Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

oddgalout

oddgalout

Posted: 02 August 2010 at 8:11pm | IP Logged
This time around I am ready for the brickbats - I probably deserve them too LOL - since the general consensus is different then what I am about to write. Finally saw the episode on the big screen - to be completely honest I was disappointed with the song sequence at the end of Dutta's dream (and a little bit with the oh very perky Naku in it). I don't know - it just didn't click with the image of Dutta that has been established. It seemed random (the sequences within) and I guess partially because I didn't like the choice of song either. And above all I was disappointed with the portion where Naku mentions her looks and Dutta remembers that later on. It has always seemed that he knows she finds herself ugly but it's never been implied that he sees her that way. Even during the wedding sequence he teased her over looking pretty when she was dressed up. It's like he's compromising on beauty for the love she has to offer as opposed to finding her beautiful because of the love she has to offer - her conscience telling her to reveal her beauty is one thing but for him to think that in his dream is surprising). I know it'll be established that way later on but it certainly didn't seem that way in the sequence. Really wished they had picked a better song or even just a collection of all their old moments. Sorry guys to sound like a bummer but just my two cents.

Edited by oddgalout - 02 August 2010 at 8:22pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Hessa85gp00sub_rosaNewdimemeghaparti

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Today's Dream Sequence - Confession" in Laagi Tujhse Lagan forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

RockChicGirl

IF-Stunnerz

RockChicGirl

Posted: 02 August 2010 at 8:42pm | IP Logged
I was going to start a thread myself. Unlike most people I am not going ga-ga over the dream. I mean it was really good...really hatke from other shows. But like Sejal I feel the song could have been different...more popular perhaps. Or maybe such songs dont appeal to me personally.
But apart from that one thing struck me...I dont know if it was intentional or it came out unwittingly but it looked as if Dutta somewhere feels that he doesnt deserve a beautiful woman like Seema or Supriya as he appears heartless to the world due to his profession. Why else would the two women emphasize on beauty and Naku emphasize on her lack of it. Dutta himself has never behaved as if notices her lack of beauty.
So from the dream it seemed as if Dutta is making a compromise...wanting to give a chance to love with a not so beautiful woman as hopefully she wont really have much choice and will not betray him like the other women did who found different men to dump him for.
But yes from the dream it was also apparent that he is totally in awe of the love Naku is giving him and how beautiful that feeling of being loved has made his life so much so that he wants to cherish every little piece of her...whether it was the flower, dupatta or the place she touched(on the tree).
And yes another point I want to add I liked the reality part at the start of the episode better than the dream. Maybe because Dutta's voice nearly broke when he said that Naku has reached her destination where she will be united with her mother and then she will be free of him. And later when Naku said he too would be relieved of her burden...the way he looked at her as if he was thinking...is this what you understand of me?

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Hessa85gp00sub_rosaNelskhushixmeghaparti

RockChicGirl

IF-Stunnerz

RockChicGirl

Posted: 02 August 2010 at 8:55pm | IP Logged
One non-love related things I observed:
Naku's teeth were almost shining white. Good they removed the stuff on her teeth..or maybe Dutta never noticed anything on her teeth. LOL! As someone said bekar mein we are worried abt Dutta's reaction to her revelation...he might not even notice.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

gp00Rose_PetalTIA.TiaNels

oddgalout

oddgalout

Posted: 02 August 2010 at 8:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kshreya2002

Maybe because Dutta's voice nearly broke when he said that Naku has reached her destination where she will be united with her mother and then she will be free of him. And later when Naku said he too would be relieved of her burden...the way he looked at her as if he was thinking...is this what you understand of me?

See that depth. That intensity of emotion and feeling - mentioned above. That entire portion of reality was so different then the song sequence which was very filmy and light and fluffy. I've never thought of light and fluffy type romance for these two. This man leads a dark life and has a sad past - same goes for her. Their romance just can't be light and fluffy - even in a dream - especially for Dutta bhau. The Seema waala Dutta maybe but this older more mature one - I don't see it.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

gp00meghaparti

RockChicGirl

IF-Stunnerz

RockChicGirl

Posted: 02 August 2010 at 9:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by oddgalout

Maybe because Dutta's voice nearly broke when he said that Naku has reached her destination where she will be united with her mother and then she will be free of him. And later when Naku said he too would be relieved of her burden...the way he looked at her as if he was thinking...is this what you understand of me?

See that depth. That intensity of emotion and feeling - mentioned above. That entire portion of reality was so different then the song sequence which was very filmy and light and fluffy. I've never thought of light and fluffy type romance for these two. This man leads a dark life and has a sad past - same goes for her. Their romance just can't be light and fluffy - even in a dream - especially for Dutta bhau. The Seema waala Dutta maybe but this older more mature one - I don't see it.

Actually Sejal I didnt find the dream light and fluffy. In fact it was deep...way deeper than any song sequence I have seen on TV atleast. The dream was interesting in the sense that it brought out how Dutta's life turns colorful in Naku's presence. Also notice that he doesnt act lovey-dovey. Just follows Naku around and takes it all in while Naku is showering him with her postivity and love. Its just that maybe I expected more..or maybe it was the song?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sub_rosameghaparti

Anu-Reddy

IF-Sizzlerz

Anu-Reddy

Posted: 02 August 2010 at 9:06pm | IP Logged

Everyone has a right to hold onto their opinions..........iam glad u have urs and no brickbats for u dont worry ........Hug.

