India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

Live Chat - Rakshanda Khan

Starryskies Groupbie
Starryskies
Starryskies

Posted: 08 February 2005 at 5:05am | IP Logged

Transcript of LIVE CHAT with Tv actress, Rakshanda Khan at 1.30pm on Tuesday, February 8, 2005 in Mumbai  (India Times)

Rakshanda Khan
TV actress

"I don't get influenced easily at all. I am too strong headed for that"

Armaan_Suri> Who's your favorite character in Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi?
Rakshanda Khan> As far as acting is concerned I like them all but I feel maddy is really a fun character

Yuri> Out of the two roles, which one do you prefer being, the good one or the bad one?
Rakshanda Khan> Well the way I see it Mallika is not the bad one. She has her priorities straight so I don't think that that's bad after all, but I guess she can get quite bratty at times.

Armaan_Suri> How much of Mallika are you in real life?
Rakshanda Khan> Just the part that concerns the man she is in love with. Mallika is ready to do anything for the man she is in love with and so am I!!

Reema> Will Jassi ever get a make-over, I think all the viewers are waiting for that day. Her look is getting rather monotonous.
Rakshanda Khan> Well if Jassi gets a make-over, that doesn't really bother Mallika's life at all. If it happens, good for Jassi!

Tanu> Don't you think that nowadays there are too many serials of the same sort being made and a time will come when people will get sick of the same sort?
Rakshanda Khan> I think the kind of shows that are made today are based on TRP so if tomorrow if people stop watching these serials they will stop being made.

Rahul_From_Delhi> Hi Rakshanda, how are you?.Please tell us how charted out such a successful career in this hugely competitive industry?
Rakshanda Khan> Long story.I never intended to get into media it just happened that I got into modeling and then to comparing and then finally to acting.

Rahul_From_Delhi> You share a bitter relation with Jassi in the serial? How is your off screen relationship with her?
Rakshanda Khan> Absolutely the opposite of screen. We are the thickest of pals. Off screen, Jassi is much more mischieveious than on set. We have a blast together, infact all the characters share a fantastic relationship.

Uma> Out of Kyunki Saas and Jassi which serial do you enjoy working with most?
Rakshanda Khan> Jassi, because I have more friends on the show and I have been with Jassi for so many years, plus we have more chemistry on the sets.

Cool_Nikhil> Hi Rakshanda. Who is your favourite actor?
Rakshanda Khan> I am more character driven than actor driven, but I love Sean Penn.

Fiza> Any films in the pipeline?
Rakshanda Khan> No.

Dilly> Rakshanda inspite of you being in the glamour world, I feel you are a very warm, friendly, simple and a down to earth person. There is a kind of softness and simplicity about you. I love your on-screen presence, the way you speak and above all I love your million dollar smile. My question to you is how do your fans contact you? Do you have a mailing address? Please send do give it to me.
Rakshanda Khan> You can contact me at Indiatimes Chat

Dazzal> Hi Rakshanda, being a woman myself I admire your beauty both internally as well as externally, I love your screen presence, the way you speak, dress, your confidence, it's simply amazing. How do you stay the way you are?
Rakshanda Khan> My parents for being beautiful. Thank you. I am completely embarrassed and red.

Divyakar> Are you planning to tie the knot as many of your costars have in the recent past?
Rakshanda Khan> That's a good question!! By far the most common question in my life and I am pro marriage and would love to be married, but there is a time and place for everything.

Afra> Hi Rakshanda. Do you like to play Tany's role in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and how is your experience with the hot couple Gauri and Hiten?
Rakshanda Khan> I did not know either of them before, now that I know them they are a lot of fun to be with, all wonderful people and we have a blast together.

Rahul_From_Delhi> What is going to happen next in Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi? Are you going to lose Armaan because of Jassi?
Rakshanda Khan> Well I am not really sure. Who do you think Armaan should get?. Why don't you tell me.

Rahul_From_Delhi> Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
Rakshanda Khan> I am fairly short sighted which is why I have never planned for anything. I am happy with what I'm doing.

Welcome_222222> Hi Rakshanda, who is your favourite co-star?.
Rakshanda Khan> Well, I generally enjoy doing scenes with all of them. There are some great scenes with Hiten and some really intense ones with Armaan as he is really focused.

Rahul_From_Delhi> If I say that Armaan deserves neither you nor Jassi. Will the script of Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi be changed according to my suggestion?
Rakshanda Khan> No.

Welcome_222222> What is your dream role?
Rakshanda Khan> > There is no dream role as such, but later I would love to do a nice action serial or portray some super hero.

