Tere preet ke rang , rangi ye meri odhni

Adhure khwaab banke
Chodi, meri liye, tune ek yaad
Teri preet ke rang, rangi, ye odhni
Rang uski na maine pehchaani
Aasoonon mein jo maine use bhigoyi
Teri preet ke rang, rangi, ye meri odhni

Tere duaaon ko samete, odhu main ye odhni
Berang sapnon ko mere jo, range phir se...
Teri preet ke rang , rangi meri yeh odhni...

Zindagi ko bhuli main,
Chooti na par, usse meri odhni
Sang rang li, raah chalte , preet ko nayi,
Jo jaani, hoon, thi teri preet ki hi parchaayi!

Jee uti hoon, aaj main phir se...
Aaghosh mein , meri preet nayi...
Jhoomti, naachti, lehraate tere preet ki rangi
Ye meri odhni...
Ke rangni hai phir se , mujhe
Preet se, ye meri odhni...

-Sareeta

-An ode to Suraj's love for Khanak and his wish for her well being with Shaantanu and the Odhni that has been witness to this love that transcends all boundaries!

Edited by sareeta - 13 years ago
Posted: 13 years ago
It's so beautiful dear!! Hayeeee! I love it!! 😃 Will come back and comment in detail. 😃
Thanks Maddy... the odhni scene last night just triggered it... I've had this idea for long... and finally... just triggered... and well... there is a detailed post also that I hopefully will finish after my mad work... on the odhni scene..

And yeah Maddy, will be waiting for your detailed comments! :).
Edited by sareeta - 13 years ago
Beautiful Sareeta... Bless!!!!!
gosh if i could put one line together like this.. uuuff....
Love it dear!
Veeni - Thanks a ton... I dont know... but the odhni scene was very significant (am still wriitng the post.. damn now that makes 7 posts in parallel and I dont know when I will complete... I hate work sometimes... really!) and I felt it was the witness to everything that khanak has gone through and the scene today just signified that a whole lot more...

More on the significance of it for Shaan and how he looks at it... in a seperate post...
OMG sareeta excellent.It is the presence of people like u and many others  which make me visit the forum with enthusiasm too often.
how i wish i could write something like that.
well u are a star poet.ode to odhani is too good.
Shirya - That was very sweet of you to say so! Thank you so much. Yeah I do pen poetry, when I am driven by anything I feel for strongly or deeply about.. and so far this serial and the portrayal of the characters by the lead actors have given me enough and more to connect and ponder about... so i guess.. may be I will be writing more... hopefully...

Thanks a ton again... it means much that people appreciate... really... its very humbling....
wooooow....wonderful...I havent watched the epi yet but ur poem is giving me an essence of it...well done gal!
@sweet_dream - i wanted to capture the essence of the odhani itself... and its significance , its role in the life of khanak , shaantanu and her bereaved husband Suraj! Glad you liked it.
Sareeta
What can I say? Am searching for words.... that scene was very important and your words have brought out what Khanak must have thought and felt, in silence, recalling that act of Shaan's, looking at Suraj's photo, after Shaan goes to office! Must say I had a few drops in my eyes....am not in tears, LOL, but it s very touching.... to lose the love of your life is terrible, and women in that position have so little hope of ever experiencing it again in their lives!  Love how they showed this boyish, immature, irresponsible guy filling a young widow's odhani and life with colours... he isn't that clueless, is he? Sorry... am rambling on.... am very touched to read this.... very much....🤗