Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: kvva

Just want to add to your point. Marriage is a big thing. When you go through it you experience a totally different kind of feelings. That too if it is with a person you respect, those rituals do something to you. definitely. I still can't forget the way she looked at Sid when she was dropping that rice or something into the fire (during the marriage). ..Definately with Marriage there is sense of something beyond anything else, like you says its different kind of feelings, and your being

Ridz is a wife today and that is something altogether different feeling then not being married

I think the different kind of feelings you have knowing you are married, and are a husband and wife, and unit - a union, a identity as well, its such another level of feelings altogether and with SR its their bond that is what makes them what they are as well today and always have been

Fatima,

Again I loved your post. It is exactly the guilt trip that she is acting under.  Just would like add another point to your post also. I am also liking the way she is trying to balance her duty (exactly this is how I think she feels because of her guilt) towards Arman and her (new found) relation with her husband.

supercool3 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Wonderful post

I also agree with Lennie here. Riddhima will always love Armaan and he'll be part of her. But the love she holds for him today is not what she held before. She's Sid's Riddhima. One that was reborn again after the whole marriage fiasco. Basket's long gone and it's impossible to turn back right now and even she knows that.

She does care for Armaan because at one point he was all she wanted. So if he's not happy, she can't really continue to move on with her life. 

When Armaan said Riddhima Modi, it obviously did pierce her. In other words, he was making her feel even more guilty for leaving him. She may feel bad that she wasn't able to be with him, but just like you mentioned, all she pines for right now is her husband's love -- the Siddhant Modi she lives for, breathes through, and wants to spend the rest of her life with. This is the Riddhima today.  

I want to clap for you. 👏

I had always wondered why Riddhima was hesitant, why she would not in plain words convey to Armaan her feelings toward Sid, and why she cannot satisfyingly move forward when she wants to. It makes sense now to know that she's guilty, guilty of falling for Siddhanth. It may not be love, it may be something beyond that and she holds herself accountable for that. Riddhima has not fallen for Sid just recently, but it was back during their contract honeymoon she realized that her heart does silently beat for Siddhanth. She had thought that she would never garner  sentiments for any other man, especially Sid, but she did and the worst part was she couldn't cease from doing that.

I think every time that Riddhima has made conscious efforts of moving forward, the guilt has been a blockade for her. I cannot forget Pune...ever. 😆 She was ready, she wanted Sid, there was something she couldn't deny, but then what does she see? Armaan. From there on began the guilt trip of hers because she knows Armaan dearly loves her, she has sweet memories of his, but she cannot stop from forming whatever eerie feelings for Sid. All the time she didn't want to leave Armaan who literally fought from death to come back to her, but she had evolved so much thru the marriage, thru Sid's presence that she could not make herself go back in time. She didn't want to.

The only way for the guilt to slowly disappear is if Armaan lets her know that he will like her move forward and not yearn for 2007. Lol. She cannot and doesn't want to give what he desires and it pains her to see him the way he is, but it's more painful to know that she is helpless.

Riddhima is so complicated, it's almost beautiful. 😆 

Edited by zainab25 - 13 years ago
kvva thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: zainab25

I want to clap for you. 👏

I had always wondered why Riddhima was hesitant, why she would not in plain words covey to Armaan her feelings toward Sid, and why she cannot satisfyingly move forward when she wants to. It makes sense now to know that she's guilty, guilty of falling for Siddhanth. It may not be love, it may be something beyond that and she holds herself accountable for that. Riddhima has not fallen for Sid just recently, but it was back during their contract honeymoon she realized that her heart does silently beat for Siddhanth. She had thought that she would never garner  sentiments for any other man, especially Sid, but she did and the worst part was that she couldn't cease from doing that.

I think every time that Riddhima has made conscious efforts of moving forward, the guilt has been a blockade for her. I cannot forget Pune...ever. 😆 She was ready, she wanted Sid, there was something she couldn't deny, but then what does she see? Armaan. From there on began the guilt trip of hers because she knows Armaan dearly loves her, she has sweet memories of his, but she cannot stop from forming whatever eerie feelings for Sid. All the time she didn't want to leave Armaan who literally fought from death to come back to her, but she had evolved so much thru the marriage, thru Sid's presence that she could not make herself go back in time. She didn't want to.

The only way for the guilt to slowly disappear is if Armaan lets her know that he will like her move forward and not yearn for 2007. Lol. She cannot and doesn't want to give what he desires and it pains her to see him the way he is, but it's more painful to know that she is helpless.

Riddhima is so complicated, it's almost beautiful. 😆 

This is just perfect. I also think the same. She was adamant in not accepting her changing feelings during their Honeymoon. She was resisting because she thought she will never be able to  accept another man.  This is perfect example of what a man/woman think they should do, but end up doing something else. She was resisting, finally let go of her resistance, wants to meet Sid and express her change of feelings (in Pune). On seeing Arman, her guilt returned to her.  Infact, I think because of these guilt feelings only,  she is unable to move ahead freely until the point  Arman has talked to her (prior to KC). When Arman tried to help her recognize her true feelings, she felt little releived of her guilt and could move ahead with what she actually wants (in a more free way).  I mean she never wanted to move away from Sid, but could not put that infront (of anybody) because of her guilt. 