Rahul_From_Delhi> Do you think that serials such as Kyonki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi actually justify the character of a woman?.
Rakshanda Khan> The way I see it, they are larger than life yes but on a smaller scale, there is a little bit of everyone in each of us.

Rahul_From_Delhi> What made the director change the character of Armaan from a hero to a villian in Jassi?
Rakshanda Khan> That is something that I cannot answer.

Raman> Who has been the most influential person in your life?
Rakshanda Khan> I don't get influenced easily at all. I am too strong headed for that.

Cool_Nikhil> Whom do you prefer : Saas or Bahu?
Rakshanda Khan> Right now I am neither, so until I get to experience either of them I really would'nt know.

Armaan_Suri> Do you really detest the character Jassi?
Rakshanda Khan> No, not as character or as a person, I think in both ways she is very adorable. I am paid not to like her!

Welcome_222222> What are your future plans?
Rakshanda Khan> Like I said, I go with the flow.

Rahul_From_Delhi> Who was your first real life crush? and who is your favourite TV serial actor?
Rakshanda Khan> Imran khan and I have never out grown it.

Rumi> Any other serial you have been approached for?
Rakshanda Khan> There are always offers but if the role has no backbone, sorry!

Yusuf> Have you thought of joining the movies and if you had to play one role what would it be?
Rakshanda Khan> I am happy watching movies.

Raman> Is there any Rakshanda Khan's fan association in Kolkata?
Rakshanda Khan> No, but if you like you are more than welcome to form one.

Delite> Rakshanda I admire your internal as well as external beauty and of course your great comparing skills. Did you do any course in comparing? What were your subjects in college and when is your birthday?.
Rakshanda Khan> In school, I was really very quiet though in college I started opening up to make up for a lot of lost time.

Rahul_From_Delhi> If you were asked to enact Jassi instead of Mona Singh, would you be willing to do it and do you think you would do a good job?
Rakshanda Khan> I am not sure, but I would love to play her character because it's so earnest and sweet though I don't think I would do a better job.

Afra> What will happen to your character in Kyunki after and before the years leap and do you like to play old character?.
Rakshanda Khan> I have only chosen characters on the basis of the significance to the story. If my character has significance then why not?

Haloo> What advice would you give for aspirants who want to join this industry ?
Rakshanda Khan> Just be focused on your work by putting in the right amount of effort and the rest will follow.

Welcome_222222> How did you get the role of Mallika?
Rakshanda Khan> Nafisa Joseph was supposed to play her part but at that point I met some people who offered me the role of Mallika and I loved it. We all have shades of grey which is but human and that is what attracted me to the role.

Armaan_Suri> Which social causes do you most relate to?
Rakshanda Khan> I believe in education for children. I love kids and it's very important for us to strengthen them because they are our present and they will further strengthen the future.

Delite> Which has been the most memorable day of your life?
Rakshanda Khan> Right now, one of the most memorable moments was when I won my first award. As I wasn't a trained actor and I was still voted by the people!!. So that made me really happy.

Sign Off Message > Life is not about the number of breaths you take , but the moments that take your breath away! . So make sure you make someone else's life beautiful too.

queenbee Goldie
queenbee
queenbee

Posted: 08 February 2005 at 5:21am | IP Logged
Thanx Starryskies!!

Rakshanda ... way to go... you're doing an excellent job as Mallika ... no one can do it better than YOU!!!! Thumbs Up
dreamymoon Groupbie
dreamymoon
dreamymoon

Posted: 08 February 2005 at 6:57am | IP Logged
great thankx....starryskies! nice to know more about rakshanda. I've always been a great fan of her since then ,when she used to anchor "Top of the tops" on Zee cinema. I also agree with queenbee...ya! none could heve portrayed Mallika's character better than Rakshanda....she is the perfect match for the role.
rouble Senior Member
rouble
rouble

Posted: 08 February 2005 at 8:51am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing starryskies!
jprasad IF-Rockerz
jprasad
jprasad

Posted: 08 February 2005 at 9:31am | IP Logged
Thanks for posting the transcript

Rahul_From_Delhi> If I say that Armaan deserves neither you
nor Jassi. Will the script of Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi be changed
according to my suggestion?
Rakshanda Khan> No.

....that was funny! So folks face it Armaan and Jassi are gonna
get married!
Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 08 February 2005 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
LOL jprasad!! Thanks.I think Rakshanda is a lovely girl.
fairy_tale Senior Member
fairy_tale
fairy_tale

Posted: 09 February 2005 at 12:02am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing, i like her shes cute
fairy_tale Senior Member
fairy_tale
fairy_tale

Posted: 09 February 2005 at 12:03am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing, i like her shes cute
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top