My first Maaneet FF-An Unusual Grihapravesh - Page 4

Posted: 13 years ago
Awesome update!! Loved it. Do cont.soon
nice update.loved it.
continue soon.
Thanks a lot for appreciating. On to chapter FIVE!

Chapter Five

In the morning, as the first rays of the sun shined down upon the angelic face of Maan, he woke up, yawning and stretching his arms. He felt a bit perplexed-why did he feel like he had been hit in the head? And then like a drunk man finally coping with the effects of hangover, and feeling shameful in his sober state, Maan remembered last night's events. He could not believe it. Had he actually kicked the door of Geet's room down?

Then he stopped. Since when did his room become Geet's room?

He ventured outside to his room where Geet was sleeping. Her face was lit up by the light and she looked so content and happy that he found it difficult to believe she was the one who had so agitatedly berated him when he scolded her over her nightmare.

Oh god. He really was a two-headed monster. But one with a golden heart. For he was the only one in the world who would feel his heart pumping blood at an abnormal rate on seeing Geet sleeping, when your average man would have just lusted after her beauty. After all, you have only one soulmate.

Okay...since when did he start being romantic?

"Rise and Shine" shouted Dadimaa, walking into the house. Then she gasped. Why did everything look like a hurricane had passed through the outhouse?

But then, she told herself, this had to be expected. When you put two people crazy in love in the same house, well, the house would never be same again.

"Dadimaa!" he shouted, and ran downstairs. "What is this? You put that stupid Geet in my house!.

"Maan, this property belongs to me," she said sternly,"so I will decide who lives on it."

"But Dadimaa!" he whined. "I cannot live with her! She's taken my room! Why are you doing this?"

Geet on hearing their argument woke up with a start. Was it Dadimaa? She scrunched up her nose. She was Maan's grandmother not hers. But then, elders had to be treated with respect.

She did not count Daarji has her elder anymore.

She hurried downstairs. "Dadi, just look na! You only told me to stay here! And now he's saying that-"

"Stop behaving like kids both of you," she lectured. "Just look at the state you've made of my outhouse. Now listen. My doctor has just told me I have been diagnosed with blood cancer."

Dadi really knew how to lie.

Both Maan and Geet were left speechless. And then Geet saw a spectacle she had never witnessed in her life. Maan Singh Khurana of all people, was crying. Not crying, pathetically sobbing the way she had been doing last night. Except that his nightmare had come true.

"Look," he said regaining composure,"There's no need to be a drama queen. I will call a team of expert doctors. You don't worry. Just take plenty of rest. And I'm here to take care of you. We don't need Geet," he said, in his typical no-nonsense voice.

Geet interrupted. "I am her employee now," she said, "and it's my duty to ensure she is taken care of. So I am not going to leave this house till she does not recover."

"Geet," he said angrily,"This is my family matter. Don't act so concerned about it."

"I'm just being a human being," she said angrily.

"Just stop all this fake concern okay!" he yelled. She curled up, afraid. "Don't stoop so low as to show sympathy just so that you can stay in this big house-"

"Shut up Maan!" said Dadimaa furious. "Now listen," she said, determination in her life,"Before I go,I have one last wish. I want to see you married-to Geet."

"No! Kya? What!!" both blurted out in unison.

"I have only two months left," she said, trying her best not to laugh at the expression on their faces. "And it's my wish that my older grandson finds a wife."

"But why me?" Geet asked.

"No questions. And if you'll want to defy my order, fine. But only one condition. Maan will have to find some other woman to marry. And both of them should stay together-for life."

Maan and Geet quietened up and looked at each other. From where would they find a girl for Maan?

Hello, there were plenty of girls dying for him.

But they weren't secretly in love with them, the way Geet was.

That's it for now! Gotta go study for an exam! Hope you liked it! If there are any bloopers, wrong characterization or spelling and grammar errors, either pm me or post a reply on this thread. No bashing please! There are plenty of other good fanfics if you don't like mine.
😊

Love, Meg.Edited by IndigoBlues - 13 years ago
Just read your FF! it's great..
Please PM me if you can..
wonderful yaar.
continue sooon.
Thats a great part
continue soon
LOL dadi has cancer......and she is ordering them around
update soon
gud lack for ur exams
funny update
Lol love dadi and her nautanki, Geet looking for girls for Maan, gosh she'll probably end up getting jealous. Great chapter, do continue soon.
lovely part. very nice.
loved it.
continue soon.