Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

swetha10 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
wonderful update...maanz really a sweetheart... do continue soon..plzz do pm me..Edited by swetha10 - 13 years ago
whitepearl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Hi Guys. Thanks for your lovely comments. Read and enjoy the latest update. Do tell me how do you like the continuation.

Here's the continuation........

Maan picked up the intercom and called Nakul. "Nakul Geet Madam ke liye breakfast le kar outhouse jao and add a glass of milk and some dry fruits..." He paused for a minute, ".......Come to my room, first"

"Yeh ladki pata nahin theek se breakfat bhi karti hai ya nahin", Maan took out a note slip and scribbled something on it.

Nakul , " Sir may I come in"

"Yes, give this to Miss Geet." Maan handed over a slip to Nakul.

"Yes Sir" said Nakul and left. Maan was already very late so he hurriedly got ready for the office.

Daadima went to the garden, watered the plants and then proceeded towards the kitchen. She saw Nakul coming out holding a tray.

"What's this Nakul, where are you going?...... Kya Maan ne room mein hi breakfast mangaya hai?"

"No Daadima, This is for Geet Madam. Maan sir ne Geet madam ke liye breakfast le gane ke liya kaha hai."

"Humm...... special assignment... toh yeh hai uska special assignment..... Maan hum bhi aapki daadi hai pataa to laga hi lenge ki apke dimaag mein chal kya raha hai."

Maan joined Daadi at the breakfast table.

"Arey  Maan, aap itna jaldi jaldi kyon kha rahe hai?"

"I am getting late Daadima..... today I have some very important projects to finalize..... I may not come for the lunch.... you take care of yourself."

Before Daadi could say anything Maan left for the office.

At the Outhouse, Geet was getting ready and talking to herself as usual.

"Geet jaldi kar... kal toh tu office nahin gay,  aaj to time se phahale hi pahuch jaa....... Waise bhi Maan sir tujhe apnin pareshani samajate hai."...... Dekh unse mat ulajhana......theek hai... good girl." Geet turned and rushed towards the kitchen. "Oh! bhook bhi lagi hai.... Jaldi se kuch kha leti hun......"

She saw Nakul coming....

"Arey Nakul aap yahaan...."

"Madam ,Maan sir ne breakfast bhijwaya hai." He kept the tray on the dinning table.

"Achacha hi Geet kuch babana nahin padega ........" she thought happily.

"Madam Maan sir ne ye note bhi diya hai." Nakul handed over the note to Geet.

"Theek hai tum jao." she took the slip surprisingly. "kya likha hoga..."

She opened the slip and read.

'Hope, aaj Hoshiyarpur express kal ki tarah delay nahin hogi....'

Geet shook her head in annoyance, " Ye lo, Ho gaye shuru subha subhah...... Mujhe taane mare bina to inka din hi nahin nikalata.....Breakfast bhijwaya toh bhi baate sunake....Bhala aise bi koi khana kilata hai........ Nahin kaana mujhe inka breakfast......" she annoyingly pushed the tray aside.

"........par geet tujhe to bahut bhook lag rahi hai."... the softer side of Geet tried to mellowed her down.

"Toh! kya hua......bhookhi mar jaayoungi par unka bheja hua khana nahin kayongi....." Her ego asserted back.

"Ek mauka bhi nahin chodete meri galti nikalane ka......Bilkul Dusht Danav...." she turned back angrily and was taken a back when she saw Maan standing right in front of her.

"Subah Subah kafi tareef ho rahi hai meri." Maan said in a sarcastic tone.

"Main toh sirf subah subah hi bolti hun, Aap to din bar mujhe daatne ka bahana doondhte rehate hai,.... raat ko sote waqt bhi yehi soch ke sote honge ki ab geet ki kaun si galati pakaro aur subah subah aakh kulte hi sochte honge ki aaj geet ko ki baat pe daato. " Geet hit back.

"Ya, how true... Khurana Construction ke MD ke paas aur koi kam toh hai nahin sivay din raat Miss Geet Handa ke bare mein sochne ke." Maam himself does not know whether he was being sarcastic or confessing.

"Dekha,... phir se aapne mujhe taana maara........ Aap hamesha Aise hi karate hai........" Geet pointed.

"Aur tum toh jaise hamesh mujh pe phool barsati ho... " Maan mocked.

