Dill Mill Gaye

(SRA) Is this show on repeat?

arp04srocks thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

Ok i'm warning all bashers...this post is about Armaan and Ridz, and i have simply written what my observations and yes opinions about today's scene were...i have no shame in sharing the fact that i am and have always been a Siddhima fan, that if my views seemed biased...then guess what they are...cuz they are opinions and opinions are nothing but biases ppl make against situations  so if you still want to read what i have written then go for it...

You know when I heard that yet another goodbye was planned between Ridz and Armaan I started pounding my head against the table.  It just felt like this show was stuck on repeat.  Again and again we see Ridz get confused, then she picks Sid, who then is suspicious if Ridz really wants him for him or not.  So then Armaan gets depressed because Ridz did what she said she would and what he knew she would do.  So then he goes and does something extreme like drowning his sorrow in tears, fights, alcohol.  Which of course leads to Ridz feeling guilty and once again having to tell Armaan that she has chosen her husband and the whole cycle starts all over again. 

Yaar, seriously I was about to quit the show, but thankfully I watched the episode and you know what?  I'm actually glad that they did shoot this scene.  That we did get yet another goodbye this time.  Yeah I know you all probably are thinking I'm crazy, hey I am after all I watch this show everyday don't I? Even when it is stuck on repeat.  But I will go ahead and tell you why I appreciated this goodbye.  The first and foremost is the obvious, Armaan needed to hear the words.  The poor guy is unable to let go of his past (Do I blame him? No.  It's hard to let go of someone you thought was the love of your life.  I mean when death separates you it's heartbreaking, but when fate separates you and yet keeps you as close to each other as possible without actually allowing you to be with each other it's impossible)  And yet that is the exact situation Armaan finds himself in.  So far he has been pretty amazing with how he has handled the fact that Ridz chose Sid over him.  In fact, he helped to reunite the two when they themselves weren't sure that is what they wanted.  But the one thing that Armaan has failed to do completely is shut the door to his past.  Oh sure, he claims he's been trying but the truth is he has simply accepted that Ridz the person can't be his, he has not accepted that the memory, thoughts, and dreams of Ridz are no longer his to keep either.  It's sad, I agree, but it's reality.  Ridz is no longer Armaan's anything.  And the only thing she can possibly be is a friend, and that is only if he is able to put their past completely behind him.  So Armaan needed this goodbye to confirm for him that Ridz is not his now and she won't be his ever again.  That he must let her go because her seeing him grasping on to a fading memory is not just hurting him, but it's opening the wounds she has tried so hard to close.

As for the real reason I really enjoyed today's goodbye scene, it was Ridz.  Yup, Riddhima today when she talked to Armaan validated everything I have been hoping she felt. She finally said it out loud, she clarified everything, and left no room for doubts.  She told Armaan that he needs to move on.  "That time has changed. And with time she has too."  She says these words with such confidence and the truth is so clear by the way she is making direct eye contact with him.  There is no doubt in her mind about what she feels, we don't see tears in her eyes or them shifting.  It's her truth and she knows it, and she's hoping Armaan will now too. That "Time had tied her to a person taught her to move on, that she found someone who taught her to live again. That that person became her support" And then she says what she knows will be the most hurtful, "that that person loved  And no she is not saying it to be cruel or to rub it in his face, you know that she knows that what she just told him is killing him.  You see her close her eyes for second as she says the words.  That Armaan is still living in the past, that now Armaan must too move on.  You see today Ridz admitted to Armaan in words that she has chosen Sid in everyway possible for who he is, not because he was her husband.  She told Armaan every reason why she was able to move on, why Sid owns her heart, and why Armaan never can.  That seeing him in pain causes her pain, and that if he wants to help her and make her happy, then he needs to help himself and make himself happy.  See today was the beginning of the end for Armaan.  No it wasn't the beginning of the end for Ridz, because she has already ended her relationship with Armaan that night at Panchgani and only reaffirmed it everytime since then.  But Armaan although he said "goodbye" to Ridz that day on the basketball court he meant the goodbye to mean that he was letting go of the person Ridz so that she could be happy, He didn't mean he was going to let go of the memory Ridz.  You see Armaan thought he would be able to spend the rest of his life with the memories of Ridz, that thoughts would be enough.  But today Ridz's words struck the first hit against the wall Armaan has put up against reality stealing his belief that he will be able to live in the memories of what him and Ridz were. her."

