CID

CID Re-Run (Discussions & Videos) - IV (Page 145)

Post Reply New Post

Page 145 of 148

Bhavanab

Coolbie

Bhavanab

Posted: 11 September 2010 at 9:12am | IP Logged
Look what matters to me now is that,I prefer Abhijeet not regaining back his memory as of now !!! I mean there I don't want him to fall into the dilemma of handling his Past and Present !! Though I'd like to see an episode based on him coming across his criminals incidentally though and they should be given punishment for what they did !!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "CID Re-Run (Discussions & Videos) - IV (Page 145)" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Chiinnu

IF-Sizzlerz

Chiinnu

Posted: 11 September 2010 at 9:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Bhavanab

@chinnu regarding the Spitting Cobra thing here's something I found,for immediate remedy :-

Pre-hospital care offers victims of spitting cobra venom a better chance
of maintaining their eyesight if the venom hits them in the eyes. It
also helps lessen the chances of an allergic reaction to the venom. Use
cold clean water or another safe liquid to flush the venom from the
eyes. A topical cleanser should be used to clean any skin that has come
into contact with the spitting cobra venom. Ibuprofen or a topical
anti-inflammatory spray can be used to reduce

Now coming to the memory loss thing,since I'm also a student of psychology and according to what I studied and searched online its not that a person who's ,lost his/her memory can never regain it back !! Usually they need to go for certain therapies and treatments to regain their lost memory and this treatment last for quite some time .
But some times though very rarely it does happen that incidentally some people start remembering certain incidents of their life slowly all by themselves !!! but this has very less chances !!

I read such books rare, but once i read 'interpretation of dreams' by sigmund freud. According to him , he can cure patiens with mental problem and with amnesia by studying their dreams. Not sure it is posdible or not.

Chiinnu

IF-Sizzlerz

Chiinnu

Posted: 11 September 2010 at 9:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Bhavanab

Look what matters to me now is that,I prefer Abhijeet not regaining back his memory as of now !!! I mean there I don't want him to fall into the dilemma of handling his Past and Present !! Though I'd like to see an episode based on him coming across his criminals incidentally though and they should be given punishment for what they did !!
neither I do.
Just asking for a scientific reply.

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 11 September 2010 at 9:21am | IP Logged
Sigmund Freud places things from a very biased POV, from his theory of Id, Ego, and Superego. So, IDK how credible his book is, even though it's quite plausible. Anyways, sorry for going off-topic.

dr.fahmi

Goldie

dr.fahmi

Posted: 11 September 2010 at 9:23am | IP Logged
i will continue with what demon has said. memory loss can be temporary or permanent. temporary memory loss last for few days to weeks, permanent memory loss is again of 2 types. in first type person can not remember his past(before accident), as in abhijeets case, or reterograde in which person is unable to remember any thing post-accident. its off-topic point but i guess most of u know that GHAJNI-the mivie Diagnosis was anterograde amnesia, but in fact it was both. In science miracles do happen, so no one can say if abhijeet can recall his past or not.

just for ur interest, wanted to share some facts about memory loss. As demon has said brain has a complex structure. some areas of brain are concerned with specific type of memory. lesion of one area can result in loss of recognizing faces, such patients identify the person with his/her voice. another site lesion can result in loss of recalling names, patient can recognize the person next to him but can never recall his name.

Edited by dr.fahmi - 11 September 2010 at 9:25am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DemonStardebayon

DemonStar

Coolbie

DemonStar

Posted: 11 September 2010 at 9:28am | IP Logged
See from what I know, long-term memory is mainly "stored" in the neural pathways in the hippocampus of the brain. In case of a short-term memory (something we just learn and quickly forget, like some random telephone number of a store or something), it's present temporarily in the frontal and parietal lobes and "erased" after that, but in case of long-term memory the information is actually processed by physical changes in the neurons of the brain. The structure is literally altered physically. And with injury, this structure is disturbed and therefore the memory is lost. It could come back, but a lot of it depends on the extent of the injury, appropriate therapy and even luck and chance. I think memory loss due to physical trauma could have a better chance of recovery than the ones due to a degenerative disorder like Alzheimer's disease, since the tissues themselves haven't been fully destroyed.

Please tell me if there are any inaccuracies in here. Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.fahmiChiinnu

Chiinnu

IF-Sizzlerz

Chiinnu

Posted: 11 September 2010 at 9:30am | IP Logged
@debayon, sigmunds books are a type. As he says all dreams are for satisfying our interests, in direct way or indirect way. Anyway the book was tough to read.

@fahmi...thnx for information. In cid they use amnesia each and every time. As far as i know, the case focus on this are

Stolen dynamite
Case of repressed memory
Case of amnesia patient
Case of the forgetful girl.
Kabarwali ladki

All these cases deals the same type. Permanent . In two cases, the patient get his memory back.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.fahmi

dr.fahmi

Goldie

dr.fahmi

Posted: 11 September 2010 at 9:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DemonStar

I think memory loss due to physical trauma could have a better chance of recovery than the ones due to a degenerative disorder like Alzheimer's disease, since the tissues themselves haven't been fully destroyed.

Please tell me if there are any inaccuracies in here. Smile
exactly rite dr.demonLOL so keep fingers crossed, abhijeet might recall his past somedayEmbarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DemonStar

Post Reply New Post

Go to top