"Jiski ego delhi ke kutub minar jaise oochi ho, us par kai phool kaise barsaye." Geet was not going to give up so easily.

"Aur tumhaara dimag toh Himalaya ki choti par baitha hai ab neeche to utar nahi sakta......" Maan cut the conversation in the middle, "... yeh doodh kyon nahin piya", looking at the table behind her.

"Mujhe doodh pasand nahin hai"

"Pasand Nahin? Maine toh suna tha ki Panjabi log doodh aur makhaan khane wale hote hain... tum kya nakli Panjabi ho?"

Geet was extremely bugged. She told to herself  ''Bas ab bahut ho gaya, kaise taane pe taane mare ga rahe hai... par main bhi har nahin maanogi', she turned around, picked up the glass of milk and finished it in one go.

"Leejiye ab toh prove ho gaya ki main asli Panjabi hu?" She spoke with her head held high.

Maan smiled victoriously and leaned very close to her face. Geet stepped back a little but could not move any further. She was trapped between Maan and the dining table. Maan was still leaning forward. Looking straight into her eyes he leaned furthermore till his lips were only few centimeters away from hers......He could sense her whole body trembling.

"Bilkul panjaban" He gave a victory smile then turned around coolly and walked away.

Geet now realized that this victory was not hers... it was his. He had once again tricked her into what he wanted her to do.  She was feeling completely stupid.

"Geet tu kabhi bhi inse nahin jeet payegi....pata nahin main inse ulajhati hi kyon hu."She murmured in frustration.

She walked down to the office and saw Maan engrossed in some work at his table. The staff has arrived.  She heard the phone ringing and picked up the phone. It was Pinky's. She informed her that she was not coming to the office. Geet informed Adi about Pinky. Geet was happy that now she can sit at Pinky's desk and thus can avoid Maan Sir as far as possible. Almost half a day went by and everybody was busy. Maan was busy finalizing  project's budget with Adi.

At the lunch time, Adi announced, "Listen everybody,  Khurana Construction has finalized two new projects, so to celebrate that we are getting a nice treat for lunch....... pizzas, pastries and ice-creams"

Everybody applauded. Sasha congratulated Maan and everybody was happy. Later when lunch was served, Geet took one pizza box up stairs and placed it on the kitchen counter. "Lo jee!......Ab Inka mangaya hua pizza khao....main nahin khaane wali..." She was just being stubborn. Looking at the Pizza she said, " Agar tu mujhe kahin aur mila hota to tujhe nahin chorati" ........."  Kya hai babaji!  mere sath hi aisa kyon hota hai.......mujhe har achachi cheez kyon chorani padati hai..... she grumbled and as the words came out of her mouth, instantly her family, her friend, her marriage, her land ......everything flashed in front of her eyes.....  every blessing, every joy and every smile that she once had and lost.  She looked around and whispered "Ek din yeh sab bhi choot jayega... aur Maan Sir bhi....." Her heart ached and tears filled her eyes.  One small tear drop escaped her deep brown eyes and rolled down. Geet immediately wiped it off with one hand and put another hand on her belly, as if talking to her unborn child....... "Bhale hi mujhse sab kuch china gaya par main tumhe nahin chinane dogi... kise ko bhi nahin..... tum mere ho sirf mere."

Geet opened the refrigerator, took out an apple and began to eat very slowly. She did not realize when Maan came and stand next to her.  He saw her eating an apple.

"Yeh kya tumne pizza nahin khaya?", He notice the pizza box which was still sealed.

"Nahin" She did not want to be rude but she was really sad.

"Dekho Geet! tumhe is haal main apna.........." He stopped himself and then corrected, "....woh! kal  tumhari tabiyat theek nahin thi... tumhe apne khane ka dhyan rakana chahiye...."

"Maine apple kha liya hai." Geet said slowly.

Maan was desperately trying to convince Geet. He picked up the pizza box, opened it and offered it to her.

" Geet one apple is not enough. ....tumne subah se khuch khas nahin khaya isiliye toh maine yeh lunch magvaya........."

Without thinking Geet replied back, "Toh! kisne kha tha aapko mere liye yeh lunch mangwane ke liye".

Maan was shocked at her rudeness. Geet also regretted as soon as she uttered those words.

Maan's expression changed from concern to hurt and anguish. He looked sternly at Geet and without taking his eyes off her; he thumped the lid of the pizza box and tossed it into the dustbin.