So I leave with this...Saying goodbye is never easy, and yet it becomes necessary to do so repeatedly simply because you aren't able to leave once it's said.  It would be much easier to say goodbye and walk away and never see that person again.  But to say goodbye and still see that person not sometimes, but everyday, it makes it almost impossible to accept.  Today was the beginning of reality forcing Armaan to let go of Ridz's memories forever.  Although he crossed his fingers as he promised, a funny thing called fate will not allow him to rest until his promise becomes reality.  Fate is going to force Armaan into Shilpa's path so that reality will crash against his memoryworld and shatter it forever.  As for Ridz she has simply shown once again that her decision was made a long time ago, she simply reiterated it in words today.  She said it aloud, she needs Sid, she wants Sid, she loves Sid.  And all she can hope for is for Armaan to find that persont that can help him move forward in life too.

Oh...one more thing, I do believe that this scene was also meant for the audience.  For so long the audience has been speculating about Ridz's thoughts, and why she has chosen Sid and if she really meant to chose Sid of if she was "forced" by society and it's standards.  Today Ridz, in her own words told it to the one person who meant more to her than life itself at one point that she has already chosen, and that choice is not going to be changed ever.

You know the rules...play nice

Thanks for reading...plz do comment

-Arp    

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Brilliant arpu  trust me m one of those people who were like Not again like i've memorized that move on speech now but i did liked today only caz of what riddhima said and did her focus her views r so so so clear today she has no qualms what she's doing she knows exactly what she has to do and why love it
amazing postπŸ‘ 

Ridz is no longer Armaan's anything.  And the only thing she can possibly be is a friend, and that is only if he is able to put their past completely behind him. 

very true, the only things ridz can be to armaan now is his friend, who he can share his feelings, where ridz can tell him about her cute doctor and how she adores his unperfectness=perfectness, they can be really good friends that is if only armaan forgets the past and move on, if not then ridz will take that right from him to, she will not go near him knowing that her ex. still love sher, she will not let that happen b/x she loves sid, and she will not hurt sid like that. it is armaan call, if he wants her friendship, he needs to forget her and move ahead in life, if not then she will so not be his friend. either you loose a good friendship or forget the past and accept the reality, which is ridz is mrs.riddhima siddhant modi, sid wife.

As for the real reason I really enjoyed today's goodbye scene, it was Ridz.  Yup, Riddhima today when she talked to Armaan validated everything I have been hoping she felt. She finally said it out loud, she clarified everything, and left no room for doubts.  She told Armaan that he needs to move on.  "That time has changed. And with time she has too."  She says these words with such confidence and the truth is so clear by the way she is making direct eye contact with him.  There is no doubt in her mind about what she feels, we don't see tears in her eyes or them shifting.  It's her truth and she knows it.

this one line had made us all siddhima fans shower flowers at mrs.riddhima siddhant modi, people were saying all  kinf sof things about ar scene, oh she loves armaan, her tears say that she loves him and b/c of only social pressure she is with her cute doctor, etc..and BAME!! mrs.riddhima siddhant modi shut those people mouth like you close a bottle caps, she told her ex. very very clearly that sid is the center of her world, the reason she is breathing is b/c of her cute doctor, if he is not there then there is nothing, sid means the world to her, the ridz he think about has died that night of her marriage to her cute doctor, the ridz he sees now is completely different ridz, she is sid ridz, his soulmate mrs.riddhima siddhant modi, and how proudely she says it, just makes you want to clap for her. she is very proude to be sid wife, and it shows it in her face and in her action, and the way she said that times has changed and so did she, we knew that from the marriage day, after she took the saath phere with her cute doctor, she became a women, who wants love and affection from her cute doctor, she so did not think about her past or cry over it, the only things she was concern about was her cute doctor and her cute doctor only. she is happy in her her aishina, she got her jannat in the name of sid, she is blessed to get a husband like sid and she loves him, she will never ever leave this hand who held her when everyone pointed finger at her,who thaught her the meaing of life and love, and who endure her pain with a smile on his face, she cannot even dream about leaving her cute docotr, they are connected by fate and soul, if sid ever leaves her she will die, b/c sid lives in her and by getting seperated by him, how can she survive, mrs.riddhima siddhant modi got ranged in her cute doctor rang, she only sees her cute doctor nobody else. all i want to say is i am proude of mrs.riddhima siddhant modiπŸ‘πŸ‘, she knows what she wants and who she wants, there is no if and but in here, her aim is straight which leads to her cute doctor sid only, she wants her cute doctor from body and soul.
malluangel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
great going arp!
so true... it feel like we were stuck on repeat
haha every couple of epis armaan and rhiddima must shed tears and tell each other they still care while rhidz adds shes moved on etc...

