Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: Gauri_3

I read somewhere that this is why one should not have a mirror right in front of their bed๐Ÿ˜†  The article said that when we are in our deepest sleep, our "soul" leaves our body and gets out for some time.  If the soul sees it's reflection in the mirror, it will be super-scared๐Ÿ˜†

Needless to say, I have a big framed mirror right in front of my bed in both master bedrooms and one in the guest bedroom too. 

Why in master bedrooms - because I do not believe in the BS in that article.

Why in the guest bedroom - because if it indeed is true, wouldn't it be fun messing with those unwanted guests' souls for landing at my place when it suits them - not when it would suit me๐Ÿ˜†

I had come across that part about the mirror , in some book, but the reason was not stated.  Not sure why its considered bad , but i suppose one might get scared by seeing ones reflection in the dim light if one suddenly wakes up in the middle of the night .๐Ÿ˜†
Originally posted by: angie.4u

I had come across that part about the mirror , in some book, but the reason was not stated.  Not sure why its considered bad , but i suppose one might get scared by seeing ones reflection in the dim light if one suddenly wakes up in the middle of the night .๐Ÿ˜†

Ahhh no worries there.  Who would be scared of their gorgeous self staring back at them - not me for sure.  Can't say that for my soul though - if you ask some members here, I am supposed to be vile and vicious from inside๐Ÿ˜†
_Angie_ thumbnail

Ahhh no worries there.  Who would be scared of their gorgeous self staring back at them - not me for sure.  Can't say that for my soul though - if you ask some members here, I am supposed to be vile and vicious from inside๐Ÿ˜†

Would you be able to see your gorgeous self reflected in the mirror at night ? or do you sleep with the lights on !

Would you be able to see your gorgeous self reflected in the mirror at night ? or do you sleep with the lights on !

I keep my bedroom pitch black in the night.  Not even the glare of any electronics like dvr light or digital clock.  When ever I wake up duriong the night, which is quite rare as I am a sound sleeper ONCE I fall asleep, I could barely make out the shapes of the furniture - that's it.
_Angie_ thumbnail

I keep my bedroom pitch black in the night.  Not even the glare of any electronics like dvr light or digital clock.  When ever I wake up duriong the night, which is quite rare as I am a sound sleeper ONCE I fall asleep, I could barely make out the shapes of the furniture - that's it.

Then mirror or no mirror shoudnt matter ๐Ÿ˜† There must be some other reason for the mirror not to be there !

Then mirror or no mirror shoudnt matter ๐Ÿ˜† There must be some other reason for the mirror not to be there !

Precisely.  However, if the soul theory has any merit then I do expect my soul to see clearly in pitch black darkness๐Ÿ˜†  In that case, it will matter๐Ÿ˜†
Roadrunnerz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I see a lot of interest  generated on DM regarding meditation and related topics ๐Ÿ˜ƒ For those interested , I m posting the following series of video clippings that explain the basics of meditation and some experiences related to it. Describing the experience to someone who has no experience at all would be like trying to describe the fragrance of a jasmine or a rose to someone who has never smelled one ! Words are quite ineffective. But I hope the videos will convey quite a fair idea of what meditation is all about. Just posting the clipping on the astral projection part wouldnt have conveyed it properly so I ve included the procedure of meditation, energy body, third eye vision, astral body, birth and death too along with it. The word consciousness here, refers to individual consciousness or soul as we know it and not the universal or collective consciousness as expressed in some other threads.

So here goes
Video clip No. 1 
Regarding basic breathing technique during meditation
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG4UmQNvimE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

thanks for sharing . The series of videos were quite informative. ๐Ÿ˜Š
If you succeed, even once, in taking "consciousness" outside the body via meditation, why bother coming back into the body again?
_Angie_ thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mister.K.

If you succeed, even once, in taking "consciousness" outside the body via meditation, why bother coming back into the body again?

If you deliberately dont get back , it would constitute suicide , and thats considered to be a sin .It is said that if the silver cord somehow breaks off during astral travel then you may not be able to enter back into your body.  
^^ Do people willingly come back into their bodies or is it inevitable? Is it possible to remain conscious while staying out of the body for a considerable amount of time?