Geet realized that she had been unreasonably rude. "Sir... I am......."   But Maan did not listen to her and walked off.

Geet felt very sorry. She never wanted to be rude to Maan. But it all happed unintentionally.

"Kya ho gaya hai mujhe main kyon apna gussa un par uttar rahin hu....... pata nahin  mujhe kya pareshan karta hai....unka ka is tarah pass aana ya unka  door jaana, ...... Unka gussa ya  unka....." She stopped herself abruptly...  "Mat sooch Geet , mat sooch... aisa kuch mat sooch.....woh sirf ek chache boss kitarah behave kar rahe hai."

Maan came back to his table. He was fuming with anger. Vainly he tried to concentrate on his work.

"This girl is impossible...... Main iske liye itna sab kar raha houn aur iska mood hamesha kharab hi rahata hai..."  Maan was really hurt. All of a sudden he recollect " Oh! yes, Mood....... she is having mood swings... it was written in that article.... mood swings are common during pregnancy......Humm......Ab iska mood change karane ke liye kuch toh karana padega. He was a bit relaxed now.

Maan called Adi.

"Adi call Geet. She is in the kitchen upstairs"

Adi, "Hey.Hey... Sir apko kaise pata Geet kitchen main hai?"Even Shasha and Tasha looked back in surprise.

Maan realized what they are up to. He kept his cool and said sternly, "Adi you are forgetting that I am the boss of this office and I know what my employees do and what they do not." He gave a stern look at Shaaha and Taasha. They immediately turned around and went back to their respective places.

Adi called Geet.

"Geet tumhe Maan Sir ke saath naye project ke silsile main jaana hai... car bahaar hai tum chalo Maan Sir abhi aate hai" said Adi.

Geet just nodded in silence. Went out and quietly sat in the car.

After few minutes Maan opened the car door and sat at the driver's seat.

"Geet we are going to meet a new client."

"Yes, Sir"

"Did Adi brief you about this project?"

"No, Sir"

"Well! Dr. Manchanda wants to add a new block in his nursing home. It is a small project. You can easily handle it......without much strain on yourself."

"I can handle big projects also.... are you doubting my efficiency?"

"Geet! I didn't mean that....always remember one thing Geet, no project is big or small for Khurana Constructions. Every project is equally important. We have built this nursing home five years ago and now Dr. Manchanda wants to extend it and I think you are the right person to handle it........ You do not doubt my decisions...... or do you?"

"No, I don't" Geet answered slowly.

She thought to herself. ....."I trust you more than you can imagine and that's what scares me."

None of them exchanged any word thereafter. They both kept quite for the rest of the drive.

They reach at Manchanda Nursing Home. As they entered the reception area, a pretty receptionist smiled at Maan and welcomed him. "Dr. Manchanda is waiting for you in his cabin.... This way Sir." She directed them towards the right side of the corridor. But Maan chose the left direction and said, " We will go this way, we can have a look at the nursing home.... ". Maan gently pushed Geet towards left.  Geet was silently walking next to Maan. Then she heard a cry of a small baby; she looked at the direction of the sound. A nurse was cuddling a small baby wrapped in white cloth. Geet smiled at her and the  nurse smiled back. She looked around and startled. She then realized that they were walking through the mother and child care department. Pictures of young mothers and children were all over the walls. Some placards and advertisements were also displayed. Geet looked towards Maan who seemed unaffected by all this.  But it was not so, Maan had deliberately chosen to go that way. He had also heard the cry but consciously did not turn in that direction, though he was watching Geet's reaction from the corner of his eyes.

Geet's face was telling a thousand stories. She was confused, a little nervous, scared and amazed all at the same time. Her eyes became moist and her face turned red with pain. Every step was becoming difficult.  Her pace slowed down as she began to look more intently at the photographs. .......Slowly a faint smile appeared on her lips. Her hand innocently rest on her belly as if assuring her unborn baby and trying to feel it's presence inside her womb.

Maan was watching all this ..... He could feel what Geet was going through. He had also experienced the same while he was going through the websites last night. He wanted to hold her and comfort her, assure her and tell her that he is there but he decided not to say anything to her.

'Sorry Geet, I have to let you go through this alone. ... ... I am always there for you. We will tread this journey together but you need to take this first step alone. You have to face your fears.... you have to be to be strong........ just hold on to your guts, Geet.....hold on........ You can go through this, I know.'.... Maan silently prayed.

