Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

crazy4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
Now you are making me really mad....

You know The more I read this Story, The More I find myself a Witness of Their Life, and hence, The more I want to read...."

And I think I would be pulling my hair next instant... Coz I can't do anything in the story....

You are a simply FANTASTIC WRITER.... I wonder if you know some sort of hypnotism or magic....

Coz, it's really wierd how after reading each part... I want to know what happens next and that too so desperately that I keep thinking about the story until I can see the next part....

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏----This is for your amazing writing skills...
👏
crazy_sweta thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
hey continue soon and add me to ur pm list its tooooooo gud plzzzzzzzz update can't waittoo long
crazy4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Just read the last part....

It's really brilliant.... Though I want to beg for more, but I think I can actually wait now..... Now that everything is better resolved, I'm really happy.....

Thanx, for giving us such a wonderful story.....
And I may behave somewhat sanely now...😊
.sireesha. thumbnail
Thats awesome dear
Its so emotional
Plsssss update soooon
MeetPremeer thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hey Opti

Just read all the four parts
You are a really great writer
Plz it would be nice if you can post both the parts today itself
Plz continue soon
Eagerly waiting for the next update

Nidhi
Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: JhankaaR000

Now you are making me really mad....

You know The more I read this Story, The More I find myself a Witness of Their Life, and hence, The more I want to read...."

And I think I would be pulling my hair next instant... Coz I can't do anything in the story....

You are a simply FANTASTIC WRITER.... I wonder if you know some sort of hypnotism or magic....

Coz, it's really wierd how after reading each part... I want to know what happens next and that too so desperately that I keep thinking about the story until I can see the next part....

👏----This is for your amazing writing skills...
👏

Thanks Jhankaar. There is no hypnotism or magic.  When I write, I get into the heads of my characters  and experience what I want them to experience. This, in turn, may be making you feel what they feel.  As this requires a lot of passion, I end up feeling drained after I've finished writing.  There was a time  when I was writing like crazy, practically on a daily basis.  Now that passion has died down and I no longer write.  This was just serving my old wine.
Opti thumbnail
Originally posted by: rinky70

hey continue soon and add me to ur pm list its tooooooo gud plzzzzzzzz update can't waittoo long

Thanks Rinky. Will be posting the last two parts today. So keep a watch here.
Opti thumbnail
Originally posted by: .sireesha.

Thats awesome dear

Its so emotional
Plsssss update soooon

Thanks Sireesha.  Will post the next update in a few minutes.
Opti thumbnail
Originally posted by: MeetPremeer

Hey Opti

Just read all the four parts
You are a really great writer
Plz it would be nice if you can post both the parts today itself
Plz continue soon
Eagerly waiting for the next update

Nidhi

Thanks Nidhi. Yes, I'll post the two parts today itself. The sequel may come up tomorrow. hope you like the sequel as much as you like this one.  The story is incomplete without the sequel for a few unresolved issues would get resolved there.
Opti thumbnail

Part 17 

"Maan, what are you doing here?" asked a surprised Geet trying to free her arm.

Dev watched them silently with his mouth gaping slightly and his eyes open wide.

"Never mind about that. Answer my question first. What did you just say?"

Geet started trembling, seeing the fury in his eyes.

"I won't come in the way of your happiness," she muttered.

"No, after that," he said impatiently.

"I'll let you visit Sahana," she said with feeling.

"No....at the very end," he persisted.

"I can't keep you from Sameera," she said regretfully.

"What has Sameera got to do with us?" he asked in annoyance. 

"She is the woman you love," she said in a pained voice.

"Says who?" asked Maan furiously.

"I saw the two of you in your office. You were hugging her and telling her that her love will win."

Maan was shocked to realise that Geet had seen him with Sameera.

"Was it the reason that yesterday you left handing over the food you prepared to my sub-staff, without meeting me?" he asked as he suddenly comprehended her strange behaviour.

She nodded her head silently.

"Now, don't tell me that you were jealous of Sameera."  

She remained silent but bent her head down in shame. Although her head told her that she had no right to be jealous of any woman in his life, her heart couldn't help but feel upset seeing another woman in his arms.

Maan secretly felt happy that Geet was as possessive of him as he was of her.

"For your kind information I don't lust after married women," he said gruffly.

Geet looked at him in shock.

"She's married?"   

"Yes, she is...to my close friend, Varun. The three of us were together in the same college in London and were very good friends. Varun and Sameera got married only a year ago and live in Delhi.  Both of them are passionately in love with each other but have giant sized egos.  Sameera is very ambitious and career minded. She wanted them to postpone plans to expand their family for some time as she wanted to start a boutique. Varun on the other hand was keen to have a baby soon. They had got into an altercation and Sameera left him a month ago and came to her mother's place here in Pune. She expected that her husband will call her back soon but instead he has sent her a notice for judicial separation. She received it yesterday and came running to me in tears. She still loves Varun deeply and was desperate to get back with him. She asked me to help unite them. I assured her that I will speak to Varun and sort out their issue. Since Varun is headstrong I had asked her to give me some time to soften him up. I told her that her love will win, meaning her love for Varun, not for me. How could you even think I could love anyone else when I am so obviously and hopelessly in love with you?" he asked in indignation.