Further, she did not want to get back these guilt feelings. So, she tried to un see the pain Arman is going through. It actually happened two times. The first time Sid openly made her aware of Arman's still existing feelings (when Arman tried reading a blank diary) and then she had to acknowledge.  The second time, during her birthday till she saw Arman physically hurt, she tried to unsee his pain. I don't agree with many others who say she has become suddenly aware of Arman's pain. She just did not want to see it, but was forced to do it finally as Arman was not settling.

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
That is so true. Like every time Sid gets close to her she seems scared. She is not scared because she doesn't like being intimate with him it's because she feels guilty. She never felt for anyone other than Armaan yet when Sid touches her she comes alive. She said in the scene where both of them wore white. She didn't understand how another guy could have such a strong effect on her. She wanted Sid to love her. Even if she doesn't love him yet she cherishes him. She knows he makes her happy. The only problem is Armaan is absolutely miserable and she feels responsible for it. She is stopping herself from being totally happy till Armaan gets over this misery.
kvva thumbnail
Originally posted by: Perfangel5655

That is so true. Like every time Sid gets close to her she seems scared. She is not scared because she doesn't like being intimate with him it's because she feels guilty. She never felt for anyone other than Armaan yet when Sid touches her she comes alive. She said in the scene where both of them wore white. She didn't understand how another guy could have such a strong effect on her. She wanted Sid to love her. Even if she doesn't love him yet she cherishes him. She knows he makes her happy. The only problem is Armaan is absolutely miserable and she feels responsible for it. She is stopping herself from being totally happy till Armaan gets over this misery.

Exactly. I second you. I mean she may not be exactly aware of her guilt feelings. But I think she is definitely acting under those influences. It is something big: some body, whom you cared more than your life some time back, is now suffering (infact is miserable with his life) soley because of your own other preferences.  It is a very difficult thing to digest for any normal human being.
Edited by kvva - 13 years ago
desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
lennie & fatima
thank you for sharing your lovely thoughts, you guys are good at analyzing w/o being partial

@kwa and Fatima. My thoughts are quite aligned with yours. There's really not much to add, but I still recall the scene of Riddhima clinging on to her father like a child pleading for aid because Siddhanth had taken the step to divorce her; quite devastating. I still hold my belief true that it was way before that Riddhima's inner thoughts had decided she was falling for Sidd which was unusual yet she couldn't cease to. Armaan is back, he loves her, she was in love with him, Siddhanth is to divorce her but who does she tell without feeling at fault that she doesn't want to let go of Sid, the thread they share, the bond or contract they are tied within? She tells her father that and when he assured her that he will not let her break, she sighed relief. It was so beautiful.

Then the scene where Armaan literally makes Riddhima recognize her feelings for Sid, even at the very end when he asks 'who makes you hurt when they leave...?' and she had tears in her eyes. Many believe that it was because she knew that Armaan was the one, except I think that there she again felt accountable for letting Armaan know that it was Sid all along she was moved by, thus she kept quiet. One way or another, it has always hit her that it was not right for her to love another man, even if it was her husband. Till today, someone or something makes her feel that way. She feels bad, but what can she do when her feelings cannot be held back?

Riddhima has almost all the time been aware of Armaan's state and most of the time she made efforts to not hurt him intentionally or unintentionally, and some of the times she got exhausted from the constant guilt trips that she chose to not see it.

At the end of it...she cannot do much because she has evolved, that simple.

Edited by zainab25 - 13 years ago
FairyTale-Naima thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Love this post & I have to Agree 😃
kvva thumbnail
Originally posted by: zainab25

@kwa and Fatima. My thoughts are quite aligned with yours. There's really not much to add, but I still recall the scene of Riddhima clinging on to her father like a child pleading for aid because Siddhanth had taken the step to divorce her; quite devastating. I still hold my belief true that it was way before that Riddhima's inner thoughts had decided she was falling for Sidd which was unusual yet she couldn't cease to. Armaan is back, he loves her, she was in love with him, Siddhanth is to divorce her but who does she tell without feeling at fault that she doesn't want to let go of Sid, the thread they share, the bond or contract they are tied within? She tells her father that and when he assured her that he will not let her break, she sighed relief. It was so beautiful.

Then the scene where Armaan literally makes Riddhima recognize her feelings for Sid, even at the very end when he asks 'who makes you hurt when they leave...?' and she had tears in her eyes. Many believe that it was because she knew that Armaan was the one, except I think that there she again felt accountable for letting Armaan know that it was Sid all along she was moved by, thus she kept quiet. One way or another, it has always hit her that it was not right for her to love another man, even if it was her husband. Till today, someone or something makes her feel that way. She feels bad, but what can she do when her feelings cannot be held back?

Riddhima has almost all the time been aware of Armaan's state and most of the time she made efforts to not hurt him intentionally or unintentionally, and some of the times she got exhausted from the constant guilt trips that she chose to not see it.

At the end of it...she cannot do much because she has evolved, that simple.

Yes we are really alligned. Can't help but highlight some of the points.