Starryskies
Starryskies

Posted: 07 February 2005 at 10:48pm | IP Logged
Star objects to Sony faces
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   February 8, 2005

Shaheen Parkar
Jassi (Mona Singh)
Jassi (Mona Singh) of Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin, Abhay (Anuj Saxena) of Kkusum, Tania/ Nisha (Nausheen Ali Sardar) of KalCchakra and Kareena (Kulraj Kaur) of Kareena Kareena were supposed to be a part of the HELP telethon concert held in the city on Sunday.

The event, in aid of tsunami victims, was at the MMRDA grounds. It was a joint effort between the Film & Television Producers Guild, major TV channels and event management companies.

Though basically a Bollywood event with A list stars performing, it was to include short presentations by the TV stars. But a day before the show, the small screen stars were told that they would not be on stage.

Abhay (Anuj Saxena) of Kkusum
It is reliably learnt that Star Plus objected to Abhay and Jassi's combination on stage because they are Sony's faces from two popular shows. It would spell more hype for their serials. As a result, the entire TV stars segment was axed from the show.

Says Saxena, "I was invited to present a segment in the concert. For me, it was a matter of pride and prestige, to be a part of such a concert along with the entire film industry. I was told Jassi would be the co-presenter with me.

However, little did I realise that even a charity concert for a cause like this could get politicised. I was surprised to know that my presentation  had been cancelled as apparently certain objections were raised by a certain channel and certain people.

Kareena
(Kulraj Kaur)
They felt I was being projected as the lead star of a top show of another top channel. I respect the decision of the organisers of the show and I don't have any ill feelings towards the entire issue." Jassi, too, was likewise approached and later asked not to be part of the show.

When asked about her role in the concert, Nausheen says, "I was asked initially to present a segment on stage but later I was told that there would be no TV stars."

Nausheen Sardar Ali (KalCchakra)
Adds Kaur, "When they approached me, I was greatly excited by the event. But I could not be part of the show as I was shooting till late that night." Ironically, STAR, Sony, Doordarshan, TV Today, NDTV, MTV, SAB TV, Zoom, CNBC worked with each other to create 'One Channel. One Voice' for the concert.

When asked to comment on the non-participation of the TV stars, the channels preferred not to comment. Interestingly, Sony was unaware of the development.

The TV stars had been approached by the events company, Cineyug. It is also learnt, that with several channels participating, it was decided not to project popular faces from only a certain channel.

fairy_tale Senior Member
fairy_tale
fairy_tale

Posted: 07 February 2005 at 10:54pm | IP Logged
thx for the article.. hmm interesting
Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 07 February 2005 at 11:07pm | IP Logged
 Even the hype that has evidently surrounded 'kavyanjali' on star plus reeks of cheap publicityDead
dolly1211 Goldie
dolly1211
dolly1211

Posted: 08 February 2005 at 2:09am | IP Logged
Dead Dead
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top