He walked ahead and let Geet have some time to contemplate her feelings. He stopped as he was about to enter doctor's cabin. He looked back, gazed at Geet for a minute and then called out softly, "Geet..." He beckoned her to come quickly.

Geet walked hastily and joined Maan. Intentionally she did not look towards Maan. Both entered the cabin together. Dr. Manchanda was elderly person with a very pleasant face. They exchanged greetings and Maan introduced Geet.

"Ms. Geet will be looking after this project and I can assure you that it up to your expectation."

"Oh! I am sure too! You know, I can judge a person by his looks and I know she'll do justice to this project." Dr. Manchanda seemed to be quite a cheerful person. Maan looked down and smiled as if to say ' I know it doc.

"She can meet the HOD, Dr. Sneha. She'll give you all the necessary information. You can go through it." said Dr. Manchanda.

"Sir which department it would be?" Geet softly asked.

"Children's ward and a nursery", Dr. Manchanda replied. "I'll call Dr. Sneha she'll explain it to you."

Geet who was trying to keep her composure so far, was stunned. She could not believe her ears. Maan became cautious in his heart. He was constantly observing her.

Geet was getting nervous. "Apne par kaabo rakh Geet... Yeh to ek din hona hi hai" She tried to calm herself. But the more she was trying, the more she was getting restless. Her hands began to tremble. She held her fingers tightly in her lap under the table so that Maan or Dr. Manchanda won't notice it. Maan saw her struggling helplessly. He slowly put his hand on her trembling hands. Geet was shocked. She looked towards Maan who was still looking at Dr. Manchanda. He has never done such a thing before. Her hand trembled more beneath his. Maan felt the trembling of her ice cold fingers. He pressed her hands harder. The supple skin became absolutely red under the pressure his firm grip. Geet's heart skipped a beat and she became extremely conscious of his touch. Gradually, her soft fingers began to thaw with the warmth of his hands. Geet once again looked at Maan, he was still talking to Dr. Manchanda.

Dr. Manchanda's mobile rang. He picked up the phone, saw the phone number and got up from his chair.

"Excuse me.....Mr. Maan I 'll just come"

After Dr. Manchanda left, Maan turned towards Geet, still holding her hand, said, "Don't worry Geet, You will be able to handle this.... project."

"I don't know... I am so confused....pahale toh main kisi kaam se nahin dari.. par ab.....I do know how I'll handle this project.... I think I can't....." Geet was anxiously hesitant.

Maan to himself, 'I can't let her sink .......I have to take her out of this self-pity mode.....I have to think quickly...."

Maan released her hand and teased her, "Ok , If you think you are not competent enough to handle it, I'll give this project to Shaha, she will manage...You can again go back to maintaining file and all that. You are fit for that only......." Maan hit at her ego. He knew that he has to revive her spirit to fight back.

And it worked. It shook Geet to the core. She inhaled a deep breath, looked back at Maan and replied in a much confident voice, "I am competent enough. Just that I am a bit nervous do not think I got scared and this time I'll prove it to you."

Brave and daring Geet was back again.

Maan smiled and thought "Seedhi ladki, terah dimaag. ......Ise koi  bhi baat hamesha ulte tareeke se hi samajh aati hai."

Just then Dr. Manchanda entered with Dr. Sneha.

"Mr. Maan, She is Dr. Sneha. She will be the coordinating with you on this project."

They all sat together and discuss the project in detail.

"Come on Geet, I'll show you the resource room." Dr. Sneha addressed Geet.

The resource room was neatly arranged with lots of journals and books.

"Geet you can take these books ... it will help you to understand the requirements for the Children's ward.....if you have any query, please feel free to ask anytime, I'll be available on the phone."

Dr. Sneha gave her mobile number and left for the OPD.

Geet carefully selected few books and journals. She was going though the row of books  reading the titles .... suddenly her hands stopped at book . It was titled 'A Journey to Motherhood.' Geet took it out and turned the first page.....

"Geet!" She heard Maan's voice. She turned around and saw Maan was standing near the door.

"Geet! have you finished?"

Geet carefully bunched up the book together with other books and journals and answered, "Yes Sir, I am done."

"Come we have to go now." said Maan.

They drove back in silence. It had been a long day for Geet both emotional and physically. She rested her head on the back of the seat and closed her eyes. Maan also did not disturb her.

