Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
do add to the pm list if ur cotinuing dear
IndigoBlues thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the large response! You all are my motivation. 😃

Chapter 3

Maan Singh Khurana believed in self-education.

When he was in junior KG he had taught himself how to push back any one of the bullies who dared to so much as touch him.

When he was seven, he taught himself not to cry when his parents died in a car crash.

When he was twenty-one, he had taught himself not to cry and get drunk when the girl he loved the most walked away from his life.

With painstaking effort he had worked his way up the corporate ladder before finally establishing Khurana Constructions as the most competent builders in the city. He had a team of qualified engineers and MBA graduates but everyone knew Maan was the real reason for the company's success.

But he could never teach himself how to stay with-oops, without Geet. If she had just been an ordinary pretty secretary he wouldn't have even looked at her. But Geet was different. She had that damsel-in-distress look in her which always awakened the chivalry in his heart.

Though he was not exactly willing to play knight to a princess who spoke more than 'Save Me!' when she was in the mood to.

When she had abruptly left the job, admist rumours she was a divorcee, he had breathed a sigh of relief. He could go back to acting himself again.

He hadn't counted on Geet appearing in front him though.

"What the hell are you doing here?" he yelled, angry and perplexed at the same time.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, hands on her hips. "If Savitri Aunty came to know that you are sleeping here-"

"Savitri Aunty? Who's that?"

"Oh wow, you don't even know the name of the person whose house you are sleeping in. And that also someone who is your most important client."

"Look, I know the names of all my clients by heart and there is no woman called Savitri who I know."

Geet sighed. "I always knew you were a bit weird...but this is the limit. Hello? This house belongs to Savitri Aunty."

"Geet, my grandmother is the one who owns this house."

"Oh..okay, I get it. You've become so close to her you consider her as your grandmother. That's sweet of you sir, but this outhouse is for employees, not for her fellow clients. But still, a guest is a guest."

Maan smacked his head. Who was this Savitri Aunty? And then he realized.

"Geet," he said, giving her a sweet smile-albeit with a dangerous look in his eyes, "my grandmother's name is Savitri Singh Khurana."

Geet looked at him, her jaws dropped.

Friends, the circle of life is very odd indeed. Not only did it conspire to make Maan and Geet meet each other, but it also conspired to make sure where Geet went, she would return to her past.

And then at the same time, both of them said, 'Dadi!!!"

Savitri Singh Khurana, on hearing their yelling, promptly pulled her blanket over her head and pretended to go to sleep.

They ran towards the main house, and Geet was about to go up the stairs when suddenly she noticed Maan standing outside, looking hesitant. For the first time Geet saw Maan look...weak.

"Oh ho, you are some shy bride doing grihapravesh or what? There is no kalash or anything here."

"Um," said Maan, regaining his composure, "Listen, lets not disturb Dadimaa. She must be sleeping...her old age is making her very tired."

Geet wanted to say, "How sweet!' but instead she folded her arms, and with her nose up in the air she said, "Fine, but tomorrow morning you will come to know the truth."

And she walked towards the outhouse.

Maan stared at her as she walked away, a strange feeling in his heart as he saw her take confident strides, determination in her chocolate brown eyes.

And that feeling was soon replaced by dread.

"Hey!" he screamed, and he ran after her. Giggling and squealing like a five-year old Geet ran too, eager to claim the room for herself. She could stay in any room in the outhouse, but in no way would she leave a place just to get rid of Maan Singh Khurana of all people. She had done it once, and had no intention of doing it again. She had her self-respect to think about.

If someone would have seen them, that person would have swore the two were mentally-challenged.

That's it guys! Sorry, can't write more, tutes in half an hour. Thanks again for the response! Love, Meg.
.sireesha. thumbnail
Its lovely
Plsssssss update Soooooooooon
KrishnaSourav thumbnail
nice update.loved it.
continue soon.
Thumari_Mahi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Lmfaoo!! This part was sooo Funny!! Oh ho, you are some shy bride doing grihapravesh or what? There is no kalash or anything here 🤣 wow ... loved dis update!! waiting for da next one!! 😉
kooliio thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

cute update!! "Savitri Singh Khurana, on hearing their yelling, promptly pulled her blanket over her head and pretended to go to sleep." lol but she have to face them in the morning...pls cont.soon

FaithnFate thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

nice update love the humor in the parts

awaiting 4r next pm:)
jaibaniwalia thumbnail
great ff...
pls cont.soon...
IndigoBlues thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Hi guys! Sorry for being so slow. Here's fourth chapter. Hope you enjoy it! 😊

[Chapter 4]

Maan Singh Khurana was not used to losing. Especially not to a long haired girl wearing a punjabi suit and running up the stairs as if her life depended on it.

"Geet!" he shouted. "Go anywhere you want, but not my room please!"

"Ooh..Sir is behaving like such a kid," she told herself and laughed. She entered the room and shut the door on Maan's face.

The volcano that was bubbling in his heart was just about ready to erupt. The only thing stopping him was the door.

A shocked Geet watched, unable to believe her eyes as Maan, with a great big kick, pushed the door so hard that it came off its hinges, and smashed onto the floor, making her jump back with a surprised yell.

"Are you crazy?" she shouted. "What if I got hurt?" she asked angrily.

Oh no, not again...

Maan was about to launch into one of his famous anti-Geet tirades when he noticed the way she was looking at him, her brown eyes full of fury. And he lost himself again. His mind wandered to a faraway paradise, where a beautiful fairy was there waiting for him. And her face was suspiciously similar to Geet. No actually, it was Geet.

Men. They have as many urges as women do.

"Oye, what are you doing, looking at me like that?"

Maan snapped back to reality and furrowed his eyebrows, readying himself for the barrage of words waiting to come out of his voice box. Instead he felt slightly breathless and giddy.

"I'm, I'm going," he muttered. Geet widened her eyes. "Don't give me that look!" he shouted and she nodded her head, not knowing what to do.

Maan went outside into one of the many rooms on the first floor, and laid down in bed, but not before he heard a screech.

He got up, his heart thudding. What if something had happened to Geet? Oh god, he shouldn't have left her alone. Then he stopped himself. Maybe she'd just seen a spider and got scared.

His heart jumped out of his mouth when he saw an apparition in front of his door, clad in white. And then the woman came into view. It was Geet and she was crying.

Out of nowhere she had got a nightmare of Brij running after her with a sword in his hand. And Dev was waiting for her, his arms outstretched. She smiled and then as soon as she reached out to touch him, it was replaced by Naintara, repeating those ugly words-"I am his wife,you stupid girl. Your supposed 'marriage' was just a sham."

And then before she knew it she was in Maan's arms.

"Geet, what is this?" he asked irritably and then he saw she was crying. He rolled his eyes. Oh, not again.

"Why do you keep crying?" he asked. "Can't you be brave for once?"

Geet broke away. "Oh yes," she said, half sad, half angry. "I forgot. I am such a weakling right? And Mr. Maan Singh Khurana doesn't have any problems in his life."

She walked away from the room in a huff. Maan sighed.

"I do have a problem Geet," he thought to himself, "my problem is how to stop thinking about you."

That's it for today guys! Hope you enjoyed it! My first fan fic(on Twilight) had been bashed by a reader who said that I had totally ruined the characters. So I'm kinda nervous as to how you find my characterization. I hope I'm doing a good job of preserving the essential qualities of Maaneet. Thanks for reading up til here! PM me if you have any problems, but please do not bash my story. It's my first FF, so it can't be perfect. 😃