Abt the song ..........at first watch I didnt even listen to it properly ........ was totally drowned in the scenes.........but after like 50th-60th watch, I find it was an apt choice. Not for the voice or music but for words. I find the song has some apt words for Dutta and the condition he is............ "Jab aaoge tum thab gayenge hum ....... sargam yeh saje tere sang sang .......... iss khwaab ko sach karke hi jaana re......."........How apt was that for him. The most touching line was "Naa khelo sanam  ......... tere hi hain hum ............ dhadkan yeh meri dil ki pooche re tere dil se ............ Ki sach much kya ho tu diniya mein".  It was as if Dutta was finding it difficult to accept that "true love" exists ........

One thing that I love abt LTL is that all the songs they used on this show have been out of the box. Never saw any cliched song being played and today was no different .............. Thats why I dont mind the song. It suits the bill.

Abt  Seema-Sups talk abt beauty.............I see it this way. Dutta after a lot of thought feels that  Seema-Sups betrayed him because THEY THINK they are beautiful and he doesnt deserve them. Seema if I remember also said it on his face ......."Jaake shakal dekh aaine mein .......... " . So its subconciously part of Dutta that he believs he was being ditched because the women were beautiful.............  Then came Nakku. She herself told Dutta-Baaji during the car -scene .........that she doesnt feel good abt her looks. Dutta in his dream thinks that Nakku might feel so and so abt herself............that she isnt beautiful and doesnt deserve a husband like Dutta though she loves him dearly. He isnt seeing that dream just from his perspective...........he was seeing it from all the women's perspective........... Thats why I dont think the scene was misplaced . In fact thats exactly how Nakku feels of herself and she told Dutta abt it couple of times I believe........... so why wont he rememebr that in his dream? He will...........

Anu

Edited by Anu-Reddy - 02 August 2010 at 9:10pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

lizdarcy-Roopa-left_foreversub_rosameghapartiRockChicGirl

oddgalout

oddgalout

Posted: 02 August 2010 at 9:07pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by oddgalout

Actually Sejal I didnt find the dream light and fluffy. In fact it was deep...way deeper than any song sequence I have seen on TV atleast. The dream was interesting in the sense that it brought out how Dutta's life turns colorful in Naku's presence. Also notice that he doesnt act lovey-dovey. Just follows Naku around and takes it all in while Naku is showering him with her postivity and love. Its just that maybe I expected more..or maybe it was the song?

For me it was the song for one. I bet a different song - like 'Sajnaa' from Lamha (they could've used it again) or 'Tum Jo Aaye' from OUATIM or something would've made a huge difference. But Naku's portrayal was far too light and fluffy and perky for me - all bouncy and chirpy. Yes - he wasn't as you mentioned. Rather he was surprised and drawn or at least intrigued by the perkiness and light-fluffiness. All that combined with the portion on her lack of good-looks really disappointed me in general (particularly because he remembered the looks portion later on as well).

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nels

gp00

IF-Dazzler

gp00

Posted: 02 August 2010 at 9:12pm | IP Logged

I was going to start a thread myself. Unlike most people I am not going ga-ga over the dream. I mean it was really good...really hatke from other shows. But like Sejal I feel the song could have been different...more popular perhaps. Or maybe such songs dont appeal to me personally.
But apart from that one thing struck me...I dont know if it was intentional or it came out unwittingly but it looked as if Dutta somewhere feels that he doesnt deserve a beautiful woman like Seema or Supriya as he appears heartless to the world due to his profession. Why else would the two women emphasize on beauty and Naku emphasize on her lack of it. Dutta himself has never behaved as if notices her lack of beauty.

So from the dream it seemed as if Dutta is making a compromise...wanting to give a chance to love with a not so beautiful woman as hopefully she wont really have much choice and will not betray him like the other women did who found different men to dump him for.

But yes from the dream it was also apparent that he is totally in awe of the love Naku is giving him and how beautiful that feeling of being loved has made his life so much so that he wants to cherish every little piece of her...whether it was the flower, dupatta or the place she touched(on the tree).

And yes another point I want to add I liked the reality part at the start of the episode better than the dream. Maybe because Dutta's voice nearly broke when he said that Naku has reached her destination where she will be united with her mother and then she will be free of him. And later when Naku said he too would be relieved of her burden...the way he looked at her as if he was thinking...is this what you understand of me?

Yes, the sequence was too extended...painfully extended...it seemed unnatural at times. And I was NOT happy over Naku saying she's not pretty but she loves him. God, stop talking about the beauty piece when Dutta was never ever about that. He does not trust beautiful women, and he's made an incorrect connection in his mind between beauty and betrayal. But he never judged Naku, so when Naku said that in his sequence, I was thinking "Anil, did you really have to put that less than inspired sentence in there?"

You are right Shreya about how beautiful his life felt in the dream, being loved. It was such a stunning, and unfortunately over-dramatized, moment. I'm fida over Dutta's character. Totally.

And, yes, the look Dutta gave her was one of "is that what you think I feel? Do you understand me at all? Did you ever understand me if that is what you think now? But Dutta does have to understand--he is the one who constantly reminded her of her being a burden, of going their separate ways.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

meghaparti

Post Reply New Post

Go to top