Debate Mansion

Taking Your Consciousness Outside Your Body (Page 31)

Post Reply New Post

Page 31 of 31

Page 1 Page 30
Page   of 31

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 25 August 2010 at 11:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

venter and his team digitizing the genetic code for the new species on computers, then assembling the nucleotides using four bottles of chemicals into sections of DNA. The DNA sections were assembled in yeast cells to form a synthetic chromosome, which was then transferred to a related species of bacteria, M. capricolum and created the new species -- dubbed Mycoplasma mycoides JCVI-syn1.0 --which  is similar to one found in nature, except that the chromosome that controls each cell was created from scratch.
Not belittling the achievement at all but it wasnt really from scratch if you consider that a lot of intentional designing went into it. Human intelligence on the basis of prior knowledge that it had gained till that point of time along with the technological advance  gave rise to that DNA ! what made the first DNA on earth in absence of all that !? A random set of events !!!?

But then based on that definition Angie, nothing could be cooked from scratch due to prior knowledge requirement. I think random course of nature created DNA in the first place. Although I have to think deeper on other facets. I've been away, but when I have time I hope to gather my thoughts and questions on how lifeless particles formed life and where consciousness as we know it comes from.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vishmewell

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Taking Your Consciousness Outside Your Body (Page 31)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Mister.K.

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 25 August 2010 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Mister.K.

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 25 August 2010 at 8:43pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

my_view

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 12 December 2010 at 11:25pm | IP Logged
Hmm looks like our Mr. K  has truly taken his spirit out of the BOdy.

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 12 December 2010 at 11:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mister.K.

^^The odds of a DNA appearing out of the blue are astronomical.

In any case, let's narrow down the possibilities. The possibilities are that we could have living, non-living and something in between. And that is exactly what we have. We have living (example: humans, animals and plants), non-living (example: rocks) and something in between (viruses).

The "law" seems straight forward. Start with void (or be void at all times). Now, is it possible for something to appear in void? It appears so. After that point, (for some strange reason) dualism took over. Particle, anti-particle. Attraction, repulsion. Living, non-living. Everything we know lies on that scale. Some are polar opposites while some are just shades in between the polar opposites.

Interesting point.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top