It was 7'O clock when reached office after an hour's drive. Thanks to Delhi traffic. Adi and some of the staff were still waiting for them.

"Good evening Sir!......."

"Good evening Adi...come we have to discuss some matter and tell other staff they can leave for the day."

"Yes Sir", Adi told the staff to leave for the day. Geet was also exhausted so she went straight to her room up stairs.

Adi joined Maan at his table.

"Adi this is the budget for Dr. Manchanda's project... go through it, take all the necessary details from Geet. Tell Shaha to prepare the designs..... We must finalize the layout within a week."

"Yes Sir....I'll do that.... anything else."

"Yes, inform all the staff that from tomorrow onwards afternoon meal will be provided by the office. Make all the arrangement in the dining hall."

"Thank you sir, It's a wonderful idea" Adi beamed.

"Humm... you can leave now. I'll also go and meet Daadi...."

Maan entered the Khurana Mansion. He saw Nakul setting up the dining table.

"Nakul Didima kahan Hai?"

" Apne room main sir"

"Theek hai.... suno Daadi ka dinner unke room mein hi bhijwa do aur mera aur Ms. Geet ka outhouse main."

"Yes Sir"

Maan saw Daadi was busjy watching her TV.

"Hello Daadima... Kaisi hai aap?

"Subah se ab fursat mili hai aapko hamaare bare main poochne hi?" Daadi grumbled.

Maan smiled and shook his head, " Daadi you will never change... abhi tak bachcho ki tarah ruth jaatie hai."

"Kya kare is gar ke sab bachche toh bade ho gaye.....ab i bachcha ban kar hamei h khud hi apna dil bhehlana parata hai."

Just then nakul entered the room with the dinner.

"Yeh kya dinner yahan kyon laye ho? Daadi looked puzzled.

"Nakul tum jaao......Daadimaa maine apka dinner yahan mangaya hai...." He took the plate and served some food for Daadi.

"Maan aap hamare sath dinner nahin karege?"

Maan handed over the plate to Daadi.

"No Daadi, Not now I have some assignment to complete"

"Humm... woh hi... special assignment....." Daadi's eyes glittered with excitement. "Kya kuch bahut khas hai?..." Daadi tried to tease him.

But it was not easy to trap Maan. He smiled at Daadi's inquisitiveness and replied, "Yes Daadi very special....Dr. Manchanda wants to add one more children's ward to his nursing home......you can go there and spend time with the children... phir apko bachcha banane ki zaroorat nahin paregi."

Daadi made a bad face. "Aap hame hameesha chup kara dete hai... puchati kuch hou aur jawaab kuch aur dete hai"

Maan smiled and put his hands on her shoulders and said softly, "Daadima you are the most special person in my life.....get well soon ....I need you to be with me." It was very rare for Maan to show his emotions even to Daadima. Daadi just patted on his cheeks. "I am always with you Maan, You know that."

Maan smiled and began to leave "I'll go and change. Enjoy your dinner and good night."

"Good night Beta!"

In the Outhouse, Geet came to her room, put the books down on the bed and went straight to take a shower. She was completely drained out and needed to refresh herself. She was still thinking about those pictures at the nursing home. "I have to face this...... this is my reality....mujhe toh duniya ka saamana karna hai. ......Main dar ke nahin baith sakati......Mujhe is such ko bahar lana hi hoga..... aur sabse pehale mujhe ye such us insaan ko batana hai jo mere liye bahut mayene rakhata hai..... Maan sir. Unhone hi toh aaj tak mujhe har museebat main sambhala hai.....Ek woh hi hain jinhone hamesha mera saath diya... bhale hi woh mujhe kuch nahin samajhte par main toh unhe apna......" She got anxious. "... apna kya ? Geet... tu unhe apna kya samajhti hai?"   she started taking to herself.  "Pata nahin..... par jo bhi samajhati hun .. unhe sach batana hi hoga......"  Her inner self questioned "aur kya woh tujhe phir yahan rahane denge?" "pahale hi kaun sa rahne de rahe the" ...."Geet pahele ki baat hur thee.... aur  ab tu unse door bhi to nahin ja sakati... yeh baat tu bhi jaanati hai...." the more she was thinking the more restless she was becoming.  "Main kyon maan sir se door nahin jaa sakati, kyon woh mere liye itne important hai........ Geet tujhe apana such maan sir ko batana hi hoga.... you can be untrue to him..... phir chahe woh tujhse nafrat hi kyon na kare..... tera pyar to kam hain hoga......"

