The tortured mind of Krishna Singh

Posted: 13 years ago
First of all, how beautifully the creatives have shot this entire lot of scenes! Beautiful - so sensitive, so charged, so well put together! Creatives thank you for this and for such wonderful characters and actors.

Now that I have that out of the way 😆😆, what I wanted to discuss was: Why is Krishna so upset?

Part of the anger is because he was kept in the dark over this whole matter. Part of it was he felt cheated. One point that was raised by both the Thakurs and Krishna that she relied on his love to cheat and cuckold him - marry him when she wasn't 'pure'.
But now that Prats has told him fairly clearly what happened, how she saw this hand with her name on it, how she thought it was he that had kidnapped her.. he is still a little upset. We are all a little upset at that stance. Yes, most (Indian) men would like their wives to be pure. There is a huge 'virginity' issue. But in this case, even if Pratigya had been raped, we feel bad if Krishna of all people were to blame her for something that is NOT HER FAULT.

However, coming to that understanding is easier said than done. It's not a simple matter of your wife being 'pure'. For Krishna, a man who sees himself as powerful, as a strong man, as a protector - it must be beyond torture to IMAGINE his wife in the power of another man. The very idea is agonising him, tearing him apart. He is angry because he didn't even KNOW about it, leave alone able to DO anything about it. If Angad had been alive, he could have ripped him apart with his bare hands and choked the life out of him. Now even that is not possible. Krishna is tormented, tortured by those images, by the idea of HIS Pratigya at the mercy of a darinda like Angad. It is very understandable.

In fact, Krishna's reaction is very much like how her own father reacted. When Angad was harassing the professor trying to show him pictures, Shyam ji ducked his face and did anything he could to avoid them. Back home, he was in agonies over the idea that his precious daughter had been violated. When Pratigya came face to face, he avoided her eyes, would not look at her face. He was harsh to her for the first time in his life and asked her to leave, to go back to her home. To a man who is in the position of a protector, it must CUT him at a very primal level to know that they have not been able to protect a woman under their protection. It is a wound that only time, common sense and love can heal.

Sometimes some people don't like to look at scars or wounds. It makes them feel queasy. It reminds them of the injury and makes them feel very vulnerable. This is much like that. Krishna has always seen Pratigya as a very strong girl. He likes and admires her for it. Suddenly he's seeing her as a victim and rationally or irrationally, there is an element of anger.

So I feel, Krishna is not rejecting PRatigya because she's impure and not worthy of him but for more complex reasons. He has heard Pratigya tell him what happened but he has not been able to internalise or process that. He is still being tormented by HIS imaginings, by the would-haves, could-haves.
It will take a while for him to recover his strength, for him to come to terms with the fact that NOTHING happened. It will take him a while to get up on that bike, zoom off in search of Lucky and Jugnu, beat the crap out of them and ask them what happened. It will take him a little while to heal and see Pratigya again in a normal way. Till then, I'm afraid he will walk away from Pratigya, avoid her because as he himself said 'tumse pyar jo karte hain'.

Krishna has found now that he loves Pratigya even more than he thought. He is also dealing with the NEW KRISHNA that is emerging in these new circumstances. The new Krishna and the changed PRatigya who'll form a Kriya that even we didn't dare hope for! 😳😳😍

Bubble
gr8 gr8 gr8... well written... 👏
Lovely post 👍🏼 👏 I really didnt think of it that way n i guess you are right in saying that krish himself is surprised at the fact that he loves pratigya so madly. He himself might be angry with her, scold her. blame her but he really cant stand the sight of pratz being so badly hurt by others. Thats really cute 😍

The Topic Opener or any1 Plz Temme In short what she wrote 😊 cuz i HATE readin Long posts 🤣

@ kriya_sruthi, mrs.luvjaysean
thanks 😊
Originally posted by mushirox

Lovely post 👍🏼 👏 I really didnt think of it that way n i guess you are right in saying that krish himself is surprised at the fact that he loves pratigya so madly. He himself might be angry with her, scold her. blame her but he really cant stand the sight of pratz being so badly hurt by others. Thats really cute 😍

Mushirox,
thanks 😃
he's not thinking straight now but just the fact that he brought her in rather than throwing her out proves his stance louder than any words he could utter.
Bubble

Originally posted by -Cwezy_Manoola-

The Topic Opener or any1 Plz Temme In short what she wrote 😊 cuz i HATE readin Long posts 🤣

😆😆😆
I could tell you what I said, of course, but I would need as many words 😛
Bubble

Originally posted by soapbubble

😆😆😆
I could tell you what I said, of course, but I would need as many words 😛
Bubble

i seriously got some probs ROFL
Even if i write sumfin VERY long, i get Shock ROFL
wow bubbly, wow..👏👏👏

A wonderful post and you went to the heart of Krishna!!👏👏

The whole reason he is upset is because this woman he loves and idolises has turned out to be the same as everyone else, making mistakes after mistakes. Krishna had adored her from day one, blind to everything else. And now he learns she has repeatedly lied to him and treated their marriage as a mockery. He had often been told by his family that she is using him and finally on monday he told her the same thing.....The new promo is giving a big clue, he is upset and anger but mostly at him because he loves her and still does but now he realises she isn't worth it because of her lies and faulty thinking.

As for Krishna listening to everything she is saying now, well give the man a break. He has enough shocks and new information added on top, well it was admirable that he did hear and even managed to ask qs...such as then why sasurji was blackmailed for 5 lach and etc.....the thing is it is going to take time, as you said, and that is perfectly normal. I would have found it extremely abnormal if he had listened to her halting explanation and then said 'sure, no worries we can go back to how things were'!!
@SB
fantastic post. very good analysis of Baba's state of mind. i personally think he feels used by Pratigya. He believes Angad did the heinous act and she married him to save herself from the 'badnaami' and that is why she hid the truth. The reality is we hide things when we are scared of loosing something and that is quite logical
@ Dreamygal agree with what you said. he had been denying what his family had been reiterating since naming changing ceremony that 'ooh ladki tumko oongali par nacha rahi hai aur tum behooda nach rahe ho'
but revelations abt the kidnapping has proved it correct that till now she has only used him