Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

kitty468

IF-Dazzler

kitty468

Posted: 11 December 2005 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
the actor must train himself to act first to get the role, then later groom himself. otherwise you get the common comment. looks good but cant act or dance.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "An Actor Needs? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

MonicA#1Actress

Goldie

MonicA#1Actress

Posted: 11 December 2005 at 7:05pm | IP Logged

Speaking from experience ( ahem ahem, like since I was 4) an actor or actress needs a very important ability, and that is to become the character they are playing. Don't play the character,, BE THE CHARACTER, that is one of the most important advice my acting coach gave me.

Also, good body language and facial expressions matter to an actor, unfortunately, I see many actors and actress lacking this in the Film Industry, some in Hollywood, but more in Bollywood.

When I say body language, I mean how and what state  your body is in when a certain situation or emotion is being expressed.

For example, if you are playing a confident and shrewd businessman/women, you don't want to be fidgeting too much and speak in a timid tone, you want to project a good posture and a serious speaking tone to show you ARE a serious and confident business person.

Of course, if you happen to be a cowardly person who is always nervous and scared, then speaking in a timid tone and fidgeting nervous body language is appropriate.

Many "professional" Bollywood actors and actress lack this and also they don't play their characters role.

Anyway, when it comes to dancing, it isn't so important, unless you are into item numbers.

As for looks, it does matter, but not so much, eventually you need to show your talent because good looks will only take you so far, then you are on your own with pure talent, if you have any of course.Big smileLOL

But anyone can learn to be a good actor or actress.

~Monica~

Post Reply New Post

Go to top