Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Today's Dream Sequence - Confession (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

oddgalout

oddgalout

Posted: 02 August 2010 at 10:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gp00

Originally posted by kshreya2002

Yes Dutta's mind seems to have made a connection between beauty and betrayal. I guess they are setting the stage for the revelation. I guess Naku will be presented as perhaps the most beautiful woman of all the women in Dutta's life...and to him her betrayal will be the biggest. So it will be a case of biggest betrayal by the most beautiful face of his life. When her color/face is revealed he will see it as another betrayal from as expected a beautiful face.

LOL LOL LOL Now they're asking for too much from us viewers! First, the absurd look of Naku --the badly drawn line that we're supposed to think is a unibrow, the horrendous, water-resistant (except the feet of course) makeup, AND NOW...Naku as the most stunning face of his life. LOL LOL LOL Naku is by the far the most beautiful woman he has ever met in terms of purity of character and loving nature, and yes, when that dreadful makeup comes off, she will be very pretty. But this whole emphasis on beauty over and over again is getting old. The simple premise was ok a few months ago, but when you look at Dutta's character, it cannot be the same premise anymore.

If I say anything regarding the looks and prettiness factor Shreya will come after me with my signature apsara statement. LOL. But specifically in regard to her hands and that ridiculous paint stuff - both water scenes seem all the more absurd every time I re-watch them - sad considering they are amongst my absolute fave otherwise. First the initial water pump scene where she washes her hands (that too shanti se) as Dutta works out his arms and nothing washes off. The recent one at the lake is even more absurd because the water Dutta gives her drips down her hands and mouth but doesn't take ash makeup off and only wipes off from her feet.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pushpa_kannanAnu-Reddy

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Today's Dream Sequence - Confession (Page 3)" in Laagi Tujhse Lagan forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ltl_fan

IF-Dazzler

ltl_fan

Posted: 03 August 2010 at 12:25am | IP Logged
With so much emphasis on Dutta's subconcious connecting beauty with betrayal I am afraid the CV's are actually setting the stage for yet another road to rage by Dutta when he finds out about Nakku's beauty.  First where he says to Jagtap the more the beauty the bigger the betrayal and then Seema/Supriya's reference to beauty in his dream sequence followed by Nakku saying I am ordinary but I love you.  I feel the CV's are going to torture us with yet another path of betrayal.  Even Nakku is fighting with her subconcious to tell him the truth as this is indeed the only lie she has between her and Dutta.   I truly hope the CV's have something else planned as it would give the viewers the wrong message that the only reason Dutta wants to give Nakku a chance is because she is not beautiful.  Dutta should not be shown making that distinction.   From the beginning Dutta has never been shown to notice physical beauty as he was never shown going ga ga over Seema or Supriya's beauty and also in his eyes Nakku looked so pretty on the day of the wedding.  So now with Dutta making this connection is so unlike his character buildup.

Edited by ltl_fan - 03 August 2010 at 12:30am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Anu-Reddy

rama_2010

Goldie

rama_2010

Posted: 03 August 2010 at 1:03am | IP Logged

CV'S please do not torture us with more separation and hatred .... beauty or no beauty we all understand that it is a person's heart that matters.  Its the understanding, trust, care, affection, respect  for the other that builds Love... Naku has already proved all of these and to the extent that she can even die with / for him. ... so please CV's show us Dutta's mature love through  understanding, affection and trust.and a hope towards life for the future. 

Dutta, should feel how such a beautiful girl is hiding her beauty and how she could love him selflessly love him even after the torture's and ill treatment he has given to her and Naku will reaffirm her love to him.   this is how I see it.

Anu-Reddy

ImmaculateDream

IF-Sizzlerz

ImmaculateDream

Posted: 03 August 2010 at 1:28am | IP Logged
I had been reading many comments abt the song not being the right choice.

