India-Forums

Tumhari Disha
Tumhari Disha

DK and the question of years!

disha77 Groupbie
disha77
disha77

Posted: 08 February 2005 at 4:33am | IP Logged

Okeee Guys, We get back to the subject of DK's Age once again!

Either the writers have gone crazy or the dubbing is really poor!

In one of the previous episodes, it was mentioned that Sumitra Sehgal has been in the Hospital for the past 15 years, I remember this distinctly enough, the Doctor tells this to Disha, and now yesterday, DK says that he has been waiting for his Mothe to recover for the past 12 years. In the episode aired on 3rd Feb, I remember DK telling Disha that he will tell her the story of his Life for the past 15 years.........

So either the writers have got the years jumbled or maybe the dubbing is incorrect and hence the confusion b/w 12 and 15!

Ideally, the number of years between Dushyant's accident & DK's presnet, should be as Lilly has mentioned, 20 years and above! Because by the look of it, young Dushyant doesn't look more than 10 - 12 years old and if according to the writers the number of years elapsed is just 12 or 15, then does that mean DK is only 22 or 25 years old...........that's virtually impossible! DK cannot be under any circumstances be less than 30 years ( I think I have already posted my reasoning for this in an earlier post!)

And the question of Vedant not being on the scene, after viewing yesterday's episode, I am now of the opinion that Vedant cannot be DK's real brother, as Sumitra is shown slipping into amenisia soon after Dushyant's accident......but we also know for sure that Vedant is DK's brother, so he gotta be Gargi's son, that makes him DK's half-brother!

Love to hear your views on the above post!

Cheers,

Disha

sree IF-Rockerz
sree
sree

Posted: 08 February 2005 at 5:26am | IP Logged
ya, disha i always felt Vedant was DK's half brother and Gargi's son. But when i saw posts that he is sumitra's son, i just thought i was wrong. Now it seems to  be clear that Sumitra did not have a second child at all. But if Vedant is Gargi's son, how is he so good? Or is there a twist? Is he notorious like his mother? But he does not seem so. I dont want the story to go that way, as I like him.
aasmaan Senior Member
aasmaan
aasmaan

Posted: 08 February 2005 at 9:41am | IP Logged

Disha,

Since you know Ashish why don't you ask him to clarify .. thif is so confusing

dazzling Newbie
dazzling
dazzling

Posted: 08 February 2005 at 10:53am | IP Logged
Disha as you have mentioned the writer has got confused with yrs and he is making us confused. Or they might have though Huh these viewers will not notice all these things. Too bad for them. As IFVJ has mentioned can you ask Ashish to clarify this one. It is so annoying.
dkaddict Senior Member
dkaddict
dkaddict

Posted: 08 February 2005 at 11:28am | IP Logged

Yeah, usually when there are such discrepencies, I just blow it off- it never gets resolved! I learned that watching ST:TNG back in High school- the debate never dies. Usually, it is not crucial to the main story line, just annoying. As for Vedant's parentage- do you really think Gargi could be a mother to anyone? I don't see her tolerating children. It is always possible there was a third woman, or even more, in Dhruv Seghal's life, esp. after Sumitra went nuts. Don't put anything past the writers of serials.... Angry  However they explain things, it is bound to be pretty cheesy.

-DKaddict

jingle IF-Rockerz
jingle
jingle

Posted: 08 February 2005 at 11:29am | IP Logged

do you people remember disha once told dk that dev was with for the past 20yrs , but in the episode of his childhod  dev was not shown so mostly he entered his life after his accident . so what is his age ? But from yesterday's episode it appears that he younger to gauthum who is 25yrs!.

Regading VEDANTH ,Once again when Gargi caled her mystry man whom she reffered as her trump card,she adressed him as honey ,darling (whatever it is )same tone was there from the mystry man. But later when they showed faizi's face and gargi's interaction with him, the same tone had disappeared and she was authoritative, bossing towards him.so mostly he is not the man with whom she spoke over the phone .WELL Gargi  mentions that she loves DK more then her own son,THEN WHO IS HER OWN SON AND WHERE IS HE?

REGARDING Vedanth's good behaviour, he might be having like that with some motive behind it.

sree IF-Rockerz
sree
sree

Posted: 08 February 2005 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
ya, jingle i agree with you.
dazzling Newbie
dazzling
dazzling

Posted: 09 February 2005 at 6:54am | IP Logged
Oh noooooooooo I really really dont want Vedanth to be a baddie. I want someone as bridge b/w Disha and our hero. I always had pinned my hopes on Vedanth. Actually in some website I read abt him that he is a positive character and will be Disha's much needed support (something like that) .

Go to top