Debate Mansion

Taking Your Consciousness Outside Your Body (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 31

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 12 August 2010 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

*dewdrop~pearl*

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Taking Your Consciousness Outside Your Body (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 12 August 2010 at 12:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mister.K.

Originally posted by angie.4u

If you succeed, even once, in taking "consciousness" outside the body via meditation, why bother coming back into the body again?
If you deliberately dont get back , it would constitute suicide , and thats considered to be a sin .It is said that if the silver cord somehow breaks off during astral travel then you may not be able to enter back into your body.  

Alright. Stop making up rules like Nolan.
who is making rules ? Not me ! But I would get back  as I could always go again .

*dewdrop~pearl*

Mister.K.

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 12 August 2010 at 12:12pm | IP Logged

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 12 August 2010 at 12:19pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

K, would you come back to your body if you get to master the art of astral travel or taking your consciousness out of your body?

I don't believe in such travels Labib and I don't believe one could go out their body and come back, at will.

Hypothetically, if it were possible that I could do it, then I will make arrangements before I leave. Arrangements like making sure the refrigerator is fully stocked for the family. No pending household chores. No pending bills for at least a month. Inform the boss at work. Stuff like that.

Then I will leave. Now, I don't know how far I could go. Next door neighbor's house? Out of the city? To the moon? Andromeda galaxy? Outer edges of the universe? Into a black-hole? I have no idea. I also have no idea regarding the speed at which I would be moving around. But I imagine I would be busy roaming like a loafer for at least a month.

Coming back to this crappy world would no doubt be a pain in the butt. I will double check to see if my family needs me or not before deciding to come back. If they don't, it's hasta la vista baby.
Why dont you try it , Bon Voyage ! LOL
Gd nite folks, I m off to sleep and ...may be ...unconscious astral travel LOL  wish it were possible to recollect !

*dewdrop~pearl*

*dewdrop~pearl*

IF-Rockerz

*dewdrop~pearl*

Posted: 12 August 2010 at 4:00pm | IP Logged

Consciousness is not someone's personal property. We don't have it, it has us. Meaning, consciousness is conscious of us and not the other way round.

That is why even when someone dies or something gets destroyed, that event is still in memory because consciousness is conscious of it. Where as the person who died or the thing that got destroyed never "had" consciousness to begin with, that he/she/it could "take" that consciousness with them when they are no more.

Consciousness was conscious of the billions of stars that came before us. Consciousness was conscious of the billions of events that took place before us. Consciousness is conscious of the microscopic and the macroscopic.

I am not conscious of what happens in your life and you are not conscious of what happens in my life. Our collective consciousness is conscious of what happens in both our lives. That collective consciousness is also conscious of everything else in this universe. That collective consciousness doesn't belong to any one subject/object.

I would be curious to know what has been demonstrated to you (and if you were charged for that "experience")

Consciousness is also used interchangably with 'soul' at times. And while in your body, it does become your personal property atleast as long as it stays with you Wink. When you are asleep or under the influence of anastesia etc., your consciousness is not in line with your body. But this doesnt happen voluntarily. However, there are people who can voluntarily take their consciousness outside their body through meditation, like how someone described in this forum. They can travel outside the body and be present at various places they desire, especially places where physically they might have constraints.

I am sure all of us have heard about Maharishis and Munis who used to go into forests and meditate there and never come back, and those people were considered to have the ultimate knowledge about everything. Initially when I was small I used to think how can someone who sits with their eyes closed inside a forest have any worldly knowledge, as to have worldly knowledge you have to interact in the world right, so these things used to really confuse me. But now I understand what they do. They meditate in the forest and take their consciousness outside body which enables them to understand everything thats going on.

Regarding the experience I had, I met a guy who used to meditate regularly and after years of sincere meditation got this power to take his consciousness outside his body. He has some other abilities like being able to see aura of people, being able to sense energy, etc. He conducts free meditation classes also. So when I had spoken to him long back, he used to tell me about all this. He told me initially he was surprised that he could do this. He said initially he was able to expand his consciousness slightly, like sitting inside his room he was able to read the number plates of the cars parked outside his house. Then when he would go and check outside, he realised he was absolutely right! So similarly he continued with the process and is now able to do wonders with it.

Similar experiences aroused my curiousity and interests in spirituality and related things. Before I met this guy I never even used to believe in reincarnation. For me reincarnation, punar janam everything were just 'filmy' concepts. But today I believe in all that and am always curious and interested to learn more about these things.

Edited by *dewdrop~pearl* - 12 August 2010 at 4:05pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Pallavi--allizwell-Summer3

*dewdrop~pearl*

IF-Rockerz

*dewdrop~pearl*

Posted: 12 August 2010 at 4:14pm | IP Logged

^^ Do you meditate Angie?
I had started but had to leave it due to some other things that took priority. I could be wrong in setting my priorities though ! Besides it needs a disciplined approach and some determination to stick to a routine at least till one attains some degree of success in it when it starts getting natural and effortless. I keep planning to get back to it after finishing my task at hand but the list never seems to end ! The moment one gets over something else comes to take its place.  But i know several ppl who are doing it regularly and they keep reminding me to set my priorities right and get back . I do intend to get back , but dont know when Ouch

Hey angie.4u, thanks a lot for those meditation videos Smile. Havent been able to go through all, but the titles seem quite interesting and I would love to view them peacefully.

Even I have tried meditation a couple of times, but even my main problem was the same. First of all I feel lazy to take out time inbetween lot of things and secondly, I find it very hard to concentrate Ouch. Whenever I try to, I always land up thinking about all wierd things that am not supposed to while meditating! So what kind of meditation you used to do?

Edited by *dewdrop~pearl* - 13 August 2010 at 2:07am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Pallavi--allizwell-

Mister.K.

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 12 August 2010 at 6:22pm | IP Logged

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 12 August 2010 at 8:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *dewdrop~pearl*

^^ Do you meditate Angie?
I had started but had to leave it due to some other things that took priority. I could be wrong in setting my priorities though ! Besides it needs a disciplined approach and some determination to stick to a routine at least till one attains some degree of success in it when it starts getting natural and effortless. I keep planning to get back to it after finishing my task at hand but the list never seems to end ! The moment one gets over something else comes to take its place.  But i know several ppl who are doing it regularly and they keep reminding me to set my priorities right and get back . I do intend to get back , but dont know when Ouch

Hey angie.4u, thanks a lot for those meditation videos Smile. Havent been able to go through all, but the titles seem quite interesting and I would love to view them peacefully.

Even I have tried meditation a couple of times, but even my main problem was the same. First of all I feel lazy to take out time inbetween lot of things and secondly, I find it very had to concentrate Ouch. Whenever I try to, I always land up thinking about all wierd things that am not supposed to while meditating! So what kind of meditation you used to do?

Do not worry too much about the mind as after a while (or some years) it will come to rest of itself.
I had the same problems too earlier but my mind is much calmer now. sometimes when I think of the peace and beauty it feels great and slowly but surely I lapse into oblivion; I must learn to keep awake.LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

*dewdrop~pearl*-allizwell-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top