This was the first time Geet accepted her feelings for him. And this new found realization saddened her even more.

"Geet yeh tune kya kar liya.....Kyon tu apne aap ko nahin rok payee.....Pagal.......registaan main baarish ki ummed  nahin hoti....aur na pathreeli zammen main phool ugate hai.......Aur tere pass to is nanhi jaan ki jimmedari hai....."Geet heart was completely shattered....  " kyon meri kismet main kisi ka bhi pyaar nahi hai... ?" She closed her eyes in pain.....  "Maan sir kash ki meri  jindagi main aap phele aaye hote....."

Maan changed and went back to the outhouse. Nakul had just laid the dinner table.

"Geet Madam ko inform kiya"

"Nahin sir abhi nahi"

"All right, tum jaao"

After Nakul had left, Maan headed straight towards the bedroom. Geet was not there. The book that she has brought for the nursing home was lying open on the bed. Maan understood that she had gone through the book. He got little worried. He looked beyond through the window and saw her standing in the balcony lost in her own thoughts. She has been standing there for a long time and did not even realize that the sky had darkened. The breeze was tossing around her hair and her duppatta had flown down on the floor. But she seemed so unaffected by all that was going around her.

Maan called out softly, "Geet!"

Geet turned back and saw Maan. She just kept looking at him.

"Come and have diner"

"Aap yahan sir..... kuch kam tha..."

"Maine kha dinner ke liye chalo. " Maan ordered.

"Main baad main kha loongi...." Her voice chocked.... she did not want to let Mann know that she has been crying so she turned around.

It was dark so Maan could not notice her tears. He went forth, picked up the duppatta and wrapped it around her from behind.  "Geet..." He said softly.  She didn't turn around. He held her arm and turned her around "Ab naaraaz kyon ho...". He was shocked to see her face was filled with tears.

"Geet.. kya hua... ro kyo rahi hao....."

Geet opened her eyes and said, " Sir mujhe apko kuch baat bataani hai."

Maan instantly realized what she was trying to tell........ he was not expecting it to happen so soon. He thought, 'Today has been a rollercoaster ride for her... I should have been more careful....Is tarah to yeh apne tabiyat karab kar legi'

"Sir main......" Geet started.

"Abhi nahin Geet, pahele Dinner, then we will talk. all right" Maan stopped her.

"Per sir...."

Maan put his index finger on her lips and said, "Chup.... don't try my patience, Geet." His hand slid gently across her back to give support to her. He bent down a little and raised her into his arms. Geet couldn't resist. She was shocked yet when Maan carried her at the dinner table she felt a faint joy in her heart. She never knew that it will be so blissful to be in his arms. She had never seen Maan so closely. She kept looking into his eyes. She had seen confidence, anger and arrogance in those intense eyes but never so much care and concern. They both kept looking at each other.

Maan slowly settled her in the chair and sat at opposite end of the dinner table.

"Gosh! I am really hungry, do you?" Maan tried to ease the atmosphere.

Geet gave a faint smile and nodded.

"Thank you Sir...."

"Ab thank you bad mein karna pahele khana serve karo."

Geet first served for him then for herself. Maan was not expecting this. It was a pleasant surprise seeing her so comfortable with him.

"Geet kal Daadi se mil lena... she will be happy to see you."

"Arey main bhi na..... bilkul bhool gaye....pat nahin aaj sab gadbad hi kyo ho raha hai...abhi jagi hongi?"

"Nahin....Don't worry she won't mind... haan par kal mill lena nahin to woh jaroor naaraz ho jaayegi. "

slowly Geet began to relax and they finished their dinner over a light conversation.

After dinner Geet started clearing the table.  Maan also joined in.

"Sir main kar loongi." Geet tried to stop him.

"Yeh gar mera bhi hai aur mujhe iski adat bhi ha.i" Maan reasoned.

"per ab main yahan rahati hoon." Geet asserted.

"Tum yahan sirf guest ki tarah rah rahi ho, aur main is gar ka malik hoon" Maan evened the score.

"Theek hai sir... phir sara kaam aap hi kijeye.... kya apne guest se kaam karwayege" Geet said innocently.

"Tum kabhi sudharogi nahin..." Maan stared at her.

"Aap kabhi sudhare hai kya?" She stared back and then they both smiled.

