. The reason behing this is that we as humans are social animals and part of our human nature rests on how to appeal to other people!!! and where do we all look for the "right way to dress", "right way to behave", "what's popular", "what is the norm"... we all follow what society has put forth as the norm... what society at a given time believes is attractive.. and for this reason.. we always look at celebrities, because they are the limelight in the entertainment business, which encompasses a vast area in the media. We conform to these beliefs that what the media portrays is what everybody desires. Therefore when companies use celebrities in their advertisements, they gain "customers" to their products because the know it will appeal!! especially to the younger generation.. who is still forming their identities and developing relationsips.. through which they always look to the media for what is "right".
dare_dis_devil thumbnail
hmmm....sme interesting takes on d issues thr.....

well, methinks that ok, these celebrity endorsements may work in sme cases, but then merely depending upon ths celebs 2 increase ur sales aint a gud idea afterall....

i mean, perhaps the best example wud b d BigB ads, he seemed 2 b on en "endorsements spre", but not all of d TVC's he did wr successful, rite.... n on d contrary, take a look at the ads of hutch (the pug one), mirinda, colgate kyun nahi, n' stuff....they've been reilli popular here in india inspite of hving no so-called "star-power"....

that's why i think celebrity commercials dont always work,....

neway...sme of d celeb comm's tat melikes r:-

the aamir "paanch" series, preity's perk thingie n yeah sania's getz comm is gud too....

n abt d bad ads....well, d list os endlesss.....

hazelgirl thumbnail
yes..celebrities have that power....
if u see hrithik wearing john players....kareena applying lux..ash ,,nakshatra...
u tend to get tempted and as a result u buy them.....
Celebrities definitely increases the sales of a product. 😛 😛 😛
jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
i suppose a celeb would not be asked to endorse a product at such a high cost if it did not sell. i guess they have a larger pull cos the face is familiar, and one has a tendency to think that the product may give one at least one hundredth of the goodness it has given the celeb (specially cosmetics!). besides i guess people buy it cos the face is familiar and the celeb is their fav and stuff like that!