She looked up at him stunned.

"You love me?" she asked incredulously.

"Were you not aware of it, Geet? How can you be so blind? Why do you think I spend so much time with you and Sahana? Why do you think I am desperate to be in your company always. Does that not speak for itself?" he asked in a hurt voice.

She had to admit that he did indeed behave like a lovesick little puppy. Only she presumed all that attention was for her daughter. How wrong she was.

He continued in a husky emotional voice, "You two are the most important girls in my life. My life is meaningless without you. When you talked of annulment on grounds that the baby was not mine, you broke my heart, darling."

Her eyes welled up as she clearly saw the love in his eyes. Why could she not see it before or was she too scared to see it, lest it turns out to be a mirage?

"I am sorry, Maan. I was too scared to believe anyone could love me for who I am. I thought I was unworthy of you although I couldn't help falling irrevocably in love with you."

"How could you think so little of yourself?" he admonished her. "Your inner beauty radiates through and brightens your external looks, making a confirmed bachelor like me go weak in the knees."

She blushed at the compliment and bent her head down in shyness.

Holding her chin he lifted her face and was about to kiss her when they heard the unmistakable babble of little Sahana.  They turned and saw her in Rehana's arms as she and her little troop made their way towards them.

"Well, well well....look who's here, Sahana. Your Papa! And shamelessly romancing his wife in broad day light, that too in a public place!" exclaimed Rehana mischievously.

Both Geet and Maan turned tomato red and looked bashfully at the new entrants as well as the sole existing one who was looking at them pensively.  Sahana leaped into Maan's arms and calling out "Papa....Papa..." she covered his face with her drool as she literally licked it in happiness. Maan hugged her close, his eyes softening with love for his little angel.  

Geet tried to lessen the embarrassment of being caught red handed by introducing Dev to Rehana.

"This is my friend, Dev.  Dev, this is Rehana, Maan's friend's wife."

"Why, am I not your friend, Geet?" asked Rehana jocularly and turning to Dev, shook his hands.

Rehana then introduced all the members of her family to him. Dev shook hands with everyone including little Asma. As the children were getting restless, Rehana took leave of them. Sahana was still busy admiring her handsome papa and trying to tell him about the party in her childish gibberish.

Geet turned her head to Dev and then to her husband and back to him again, her tear-filled eyes silently pleading with him not to separate them. Dev understood her plea.  He had been silently observing the depth of love these two obviously had for each other when they impassionedly confessed their feelings to each other. He knew that they were really meant to be. Although it was heartbreaking for him to lose the woman he loved so soon after finding her, he knew that the man she has chosen was far more worthy of her than he ever could be. A man who saved his beloved's life, who so selflessly took care of her in her hour of need, who accepted her unconditionally into his heart and who was prepared to give her up for her happiness surely deserved all the happiness he could get. He would definitely not stand in the way, especially since the happiness of the woman he loves is so inextricably woven with that of this man. He only wanted to hold his daughter for a few minutes before he bade them good bye.

"Would you not let me hold my... sorry...your daughter for a couple of minutes?" he asked Maan.

Maan who was absorbed in listening to his daughter turned to him and smiled at him guiltily.    

"Sorry for the intrusion. We created quite a scene, didn't we?"  Maan said apologetically. He then turned back to Sahana and stretched his arm holding her towards Dev.

"Sahana baby, this is your.."

"Dev Uncle," finished Dev for him. Hearing this, both Maan and Geet heaved a sigh of relief, although both of them felt bad for Dev. In that one word Dev conveyed his acceptance of their relationship.

When Dev tried to take her from her papa, Sahana shrugged her shoulders and turned away from him, clinging to her papa tightly.

Dev could not help feeling hurt by her reluctance to come to him. Maan felt embarrassed by her behaviour and explained that she generally took time getting used to new faces. Maan tried to reason with his little daughter. "Sahana baby, this uncle is a wonderful man, a close friend of your mama and papa. Won't you go to him?"

This time Sahana looked at Dev curiously and although she was not too keen to leave her papa, she let herself be lifted by this stranger. She stared at his face intently wondering why her papa was keen to palm her off to this strange man. Dev smiled at his little girl and remarked to Geet that she was a carbon copy of her. He then asked them if he can get her a gift. Maan and Geet nodded their heads. He went to the nearby gift shop and asked Sahana to pick what she wants. She looked around and pointed her hand to a big air filled Bugs Bunny which was nearly twice her size. He nodded his head and bought it for her. As it was too big for her to hold, Maan carried it for her. 

They then walked Dev to his bike. Maan passed on the Bunny to Geet and took his daughter from Dev's arms. He asked Dev when was his flight so that they can come to the airport to see him off but Dev said that he hated goodbyes and preferred to leave alone. Maan tried to apologise to him for everything but before he could proceed further Dev asked him not to feel sorry for him. He would always be grateful to him for letting him know that his Geet was alive and well and happy with her family. He then jocularly said that if he ever heard that Maan hurt her in any way, he will take the next flight back to India to 'take care' of him. Maan laughed and said he will never give him an occasion to complain. Wishing them all the very best, Dev got on to his bike and sped away as the threesome looked on. 

Part 18:=> Here

Edited by Opti - 13 years ago