Debate Mansion

Taking Your Consciousness Outside Your Body (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 31

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 13 August 2010 at 9:11am | IP Logged
Sorry but Osho was a disgraced yogi called Rajish and I have read his works they are very disjointed ideas and I am unimpressed.
He was formerly charged in US too.
Anyway all have their freedom to select whom they want to follow.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Taking Your Consciousness Outside Your Body (Page 7)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 13 August 2010 at 9:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *dewdrop~pearl*

Your right. Whenever you are not able to concentrate while doing meditation or keep your mind empty, they say the best way is to picturise your favorite God/Goddess and concentration becomes easier Embarrassed. Not only God, you can picturise anything that gives you peace of mind, like maybe your parents or like someone here said, a peaceful garden, etc.

And you are absolutely right about what you said about people going to temples and those who dont. I personally believe it is important to be Spiritual even if one is not Religious, as opposed to the popular belief system in our country. In India, what I have noticed is that most people are religious but not spiritual. Lot of religious people still havent understood the true meaning of 'God'. They believe that the only way of reaching God is through these religious places like temples, churches, mosques, etc. There is nothing wrong in being religious, as long as you understand the true meaning of religion and God, and its purpose. I personally know lot of people who are hardcore religious, but its the same people who do more bad deeds in life. They consider it to be alright to do such things as they believe that as long as they pray, all their sins will be forgiven. But they dont realise that religion is only a path to spirituality and that spirituality is the ultimate thing. Religion is definitely helpful in guiding you through your spiritual path but believing that this path is your destination and forgetting spirituality in an effort to be religious is undesirable. And if you have got the wrong perception and meaning of religion it is bound to have an opposite effect, and rather than helping it can even misguide you. Similarly there are lot of people who are able to reach their spiritual destination without the help of religion, which is perfectly fine. Thus such people who are not religious and dont believe in doing too many religious things are also able to attain God and their ultimate aim of self-realisation.

Like you, even I have met couple of strange people who can sense things which normal people cannot. As they say, as you climb higher levels in spirituality, slowly slowly your 6th sense gets activated. All of us are at different levels of spirituality, some of us at low and some at higher levels. It is very difficult to make a person operating at lower levels of spirituality to understand spirituality and its facets as they will only understand these things when their time comes. Till then they will not even believe you or believe in the existence of anything that doesnt have physical or scientific evidence. Because the 1st step to spirituality and self-realisation itself is to believe in it.

Like your watch incident, several unexplainable incidents have happened to me as well. I feel elated when these happen, but also feel bad that I dont have much people around me who are travelling in the same boat as me to discuss these things with, as most people around me are skeptical about such things and I know they will never believe me Disapprove, and many people laugh sarcastically when I try to talk out these things Ouch. Thats when someone told me to just keep my experiences to myself and no need to discuss it with everyone, unless I meet people of my similar wavelength and spiritual beliefs.

Devotion is private and personal and it is your special relationship between you and your chosen God. None should come in between or interfere. Each one has a very special relationship I think.
No matter how true your experience there will be unbelievers and scoffers, so pointless to waste time with them. you know everything personally in your heart that all will be okay.

But truely wonders never cease. There are several good books which should be read by all I think. Even the simplest book like the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna is so filled with devotion.
It virtually feels as if we are sitting next to Him.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Pallavi-*dewdrop~pearl*

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 13 August 2010 at 9:36am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sorcerer

Its not compelling yourself to breathe right !
Meditation is means concentration, focus and adapt yourself to an environment away from distractions. So that you work better .

Meditation is not just deep breathing. It is "mindfulness" in any tasks undertaken. Meditation can be eating, walking or even jumping. It basically stems from the theory to do just one thing at a time.

When you focus on one thing at a time, your brain actually performs 10 times faster than it actually does.
Regarding consciousness,

"You can go on changing the outer for lives and you will never be satisfied; something or other will remain to be changed. Unless the inner changes, the outer can never be perfect."  - Osho.

Very well said Embarrassed.

@ bold blue - Very true. Even scientifically it makes lot of sense to concentrate solely on one activity at a time which really increases the efficiency of the act.

And I also agree with Osho's phrase. Even I believe that a dynamic person is one who can mould himself easily according to the external conditions, as the only thing that a human being has control over is his inner self. External environment, people, their attitude and behaviour, etc. will always remain unpredictable, so keeping our inner self equipped to face this dynamic world is the secret to a peaceful and successful life Wink, ie., bringing about harmony between the external and internal world Embarrassed.