I disagree, first of all it went perfect with the setting and in accordance with the feelings of dutta. Specially the LYRICS,He was running away from his gloominess until he found this wonderful place! a Life that is awaiting for him Only if his heart    breaks the shell .. and let it in .. and it was perfectly portrayed through the song .. His heart showed him this world .. This Gal who was calling out for her love ... " It showed him to LEt her in !! it waS his heart only .. I found it REAlly beautiful guys!! K khud ka dil hi keh raha hai ki Dekh ! woh duniya .. woh pyaar.. jisse tu nazar andaaz keraha hai .. jisse tu door bhaag raha hai .. MAtt bhaag use! Matt bhaag.

now coming to the non- populat status of the song, I m glad again that they didnt go with a popluar number like always. As LTL has been very very conscious abt selecting a Song. Be it Jaanay kya baat hai( old and golden number) ... Laagi tujshe say lagan by Rahat ali khan ( classical song) and now this ... while listening to this song i felt as if even im a part of his dream as if im wandering there in that heaven.... as if i can feel the love.. the song is Meaningful and Melodious. and it fills    all its ingredients into the sequence and made it even more beautiful..if They would have chosen another Hit song aik tu I hate it when one song is being played for a popular show and the other bluntly copies it down for another show :S .. it kills the essence ... and this song im sure will remain untouched!
it will remain the song of my Dutta realizing that he should stop running Away.

I felt personally that this was the perfect song choice.

i heard it and fell in love with it right away. AS for dreams being over dramatized, which They absolutely are.. Dreams are like that only.

I m in love with this stanza

Dhadhkan ye tere dil ki
Pooche re tere dil se
Ki sachmuch kya hai tu duniya mein
Ohoh ... Ambar pe ...

Clap

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

shonapinkykhushixAnu-Reddy-Rinky-

Anu-Reddy

IF-Sizzlerz

Anu-Reddy

Posted: 03 August 2010 at 3:05am | IP Logged
Oh man Guys out of all the lines used in thiis show that "apsara" wala line is what I hate the most. I somehow dread that behavior from Nakku. She is quite overconfident abt her looks aint it?. I feel so.. She is pretty but considering herself "apsara" is a bit too much .....  That in turn suggests how much she adores her beauty. Didnt she see what her beauty could do to Dutta? ...........he hardly gave her a second glance when he saw her on road one day .......... hope she keeps herself grounded and doesnt go gaga abt her beauty. Hope we dont get to hear such over-dramatic lines from her ......

Abt Dutta's perspective, I dont think he misjudged Seema-Sups. Both were actually hinting him that they are beautiful ppl and they find no interest in him........... But what Dutta concluded from those betrayls was what was wrong. He concluded that just because they are two good looking women they rejected him. But the truth is more to it...........Beauty is just one part of the betrayl. Seema betrayed him for money  and Sups betrayed him for her love.......... Dutta failed to see it.  No wonder Jags said that Dutta is naive and is a  poor judge...........

Since he thinks Seema-Sups betrayed him cuz of their beauty.......and Nakku thinks otherwise of herself........... he feels she has no reason to betray him. 

This preconceived notion is soon gonna take him down the hill but then he will come out of it too .............with flying colors and Nakku besides him............. Afterall love isnt easy....... This time atleast he will be in pain for true love not for some traitor........

Anu

ImmaculateDream

ImmaculateDream

IF-Sizzlerz

ImmaculateDream

Posted: 03 August 2010 at 3:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ltl_fan

With so much emphasis on Dutta's subconciousconnectingbeauty with betrayalI am afraid the CV's are actually setting the stage for yet another road to rage by Dutta when he finds out about Nakku's beauty. First where he says to Jagtap the more the beauty the bigger the betrayal and then Seema/Supriya's reference to beauty in his dream sequence followed by Nakku saying I am ordinary but I love you. I feel the CV's are going to torture us with yet another path of betrayal. Even Nakku is fighting with her subconcious to tell him the truth as this is indeedthe onlylie she has between her and Dutta. I truly hope the CV'shave something else planned as it would give the viewers the wrong message that the only reason Dutta wants to give Nakku a chance is because she is not beautiful. Dutta should not be shown making that distinction. From the beginning Dutta has never been shown tonotice physical beauty as he was never shown going ga ga over Seema or Supriya's beauty and also in his eyes Nakku looked so pretty on the day of the wedding. So now with Dutta making this connection is so unlike his character buildup.