to be honest i pretty much expected the same thing as the last three or four times so i skipped around :P but ur analysis was great, it told me what i was supposed to see instead of wondering my rhidz wouldnt let her hair down....

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
it's such a lovely post. Agree with everything you wrote.
indian_beauty thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Arp....A BIG HUG YAAR πŸ€—
to be honest...I was hating and I mean HATING 😑 😑 the idea of another AR goodbye....I was lyk Oh NOT AGAIN 😑 😑 but Arp when I saw the scene (cuz I had nothing better to do) I was sooooooooooooooo happy....I loved Riddhima...her words..her confidence her tone of voice, her looking in straight in Armaan's eyes and telling him to move on....AMAZING!!!!! I just loved when she said Time has changed and with time I have changed too....and FINALLY she uses the word "LOVE" to tell Armaan why she chose Sid over him....BEAUTIFUL...JUST BEAUTIFUL...and ur post FABULOUS...I love your take on the scene and it's exactly what I thought after I saw the scene...!!!! this was really needed for SIDDHIMA relation to get stronger and for Armaan to get the courage to actually move on...yes he crossed his fingers but he can't cross his finger at his destiny which is waiting to give him a lot of happiness through Shilpa...I just can't wait to see Armaan moving on with Shilpa and SIDDHIMA bond to get stronger and more lovelier...!!!!

Love Always,
Zarqa❀️

P.S. the chappals are not coming 2day cuz of this beautiful post but yeah I will be waiting for FF....plz update soon...thanks luv ya!!!
Sid.H thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
awesome post....loved ur analysis of the convo...

especially agree with this:

Oh...one more thing, I do believe that this scene was also meant for the audience.  For so long the audience has been speculating about Ridz's thoughts, and why she has chosen Sid and if she really meant to chose Sid of if she was "forced" by society and it's standards.  Today Ridz, in her own words told it to the one person who meant more to her than life itself at one point that she has already chosen, and that choice is not going to be changed ever.

I
ts high time everyone understands this!
ANfan1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Arps πŸ€—

Beatuful post! The scene was enacted well and Ridhz clearly spoke her mind clarifying all doubts  on her relationship with Sid!

-Harshu- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Awesome post Arp πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Great analysis πŸ‘πŸΌ

Oh...one more thing, I do believe that this scene was also meant for the audience. For so long the audience has been speculating about Ridz's thoughts, and why she has chosen Sid and if she really meant to chose Sid of if she was "forced" by society and it's standards. Today Ridz, in her own words told it to the one person who meant more to her than life itself at one point that she has already chosen, and that choice is not going to be changed ever.

I hope people understands dis...

Arp!!!! You rock our socks. Lol. Initially I had felt the same as you regarding the 99th move on speech, and already had pre conceived notions about the scene, but it was rather a pleasant surprise to watch it today. Riddima today for once and for all cleared all the doubts that existed in Armaan's mind AND the audience's mind, for which I am thankful. I don't know why she was hesitant all along though she had put an end to her past long back, but finally she was able to look into Armaan's eyes and affirm him that she has moved on indeed. There's no yearn, there's no passion, there's no regret, there's no room...for anything...ever. Time will not reverse. I am not sure if it has hit Armaan, but I am at least hoping he realizes that from Riddhima's side the memories are faded and she's weaving a fairytale with Siddhanth. It pains her to see Armaan destructing himself and she wants him to help himself as she once did, thus we have Shilpa by his side.

Finally it should be crystal clear that Riddhima is not with Siddhanth because of guilt, marriage, force, societal pressure, or morals but because she wants to be with him. Time evolved her and she grew with Siddhanth being there. It's quite evident. Sure it may not be love for some, but for SR viewers, it's beyond that.

Edited by zainab25 - 13 years ago