"All right, mil ke karate hai....." Geet said.

"Yehi to main kar raha tha " Maan was happy to see her smiling.

"Geet walk pe chale....." Maan offered.

Geet nodded.

Edited by whitepearl - 13 years ago
bluedreamz953 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
love it
please continue
when is the next update?
please add me to the pm list
whitepearl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Hi! all Maneet fans , the next update is here. Thanks a lot for all those you have encourage me. Do leave your comments if you like the way it is going...

Update 4

Maan and Geet started to walk side by side. It was the first time they have come out together without any professional obligation.  Geet was looking stunning in the moonlight. He had seen her moonlit face earlier also on his laptop through the security camera but seeing her face to face was heavenly. He wanted to touch her and feel her. ....But put his hand in his pockets lest he would do something stupid. It was a beautiful night but Geet was far away somewhere lost in her past thinking how Maan has become an inseparable part of her life.....and time has come when he has to face her past, the separated part of her life that has bruised her entire being.

"Aapko yaad hai, woh raat jab aapne mujhe bachaya tha....Woh raat meri jindagi ki sabase bhayana raat thi..." Her voice was low and full of pain.

"Geet woh sab mat yaad karo...maine kaha tha jin baato ko yaad karke dukh hota hai unhe bhool jaao..." Maan couldn't see her going through such pain......

Geet continued, "Nahin sir....main chahoon toh bhi apne past se nahin bhaag sakti.....aaj bolne deejiye Sir...."  Maan was uneasy by the sadness in her voice.

"Aapne mujhe nai jindagi di.....par yeh kabhi nahin poocha ki kyon mera apna bhai mujhe maarna chahata tha....Kyon mere garwaalo ne mujhe ek jhatake mein hi sab se paraaya kar diya.......Yeh bi nahin sooch main unka apna khun houn....woh kaise kar sake yeh sab....." Her voice chocked.

She gave a fake smile at Maan, turned her back towards him and continued.... "Per hamesha se aisa nahin tha... Daarji or veerji bhale hi gussewaale the, par baaki sab mujhse bada pyaar karte the.

Main bhi kabhi kilkila ke hasti thi. ...Main bhi khule aasman mein pankh phila ke udna chahati thi, mere bhi sapne se ek din parhai puri kar ke is duniya me apne jagah banoo. .........Per main bhool gaye thi ki hamaare samaaj mein ladkiyon ko sapne dekhne ki izzazt nahin hai.

Mere lakh mana karane par bhi daarjee ne merei shaadi pakki kar di. Ladka NRI tha... bas itna he kafi tha unke liye. Maine unhe samjhane ki bahut koshih kari par Veer ji ki dhamkiyon aur daarjee ki pitaye ke aage meri ek nahin chali......... Us shaadi ko apna naseeb maan ke maine ek nayi jindagi main kadam rakha. Naye sapane dekhane shuru kar diye........per mera garonda to ret par bana tha, jindagi ki lehro ke samne ek din bhi nahih tik saka.

Meri shaadi jaldi jaldi ek mandir mein kaa di gayi. Mere garwaalo ne bhi raat main hi meri vidaye kar di. Woh tufani raaj jisi maine upne jindagi ki sbse khoobsort rat samjha tha, meri jindagi ki sabse manhoos raat thi. Phoolon ki sej par mujhase  mera sub kuch loot liya gaya aur mujhe pata bhi nahin chala.....ek lutere ko bhawaan samajhti rahi....woh saadi jise main apna naseeb maan rahi thi woh to kabhi hui hi nahi........nakali dulha, nakli barati, nakli pandit, nakli phere....... sab kuch nakli tha."  Geet was overwhelmed with pain and grief. ".....par main... main to asli thi...koi kagaz ki duriya nahi thi jiski  jhoot mooth shaadi karayi ho.... aakhir mera gunah kya ha....sirf kuch paiso ke liye aur us ek zammen ke tukare ke liye  uss insaan ne meri jindagi ke saath itna bada kel khela ?

Woh log mujhe airport par hi chood kar Cannada bhag gaye....darji ne yeh baat sab se chupaye rakhani chaahi......maine bhi isi ko apni kismet maan liya.... .. mujhe gar mein bad kar diya gaya. main pinjare mai ban panchi ki tarah tadapti rahi......Main toot chuki thi...par jindagi ko shaayad abhi mujhe aur todana baaki tha....mujhe pata chala ki main.... She was getting breathless.....she sighed and closed her eyes.