The Buddhists teach us right mindfulness.
It a sort of vipassana meditation

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

*dewdrop~pearl*

casper2

Goldie

casper2

Posted: 13 August 2010 at 10:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Sorry but Osho was a disgraced yogi called Rajish and I have read his works they are very disjointed ideas and I am unimpressed.
It was Bhagwan Rajneesh, who had a masters in Philosophy. Some of his ways were a bit *ahem *... controversial LOL 

*dewdrop~pearl*

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 13 August 2010 at 5:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by crazy_sunny

Originally posted by Summer3

It was Bhagwan Rajneesh, who had a masters in Philosophy. Some of his ways were a bit *ahem *... controversial LOL 
Well he is dead and gone but it is not for me to comment I guess.

Problem with humans is that most humans are willing to follow anyone and everyone.
Before accepting any guru it is good to fully test them.

*dewdrop~pearl*

-Pallavi-

Goldie

-Pallavi-

Posted: 14 August 2010 at 12:24am | IP Logged
I really havent heard about taking consciousness outside the body by meditation. Till now, I was thinking it is more of one's own level of concentration through dhyana.

This reminds me of an incident my cousin narrated to me. My cousin has a friend who is very much into meditation. That friend has learnt to go deep in dhyana. Once they were studying together and this friend started doing meditation in between. As there was no motion from him for a long time, my cousin tried waking him by calling his name. After several attempt of calling him, that friend woke up and said, he could see everything happening in that room from somewhere else. He said, he saw my cousin calling him also but somehow couldnt come back  immediately.

Dont know whether it is related to taking consiousness outside the body or not. 

I have heard from many people who are practicing meditation, about a third eye which is going to be open after practicing meditation. They say that, when someone touches their forehead, they get a different kind of feeling which was absent before they started meditation.

The videos are very informative. Thanks, angie.4u

Edited by reguser - 14 August 2010 at 1:01am

*dewdrop~pearl*

-Pallavi-

Goldie

-Pallavi-

Posted: 14 August 2010 at 12:36am | IP Logged

Consciousness is also used interchangably with 'soul' at times. And while in your body, it does become your personal property atleast as long as it stays with you Wink. When you are asleep or under the influence of anastesia etc., your consciousness is not in line with your body. But this doesnt happen voluntarily. However, there are people who can voluntarily take their consciousness outside their body through meditation, like how someone described in this forum. They can travel outside the body and be present at various places they desire, especially places where physically they might have constraints.

I am sure all of us have heard about Maharishis and Munis who used to go into forests and meditate there and never come back, and those people were considered to have the ultimate knowledge about everything. Initially when I was small I used to think how can someone who sits with their eyes closed inside a forest have any worldly knowledge, as to have worldly knowledge you have to interact in the world right, so these things used to really confuse me. But now I understand what they do. They meditate in the forest and take their consciousness outside body which enables them to understand everything thats going on.

Regarding the experience I had, I met a guy who used to meditate regularly and after years of sincere meditation got this power to take his consciousness outside his body. He has some other abilities like being able to see aura of people, being able to sense energy, etc. He conducts free meditation classes also. So when I had spoken to him long back, he used to tell me about all this. He told me initially he was surprised that he could do this. He said initially he was able to expand his consciousness slightly, like sitting inside his room he was able to read the number plates of the cars parked outside his house. Then when he would go and check outside, he realised he was absolutely right! So similarly he continued with the process and is now able to do wonders with it.

Similar experiences aroused my curiousity and interests in spirituality and related things. Before I met this guy I never even used to believe in reincarnation. For me reincarnation, punar janam everything were just 'filmy' concepts. But today I believe in all that and am always curious and interested to learn more about these things.

@Bold - Recently there was a programme on Discovery channel about a saint somewhere near Indo-Nepal border. That saint sits without moving for 5 years (or so).

It was an interesting documentary. But dont know how far it is true.

May be sometime, science can not explain everything?

*dewdrop~pearl*

gopalbhai

Goldie

gopalbhai

Posted: 14 August 2010 at 2:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by angie.4u

Would you be able to see your gorgeous self reflected in the mirror at night ? or do you sleep with the lights on !

I keep my bedroom pitch black in the night.  Not even the glare of any electronics like dvr light or digital clock.  When ever I wake up duriong the night, which is quite rare as I am a sound sleeper ONCE I fall asleep, I could barely make out the shapes of the furniture - that's it.

For  soul to get a reflection in mirror , the soul has to have s physical body . If it is a physical body it should not be able to enter or leave the body!

One reason i can see is that soul may be afraid  when it cannot see itself in mirror. But how then will the soul think because thinking needs the brain, and  brain is left in the original living body ??

Post Reply New Post

Go to top