I think and i HOPE its the other way round. They are intentionally showing this to Us viewers and Nakusha that he will react to is terrible if he comes to know abt her hidden truth.. but They are planning to surprise us and nakusha .. and make that moment even more precious.. I dont know why but i got this feeling .. and i hope after revelation Dutta stands by her... and value her even more.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Hessa85sub_rosaAnu-Reddy

sub_rosa

IF-Dazzler

sub_rosa

Posted: 03 August 2010 at 4:43am | IP Logged
Very interesting discussion!

In my view, Dutta has always been broad-minded enough not to get prejudiced over a person's physical appearance! He had no problem trusting and befriending an ugly Nakusha, because according to him she had a clean heart and that's what mattered most to him! BUT, I believe, though not many would agree with me, that Dutta too, like other men, had dreamt of a beautiful partner! Physical appearance DID matter to him when it came to love…or rather what he perceived as love! Though it has never been actually SHOWN, but there were subtle hints! Dutta avoided women for 10 years, because he felt susceptible to their charm…feared that he might get entangled again which could lead to another heartbreak! Naku too, is a young woman! But Dutta had no qualms in talking to her for hours, or touching her(even in front of a big audience)! I think Dutta felt completely SAFE around her (in his subconscious)…he knew that he could never get attracted to her…she was nothing like the image he had in his mind of his potential mate!
I have to mention the button-sewing scene here… Dutta was so aloof and so unaware of the young woman standing close to his chest, touching it…almost as if she was not a woman at all! In my opinion, Dutta wouldn't have even opened up to Naku , if she had been in her pretty avatar from day 1…he would certainly have felt threatened by her physical charm!

So, until recently Dutta had nurtured in his mind a superficial view of love…where physical appearance amounted to a lot! But, his experiences with Seema-Sups and then Naku, has forced him to think differently! He is finally learning to see BEYOND outer beauty...and perceive and feel love in a much deeper way! Hence, the beauty-talk in the dream-sequence!    

Edited by sub_rosa - 03 August 2010 at 5:29am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

pushpa_kannanHessa85ImmaculateDreamAnu-Reddy

triasha

IF-Rockerz

triasha

Posted: 03 August 2010 at 5:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Anu-Reddy

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" color="#000099">Everyone has a right to hold onto their opinions..........iam glad u have urs and no brickbats for u dont worry ........Hug.</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif"></font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" color="#000099">Abt the song ..........at first watch I didnt even listen to it properly ........ was totally drowned in the scenes.........but after like 50th-60th watch, I find it was an apt choice. Not for the voice or music but for words. I find the song has some apt words for Dutta and the condition he is............ "Jab aaoge tum thab gayenge hum ....... sargam yeh saje tere sang sang .......... iss khwaab ko sach karke hi jaana re......."........How apt was that for him. The most touching line was "Naa khelo sanam ......... tere hi hain hum ............ dhadkan yeh meri dil ki pooche re tere dil se ............ Ki sach much kya ho tu diniya mein". It was as if Dutta was finding it difficult to accept that "true love" exists ........ </font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" color="#000099">One thing that I love abt LTL is that all the songs they used on this show have been out of the box. Never saw any cliched song being played and today was no different .............. Thats why I dont mind the song. It suits the bill.</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" color="#000099">Abt Seema-Sups talk abt beauty.............I see it this way. Dutta after a lot of thought feels that Seema-Sups betrayed him because THEY THINK they are beautiful and he doesnt deserve them. Seema if I remember also said it on his face ......."Jaake shakal dekh aaine mein .......... " . So its subconciously part of Dutta that he believs he was being ditched because the women were beautiful............. Then came Nakku. She herself told Dutta-Baaji during the car -scene .........that she doesnt feel good abt her looks. Dutta in his dream thinks that Nakku might feel so and so abt herself............that she isnt beautiful and doesnt deserve a husband like Dutta though she loves him dearly. He isnt seeing that dream just from his perspective...........he was seeing it from all the women's perspective........... Thats why I dont think the scene was misplaced . In fact thats exactly how Nakku feels of herself and she told Dutta abt it couple of times I believe........... so why wont he rememebr that in his dream? He will...........</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" color="#000099">Anu</font>

yaaaaaaa anu i completely agree wid u ..............this dream sequence had a deeper meaning...........and the song was jst perfectwen its on our gadha i love evrything abt it Heart Embarrassed

Anu-Reddy

Post Reply New Post

Go to top