"......mujhe pata chala ki main pregnant huo.....Mujhe ek umeed ki kiran nazar aaye maine soch agar unhe pata chalega to who muje apna lenge....maine unhe pagalo ki tarah contact karane ki koshih ki.....aur phir mujhe pata chala who aadmi toh pahle se hi shaadi shuda hai.....mere gar waale mera abortion kawane ki koshih kari..... aur jab who kamiyab nahin ho paye toh mere apne bhai ne mujhe maar dalna chaha. Main apne aur apne bachache ki jaan bachane ke liye bhaag rahi thi.......Aur tabhi aap meri jindagi main aaye.....aapne  mujhe na sirf bachaya balki aapki baato ne mujhe apni ladai ladne ki takat di. Aap shaayad nahin jaante par aapki baato ne meri andar ki us ladki ko jagaya jisme apne garwaalo aur duniya ka samana karne hi himmat hai. You are very special to me....aur ise liya main yeh such aapse aur nahin chupa sakti.  Aaj bhi apne atit ke bare main sochti hun to sahem jaati hun. Kyon hua mere sath yeh sab......Maa banana ka kubsoorat ahassa mere hoto pe hanse ki bajaaye meri  aakho main aasoo kyon le aata hai.....aakhir kya kiya hai maine....kya main itne buri hon...." Her voice cracked ...

"Geet bas karo....Don't blame yourself...." Maan turned her around and held her from her shoulders. Helooked at her with tears in his eyes and love in his heart. "Bhui tum nahi ho Geet, bure who sab hai jinhone tumhe chot pahuchayi" and then he embraced her.

Geet could not hold herself...she hugged him back and sobbed from the depths of her soul. She was pouring out all her pain that she was enduring for so long.

"Oh! Geet, I will always be there for you. I won't let any pain come near you, ever."

They both held each other. ...Geet kept crying for a long time and then slowly her cries began to faint. Maan was holding her tight in his arms. His shirt was absolute wet with her tears. Geet was peacefully resting against his chest.  The moment standstill between the....and time flew by silently. There was absolute calmness......the storm has settled down. And they both had found a new hope, a new beginning in each other.

"Geet" Maan said softly.

"Geet...so gaye kya?"

"Humm..."Geet kept her eyes closed and ducked deep into his embrace.

"Geet I also have a confession to make...."

"Kya?"

"Mujhe tumhaari pregnancy ke bare main pata tha. Us din jis din tumahari tabiyat karab hui thi...."

Geet was shocked... she straighten herself....

"Toh aako pata tha......." recalling the events of the entire day... " aur tabhi aap who sab kar rahe the...Isi liya aa mujhe hospital le gaye.... you tried to trick me...."

"Geet... listen to me"

"No... you tried to trick me.....like others"

Maan got frustrated. He held her hands. She tried to free her hand but could. "look at me Geet..." Maan commanded. She didn't. Maan held her face with her hand and pulled her close. "Look into my eyes Geet... Does it looks like I will trick you? Do you really think I will hurt you like others.... don't you see anything else in my eyes? Kya tumne mujhe itna hi samjha hai...Kya main itna bura hon?" Maan inquired painfully.

Geet looked deep into Maans eyes..... she could see immense love for her... she knows it now..She could see the beauty of his soul...... she knows she is completely his and he is hers.

Geet smiled a little and teasingly said, " Yes.....aap bilkul dust daanav hai......" She freed herself and stepped back.

Maan was pleasantly surprised... so she was faking.....

"Geet...." Maan tried to hold her again. But Geet ran back laughing. And Maan saw her going.....he was happy. Geet stopped near the gate and shouted, "Aaj main bahut khush hon Maan Sir... aaj main phit khule aasman mein udoogi......"

Edited by whitepearl - 13 years ago
MeetPremeer thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
beautiful update
plz continue soon
febinyusuff thumbnail
good one dear.. loved it  :) .. pls continue soon
.sireesha. thumbnail
That was so wonderful and so touching
pls continue sooooooooooon😊
charlie1950 thumbnail
so heart rendering and full of life  in the end
swetha10 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
very beautiful update....do continue soon n thanx a lot for the pm...
kooliio thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Awesome update!! It was very touchy...but the end was really cute...can't wait for the next part. Do cont.soon