Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chiinnu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
my post is edited...have a look friends...and press like if it is good...

FREEDOM@MIDNIGHT

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1459994
Edited by chinnu_manikyam - 13 years ago
sunnyp1414 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Few words from my side--

Freedom, what a beautiful word to listen when only when we know how hard it has been gained for us by our ancestors. I am very thankful to them that today I can do everything with full freedom. Freedom of thought, act, to do anything, enjoy etc but my parents taught me that your freedom should not come is way of others freedom as well. With Freedom you carry extra responsibility as well so respect it.  But we have to guard our freedom, our family's freedom, our society freedom, our nations freedom. Freedom just doesn't mean you are free but see your surroundings they should also be free. We are only Free when our surroundings are also Free and have full right.

I am blessed to be born in free country. My Grandpa and grandma both tell me what was actually before 1947. My Grand pa born in 1918. He has lot of experience and he has friends in Lahore. I used to hear stories from him. My Grand pa lived in Punjab (India) and everyday he used to go there by cycle. What actually is freedom you can see in eyes of those who have actually lived in slave country. They are so passionate to talk about Freedom, how it is achieved and tell us how to respect it.

Happy Independence Day to all Indians (I know its early.) as well as Pakistanis. Enjoy and respect Freedom. 

Bhavanab thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
"Long years ago we made a tryst with destiny, and now the time comes when we will redeem our pledge, not wholly or in full measure, but very substantially. At the stroke of the midnight hour, when the world sleeps, India will awake to life and freedom. A moment comes, which comes but rarely in history, when we step out from the old to the new, when an age ends and when the soul of a nation, long suppressed, finds utterance... We end today a period of ill fortune, and India discovers herself again."
These few lines by Jawaharlal Nehru on our first Independence Day have so much of life and significance,don't they ??
Independence Day for me is a very important day in the life of every single Indian,even for me it does,many people say it's a day when we need to realise we are an Independent nation but why just one day The realisation that we are an independent nation needs to be felt every moment. 15th Aug 1947 was a day when many Indians realised the importance of freedom and today after so many years its the duty of today's generation to realise at what cost this freedom was achieved !!
I still used to remember the flag hoisting done in our grounds on the morning of this Day,I along with my grandpa used to wake up early morning and then go downstairs,my grandpa taught me the way we should keep our hand in salute position and standing straight while singing the national anthem and all those memories come alive on every Independence Day,will miss him a lot this year !!.Another important aspect was kite flying,buying a Flag coloured kite and then flying it in the bright sky and seeing so many kites flying together in the sky gives such a beautiful feeling of togetherness and unity which is the charm and pride of our country !!!
Many people say that for today's youth Independence Day is a mere holiday to which I disagree,today's youth is awake !! they know the importance of this special day and what significance this day has in the life of Indians,I guess almost all of us consider Independence Day a very important day of our lives and it's definitely not just a holiday for us !! Many of us still do wake up in the morning to see the flag hoisting at Red Fort on TV and then sing the national anthem,then also hear the PM's speech and finally feel proud to be an INDIAN,these points itself are enough to say we the youth do believe in the importance of Independence Day atleast the youth of IF does !!
Wishing All My Dear Friends A very Happy Independence Day Beforehand and JAI HIND !!!
Edited by Bhavanab - 13 years ago
Aandromeda thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

In barely 24 hours we will celebrate another Independence day. So what! We had one last year and will have ones in the coming years too unless someone drops a nuclear bomb on us. What actual difference does it make? I personally think that our forefathers have got great insight because they knew that at least on this day we'll remember them by all this celebration or commotion.

What are we really independent from? The British, well we got rid of them 63 years ago. Is this day just to remember how gracefully the Indian flag stood in the horizon with no storm lingering over it or is to pay homage to the thousands of freedom fighters who loved their country more than themselves. Yes that is all part of it. But we have been talking about the past for quite a while. True, no future comes without a past. So why are not we thinking of future on this auspicious day. We are the next future to this country and if we don't think about it who will? What better time to think than this day. This day is not just a reminder of how India was freed from the clutches of British Empire; it's about India being able to stand for herself. We have been celebrating this day for quite a long time now isn't it so what do we know about patriotism or when do we feel it, after watching films like border, swades or lakshya( how long that lasts). I don't mean to say that everyone one of us should get motivated and rush in for the BSF headquarters. No it's not possible for all of us.  But there is something every one of us in our own way can do and we ought to think about that.

We are boasting of how developed our country is (true developed from what it had been).  So how come this developed country can't provide enough education facilities to nourish the Indian youth. Why our scientists can't do research here? How can we expect them to develop India when their researchers are being funded by other nations? It is such a pity that these world leaders have realized our potential when our leaders are still doing survey on it. By the time they finish these surveys Indian youth would have gone wasted. Our India is home to all sorts of resources yet we still don't have plans to utilize them. other nations have come here exploited our resources made things out of it and now we have to pay tax for importing them back. funny how this system works. we have all sorts of technical efforts here still our markets are filled with Chinese goods rather than our own. we have the brains and we use every opportunity to boast about it but never uses it.

