Catfight gets real on TV: Ragz *pic*

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 31 July 2010 at 1:46am | IP Logged
Cat fights get real on telly

Reality TV is taking cat fights to the next level with a show called Meethi Chhoori No 1, in which, actors who are known to be conventional, demure bahus, will reveal a more real, catty side to their characters.

Meethi Chhoori No 1, which will premiere on August 7, is full of fun, gossip and controversies, and promises to be edgier than any other reality show so far. The show will feature popular TV stars like Rakshanda Khan, Neha Marda, Urvashi Dholakia, Karishma Tanna, Mona Singh, Vibha Anand and Ragini Khanna, and the actors will engage in verbal cat fights resulting in an outpouring of emotions, accusations and allegations.

So far, viewers have only seen these women in their demure bahu avatar but in Meethi Chhoori?, they will get to know the real side of these leading ladies as they gossip about each other, that too, in front of each other. The show will present these saree-clad women in minimum clothes; and they will also be required to answer questions that are bound to put them in a spot. Questions like: Which TV actor looks the sexiest? Who is most likely to steal a colleague's boyfriend? Which TV actor needs loads of make-up to enhance her looks? Basically, perfect fodder for reality TV.

The ultimate point of the show is that a revolving panel of celebrity women will have to face the reality of how their peers actually perceive them. According to Fazila Allana of SOL Indian, which is producing the show, "Meethi Chhoori No 1 is the first talk show of its kind on a GEC. The conversations on the show will be unconventional. It is frivolous and edgy but fun."

The show will have five permanent participants and each week, three new girls will join them for a frank chat. One of the permanent actors on the show, Urvashi, said that, "I am an open person and speak my mind so I am being myself and having fun. The idea is to be witty and frank without saying anything inappropriate." For Ragini, (Suhana of Sasural Genda Phool), Meethi Chhoori is a nice break from her daily soap routine. "I love dressing up for this show and I get to experiment with fashion. It's like a holiday for me," said Ragini.

Mona Singh of Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin fame said she had no idea about how catty the show would be till she started shooting for it. "It's not as catty as I had expected but some questions are quite tricky. At times, it does get a bit gossipy and edgy but I love it because it is not a competition and there is no judging," said Mona.

Fazila is convinced that the show will do well. "Since it will bring out the unknown side of the actresses' personality, it will keep viewers glued to TV sets,"

Bahus turn BABES

-A +A
Font
ALChougule Posted: Jul 30, 2010 at 1513 hrs IST
Imagine's new show Meethi Choorii No.1 is all set to present a new catty side to the long-suffering and sacrificing heroines
Television's popular stars Rakshanda Khan, Neha Marda, Urvashi Dholakia, Ragini Khanna, Karishma Tanna, Mona Singh and Vibha Anand among others have played obedient daughters, sacrificing bahus, sweet mothers and loving wives in daily soaps. Some of them have also played the conniving bua, the other woman or an outright vamp. But what are they like in real life? Are they the same as they look and talk in serials or are they completely different from the characters they have played in serials? Viewers of daily soaps will soon get to know the real side of their favourite TV stars in Meethi Chhoori No 1, wherein the actresses will talk frankly about themselves and their colleagues.
Which television actress has the best figure or who looks the sexiest? Which TV actress needs loads of make-up to enhance her looks? Who will look worse in a bikini? From mundane to embarrassing, each week they will be asked personal questions. They will be asked to rate themselves on a scale of one to eight and if their ranking matches with viewers' then the winner will get cash prize of Rs. 5 lakh. The bulk of the show, however, consists of ranting and revealing secrets. "It's a first-of-its-kind talk-show on a general entertainment channel wherein each week, eight girls will have fun talking and discussing various personal and touchy topics. The conversation will be unconventional. The show is frivolous and edgy but it will not go out of the fun zone," says Fazila Allana, producer, SOL India. Based on an international format called Women Who Rant, which is quite popular in Japan, Fazila says that Meethi Chhoori No 1 is going to be refreshing and different. She admits that some of the actors required some convincing to be a part of the show. "They had some concerns, but agreed on realising that it's a fun show," she adds. The show will have five permanent participants and each week three new girls will join them for a chat. Each episode will have a topic. Says Urvashi Dholakia, better known as Komolika of Kasauti, who is a permanent gossip queen on the show, "I'm just being myself and having fun because I'm an open person and speak my mind. The idea is to be witty and frank without saying anything inappropriate." For Ragini Khanna, Suhana of Sasural Genda Phool, Meethi Chhoori... is a nice break from her daily soap. "I love dressing up and here I get to experiment in fashion. So I look pretty and talk," she adds. However, Mona Singh of Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin fame, says that she had no idea about how bitchy the show would be till she started shooting for it. "But I'm enjoying it because it's not as bitchy as I had expected. At times it does get bit gossipy and edgy. But I love it because it's not a competition. I'm getting paid to talk," she laughs. If the girls are having fun, so are the boys. No, there are no male participants in Meethi Chhoori..., but Jay Bhanushali and Shabbir Ahluwalia, who break the ice and let the conversation flow, are the show's co-anchors. "This is a hilarious show because it is all done without a script. I am having great time cracking jokes and pulling legs. At times I even get to flirt with the girls," laughs Jay Anchoring Meethi Chhoori... is a different ball-game for Shabbir, who has hosted shows like Nach Baliye and Dancing Queen before. "What's quite interesting about the show is that it presents television's sari-clad bahus in a different avatar…in minis and minimum. It doesn't test the participants' talent. Speaking your heart out and hitting the right spot is what the show is all about. So it's quite an interesting experience to let girls take on each other," he adds. But unconventional, funny, bitchy or edgy, will the one-hour format hold audience's attention? Since the show will bring out the unknown side of the actors' personality, Fazila is confident that it will keep viewers glued to their TV sets. Jay also doesn't doubt the show's potential to grab eyeballs. "Women will enjoy it thoroughly," he feels. According to Urvashi, the format is a sure-shot hit. "Not only women but men will also love it. Who doesn't like to see beautiful faces and good bodies having fun?" she asks. Well, for eyeballs you don't need only beautiful faces and shapely bodies, but compelling content as well.

Edited by Armu4eva - 31 July 2010 at 3:43am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-Nadaan--raiAasma-.Alluring.kasuuuu-MadRaginiFan-manasi_31YusBee

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Catfight gets real on TV: Ragz *pic*" in Sasural Genda Phool forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

YusBee

IF-Sizzlerz

YusBee

Posted: 31 July 2010 at 7:46am | IP Logged
Its 14 of August and not 7Wink

.Alluring.

IF-Dazzler

.Alluring.

Posted: 31 July 2010 at 11:43am | IP Logged
oh i love Ragini's dress here Embarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

YusBee