Debate Mansion

Why aren't there any girl composers? - Page 5

mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
This content was originally posted by: SolidSnake

That is pretty narrow definition of a "real song", IMO all song are "real songs". I personally enjoy all kind of songs/music, loud...slow..fast...chahe koi bhi type ho.

Now coming to the topic, maybe girls ke brain mein woh area jisme music compose hota hai chhota hota ho! 😆

yes, it doesnt need to cover so many interpretations of music lol .. I meant to ask if she made melodious tunes which wasnt too soft ortoo loud, not raucus but not feeble either.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
oh yeah, btw I enjoy all music too, but I feel the real worth of a composer lies in his or in this case, her "songs". no numbers.
This content was originally posted by: return_to_hades

OBJ: You should really watch Sarah Silverman's 'Jesus is Magic'. Kathy Griffin and Margaret Cho are really hilarious too. These three can get really raunchy too with no holds barred. Ellen, Wanda, Whoopi are more restrained. Margaret Cho has one really controversial joke on the Abu Gharib incident.

@Girls (and others)  who want to compose/be musicians. Looks like one of the biggest things required for composition is reading and writing sheet music. There are free tutorials online. But the basic books are pretty inexpensive and it is a good investment. But if you are just into music there are a ton of good music programs. Most new Macs come with Garage band installed. Otherwise you can always get a rip copy of premium packages from pirate bay. There are several sites that offer free loops, beats etc. One great way to promote yourself is record your digital tunes and create a MySpace and/or FB fan page for your musical work and invite all your friends. Who knows when and how you can get popular. There are tons of  people who actually play gigs etc after starting out on social networking like this.

It all depends what you want to do.  If you want to be a member of an orchestra, then reading music is important, if you want to be part of a band, no so much, most people in bands don't bother with reading/writing music, they just play it from the top of their heads.  It's good to know how to read and write, it makes it easier to convey yourself to musicians.

To be a composer, you need creativity more than anything, reading/writing music isn't essential, unless you wanna be a classical composer.  You can teach a person how to play an instrument, you can teach them how to read/write music, but you can't teach them creativity, you need that talent, then you can hone and develop that.  I have a friend who is a grade 10 pianist, she's amazing on the piano, but not very good at composing, it all depends.
chal_phek_mat thumbnail
Lata Mangeshkar was a very good as a Music Director/composer but then she decided to forego her career to let her brother have a shot
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Aigh't just to keep this more about music and composition - I moved the discussion on humor etc to this thread here - http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1455169