Happy Independence Day Friends

sneh. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
It's been 63 years now, we enjoy all sorts of be it speech expression or thought, speech and much more. It's since my childhood my I hear read and speak the same line, India is a developing country. I am still waiting for the era when we can say India is developed and advanced country. Yet we can't deny the fact that India actually is a developing and progressive country. We have highly advanced IT sector, our business tycoon rank amongst the top 50 richest personalities, and much more. But while taking pride for so many advancements and progress of our nation, we forget to include our participation in it. I would like to share some instances here. I remember since I was a child we had pledge, "India is my country all Indians are my brothers and sisters" I never understood its meaning until I started recognizing words, until then for me that pledge was a part of morning assembly and a rule of the schools. No teacher explained us the deep meaning behind it. This was the first step for me as a child to make acquainted with the country however our education process lacked here. The second instance is when I was in my junior college my I loved talking about the country making poems on India while my friends and peer found these talks boring. I could never understand their behavior. The last and final instance was what happened today with me in the office, one of my colleagues played our national anthem on his laptop a child was singing it, I told everyone to stand up and myself stood up as well, my colleagues started laughing at me and making fun of me.

I think it's here where we are lacking we lack in respect may be because we lack in respect and personal participation. Many of us think something must be done for the country but no one takes the initiative. People like me (I accept the fact) jus think of doing something for the country but are unable to take active steps. Some patriotic movies move us from inside we feel to do something similar but the feeling remains just as feeling with no positive steps.

I know common people like us can't act like that of our national heroes yet some minimal things can add to the development and progress of our country. The prime step is following the rules; don't participate in corruption, neither in taking nor in the giving process. Brotherhood is the key word to unity so before differentiating in the basis of caste, creed, religion or nationality just remember, we all abide for one nation, differentiating on these basis can lead to riots which tarnishes our country name globally. Sharing one home brings love and affection for the family, why can't we treat our country similarly? Come on guys on the 63rd birthday of our nation lets gift him a unbreakable bond of love and respect, progress and development would eventually follow. Happy independence day to everyone
sneh. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi guys this was one poem which I made quite a time ago, I know its not that good, I must not be wasting one post here yet I wanted share this somewhere so I am sharing it here

26 January, 15 August,
Aaj ke din karenge hum deshbhakti prakat
Aaj ke din hum hutatmaon ko yaad karte hain
Toh kya huva agar poora saal hum desh ko bhool jate hain
Aaj ka din hain Utsav ke huvi bapu ke siddhanton ki jeet
Par kya kare unhe bhulakar jeena hi hain aaj ki samajik reet
Bhagat singh aur unke saathiyon ko hum kabhi nahi bhula sakte
Magar Pados ke ghar mein janma ho doosra bhagat Singh yahi ummed rab se rakhte
Kaumi dangon ke karan khoye rashtra pita jaante hain hum
Par jab koi de kaum ki duhayee Jag uthta hain Dharam
Kapte nahi haath marne unhe jinhe kabhi kaha tha bhai
Balatkar kar baithte hain uss behen ka jiski raksha ki kabhi kasam thi khayi
Jab hota hain Aatankvadi humla hum sarkar ko koste hain
Magar reeshwat dene wale iss hath ko kabhi nai rokte hain
Seema par daate humare sipajiyon se hum bahut pyar karte hain
Par filmon aur cricket ke aagee kuch yaad nai rakh pate hain
Desh ki unnati ki hum sabhi Kamana karte hain
Par unnati mein haath batane ko jaane kyun bhool jate hain
Kartavyon ki ummed hum doosron se rakhte hain
Par apni hi zimmedariyan nahi nibha paate hain
Jab poori tarah se nibhayega hum mein se har koi apni zimmedari
Tab sahi maino mein har din manegi 15 August aur 26 JanuaryEdited by sneha_fighter - 13 years ago
-purnima- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
there is no denying fact that 15 august has turned just another holiday.... 4 2days generation...... evey1 has plans.......to complete their work which they couldnot complete in weekdays.........
at the maximum........they might watch a patriotic film........or will listen to PM's speech............... i doubt how many of them wud watch.... 😕😕.........

i may sound filmy........... but----koi desh perfect nahi hota..........use perfect banana padta hai......... & ache log.........acha desh banate hai........its the people of the country who make country proud......u dont need to be a special hero........or join a political party ....or join armed forces to show ur patriotism ............
it just needs a little step...... as simple as keep ur city clean..... or when u drive follow traffic rules..... try & be a responsible citizen.........😊......

what our freedom fighters have done 4 the country........4 us future genration is something commendable............it can never be 4gotten....... but we have to make our country..........much better....4 our coming generation............. 😃 😃😃😃so freedom 4 me wud be.........freedom.....4m all those things........which hamper the country's image on the world map...... 😊

monika21 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: chinnu_manikyam

FREEDOM AT MIDNIGHT

India is our country. The incredible, rapid growing world power with developing industrialization and well build up brains with a positive attitude towards world peace and no terrorism strategic plans.

wow yaar. nice essay.. we should proud to be an Indian..."JAI HIND"...😛😊

jeet. thumbnail
from me a simple messege......HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY.....JAI HIND!
hin_sa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I believe India still under the bondage from all the disguised discriminations as well. Today's youth always look for professional courses and those who are unconventional are seen as losers. No one has even got a tinge of social commitment. We need to stop thinking ourselves as inferior to the westerner. Brain drains needs to be reduced and the youth needs to take cues from the honourable freedom fighters to build a new nation. Also the burning issues such as Khap murders should be dealt firmly.

In the case of our beloved show, I wish to see it taking a new dimension. I sincerely wish that it goes beyond its scope and deals with social issues ( dowry, female infanticide etc.) and stories where people are prevented from committing crimes because prevention is always better than cure.