Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Today's Dream Sequence - Confession (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 4

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 4

oddgalout

oddgalout

Posted: 03 August 2010 at 9:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sub_rosa

that Dutta too, like other men, had dreamt of a beautiful partner! Physical appearance DID matter to him when it came to love…or rather what he perceived as love! Though it has never been actually SHOWN, but there were subtle hints! Dutta avoided women for 10 years, because he felt susceptible to their charm…feared that he might get entangled again which could lead to another heartbreak! Naku too, is a young woman! But Dutta had no qualms in talking to her for hours, or touching her(even in front of a big audience)! I think Dutta felt completely SAFE around her (in his subconscious)…he knew that he could never get attracted to her…she was nothing like the image he had in his mind of his potential mate!
I have to mention the button-sewing scene here… Dutta was so aloof and so unaware of the young woman standing close to his chest, touching it…almost as if she was not a woman at all! In my opinion, Dutta wouldn't have even opened up to Naku , if she had been in her pretty avatar from day 1…he would certainly have felt threatened by her physical charm!

So, until recently Dutta had nurtured in his mind a superficial view of love…where physical appearance amounted to a lot! But, his experiences with Seema-Sups and then Naku, has forced him to think differently! He is finally learning to see BEYOND outer beauty...and perceive and feel love in a much deeper way! Hence, the beauty-talk in the dream-sequence!    

I think that's the issue - some of us (or at least muah for sure) took Dutta to be different then this. His character development and portrayal has shown otherwise. Dutta of ten years ago appreciated beauty - Dutta bhau on the other hand finds beauty in trust and loyalty and friendship - or so it seemed at least. It didn't seem before that it was a trade off in his mind - give up superficial beauty and u must just get lucky with the other three. After watching the late night repeat it just reconfirmed my thoughts this way. When Dutta met Naku he didn't see her as anybody different - he didn't care for the pretty Naku he accidently ran into and saved either - yet now he is subconsciously accepting of her claim of not being beautiful when in the past he has stopped anyone who has mocked Naku for it.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

meghapartiAnu-Reddy

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Today's Dream Sequence - Confession (Page 4)" in Laagi Tujhse Lagan forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

oddgalout

oddgalout

Posted: 03 August 2010 at 9:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SAraW

now coming to the non- populat status of the song, I m glad again that they didnt go with a popluar number like always. As LTL has been very very conscious abt selecting a Song. Be it Jaanay kya baat hai( old and golden number) ... Laagi tujshe say lagan by Rahat ali khan ( classical song) and now this

But R.A. Khan's song was extremely popular when it came out and for quite some time after. You still hear it even now when watching tv and what not. Past song choices have also been fairly popular ones. And there are some offbeat ones that are awesome too - but just this one I just didn't feel. Even on a repeat hearing.

Originally posted by Anu-Reddy

Didnt she see what her beauty could do to Dutta? ...........he hardly gave her a second glance when he saw her on road one day .......... hope she keeps herself grounded and doesnt go gaga abt her beauty. Hope we dont get to hear such over-dramatic lines from her

Exactly!!!

Edited by oddgalout - 03 August 2010 at 9:49am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Anu-Reddy

Hessa85

Goldie

Hessa85

Posted: 03 August 2010 at 10:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by oddgalout

Originally posted by sub_rosa

that Dutta too, like other men, had dreamt of a beautiful partner! Physical appearance DID matter to him when it came to love'or rather what he perceived as love! Though it has never been actually SHOWN, but there were subtle hints! Dutta avoided women for 10 years, because he felt susceptible to their charm'feared that he might get entangled again which could lead to another heartbreak! Naku too, is a young woman! But Dutta had no qualms in talking to her for hours, or touching her(even in front of a big audience)! I think Dutta felt completely SAFE around her (in his subconscious)'he knew that he could never get attracted to her'she was nothing like the image he had in his mind of his potential mate!
I have to mention the button-sewing scene here' Dutta was so aloof and so unaware of the young woman standing close to his chest, touching it'almost as if she was not a woman at all! In my opinion, Dutta wouldn't have even opened up to Naku , if she had been in her pretty avatar from day 1'he would certainly have felt threatened by her physical charm!

So, until recently Dutta had nurtured in his mind a superficial view of love'where physical appearance amounted to a lot! But, his experiences with Seema-Sups and then Naku, has forced him to think differently! He is finally learning to see BEYOND outer beauty...and perceive and feel love in a much deeper way! Hence, the beauty-talk in the dream-sequence!    

I think that's the issue - some of us (or at least muah for sure) took Dutta to be different then this. His character development and portrayal has shown otherwise. Dutta of ten years ago appreciated beauty - Dutta bhau on the other hand finds beauty in trust and loyalty and friendship - or so it seemed at least. It didn't seem before that it was a trade off in his mind - give up superficial beauty and u must just get lucky with the other three. After watching the late night repeat it just reconfirmed my thoughts this way. When Dutta met Naku he didn't see her as anybody different - he didn't care for the pretty Naku he accidently ran into and saved either - yet now he is subconsciously accepting of her claim of not being beautiful when in the past he has stopped anyone who has mocked Naku for it.

but i dont think dutta has always stopped comments like those coming from sudarshan about nakkus appearance.  the emphasis from the fam has alwaybs been on nakku being ugly or/and dark and i think dutta is fully aware in understanding that nakku falls short of beauty ideals.  i dont think this means that he necessarily envisions  her as ugly,,,but is just aware that she isnt considered stunning.  he would be naive to not be aware of this view people have of her.

Edited by Hessa85 - 03 August 2010 at 10:26am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sub_rosaAnu-Reddy

oddgalout

oddgalout

Posted: 03 August 2010 at 11:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Hessa85

[QUOTE=oddgalout][QUOTE=sub_rosa] but i dont think dutta has always stopped comments like those coming from sudarshan about nakkus appearance. the emphasis from the fam has alwaybs been on nakku being ugly or/and dark and i think dutta is fully aware in understanding that nakku falls short of beauty ideals. i dont think this means that he necessarily envisions her as ugly,,,but is just aware that she isnt considered stunning. he would be naive to not be aware of this view people have of her.

But to consider it as a trade off is a compromise. Not a whole-hearted acceptance of the whole package - rather he has had these past girls highlight his flaws and so feels he needs to compromise on beauty in order to get true love. It's like he's paying a price to get the love he craves - the price being the good looks of his gal.

ImmaculateDream

IF-Sizzlerz

ImmaculateDream

Posted: 03 August 2010 at 11:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by oddgalout

Originally posted by SAraW

now coming to the non- populat status of the song, I m glad again that they didnt go with a popluar number like always. As LTL has been very very conscious abt selecting a Song. Be it Jaanay kya baat hai( old and golden number) ... Laagi tujshe say lagan by Rahat ali khan ( classical song) and now this

But R.A. Khan's song was extremely popular when it came out and for quite some time after. You still hear it even now when watching tv and what not. Past song choices have also been fairly popular ones. And there are some offbeat ones that are awesome too - but just this one I just didn't feel. Even on a repeat hearing.

Originally posted by Anu-Reddy

Didnt she see what her beauty could do to Dutta? ...........he hardly gave her a second glance when he saw her on road one day .......... hope she keeps herself grounded and doesnt go gaga abt her beauty. Hope we dont get to hear such over-dramatic lines from her

Exactly!!!

popular or not i felt it was apt for dutta in many ways .. most importantly for the lyrics as they were going in accordance with his complicated feelings .. and was going well with the flow of his dream. but then its my point of view only Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Anu-Reddy

Post Reply New Post

Go to top