Book Talk

Crazy Creative Book Club ~ Smarties JOIN IN! (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 11

-Ravjot-

IF-Veteran Member

-Ravjot-

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 17 August 2010 at 10:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Perfangel5655

1. Did you get a reading list for school? NopeBig smile I've never gotten a list now that I thnk about itErmm

2. What did you read this summer ? Read the Percy Jackson series cuz I got boredLOL And The Mortal Instruments. I read two there books too but I don't remember what the names were. And then I when I couldn't find anything else I read mangaLOL

3. What do you plan to read in the near future? Books would be goodLOL

4. What was the last book you really loved? Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns

5. All time favorite book? KR and ATSS =)

7. Pick a book you absolutely like or absolutely dislike and give us a detailed analysis. (yes it can be 3-4 lines) I think you mean #6LOL Um....I remember there was a book I disliked, but I dont remember the name right now. So I is just gonna skip this questionBig smile 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Crazy Creative Book Club ~ Smarties JOIN IN! (Page 5)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

missindia26

IF-Rockerz

missindia26

Posted: 17 August 2010 at 10:37am | IP Logged
1. Did you get a reading list for school?
All my English Literature stuff:
Wuthering Heights (I was really surprised to find that I loved this, the story was really emotional Big smile)
Frankenstein
Paradise Lost (really not looking forward to that Confused)
2. What did you read this summer ?
Wuthering Heights
I Heart New York
Wives and Girlfriends
Salem Falls

3. What do you plan to read in the near future?
The Kite Runner
P.S. I Love You

4. What was the last book you really loved?
The Lovely Bones by Alice Seabold
It's not particularly complicated but it's just so sweetly told and I found it really emotional Cry

5. All time favorite book?
I can never answer this LOL

Tomiko

IF-Sizzlerz

Tomiko

Posted: 17 August 2010 at 1:09pm | IP Logged

I hate guidelines so I'm just going to go for it.LOL

I'm currently reading the Sookie Stackhouse novels (True Blood for TV buffs). The show just puts me off but I'm loving the series at the moment!Big smile

I'm also alternating it between the Gallagher Girls books.  Almost finished book 1 and it's not bad, if a little young for me.

I also have a soft spot for romances so waiting to get my hands on a Julia Quinn!Blushing

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Perfangel5655

Perfangel5655

IF-Sizzlerz

Perfangel5655

Posted: 17 August 2010 at 2:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tomiko

I hate guidelines so I'm just going to go for it.LOL

I'm currently reading the Sookie Stackhouse novels (True Blood for TV buffs). The show just puts me off but I'm loving the series at the moment!Big smile

I'm also alternating it between the Gallagher Girls books.  Almost finished book 1 and it's not bad, if a little young for me.

I also have a soft spot for romances so waiting to get my hands on a Julia Quinn!Blushing

aah!! No way!! Julia Quinn!!
Where have you been. I searched through almost all book topics to see if anyone else on IF liked Julia Quinn Embarrassed

Perfangel5655

IF-Sizzlerz

Perfangel5655

Posted: 17 August 2010 at 2:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chhilt

Oh question for Perfangel :) Have you read Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky? I've heard it's supposed to be really good and since you like Russian lit, I thought I'd ask :)

My sister bought the book for her boyfriend. I started on it but never finished it as she had to give it to him Unhappy

chhilt

pomegranate

IF-Dazzler

pomegranate

Posted: 18 August 2010 at 12:07am | IP Logged

Did you get a reading list for school? nope

2. What did you read this summer? I was on vacation for half the summer but managed to read linger by Maggie stiefvater and Raised by wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes.

3. What do you plan to read in the near future? Oh I want to read so many books that I'm losing track of them. Here are some from my to read list

-last sacrifice(vampire academy 6) by richelle mead

Mockingjay(hunger games 3) by suzanne collins

Personal demons by lisa desrochers

Paranormalcy by kiersten white

The morganville vampires series by rachel caine

There are so many others I can't even remember. You have to visit my goodreads page to see them all

Shade by jeri smith ready

Hmmm… if it was all time fave series, then I would've said Vampire academy but since it's a book, then it has to be shiver by maggie stiefvater

7. Pick a book you absolutely like or absolutely dislike and give us a detailed analysis. (yes it can be 3-4 lines)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

chhiltisomers

-Rinki-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Rinki-

Posted: 18 August 2010 at 4:23am | IP Logged
1. Did you get a reading list for school? = Naah :P

2. What did you read this summer ? = Oh oh I read

#. The kite runner
#. The white tiger
#. The last song
#. The idiot
#. P.S I love you ( for the 8th time) LOL
#. The vampire diaries
#. Sherlock Holmes
#. Percy Jackson series

Midnight sun
Deathly Hallows [ Cant believe i haven't read it] LOL
A thousand splendid suns

Kite runner, Breaking Dawn, P.S I love you

Kite runner.

Edited by Pari_Rinki - 18 August 2010 at 4:25am

chhilt

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 18 August 2010 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
1. Did you get a reading list for school?
Nope.

2. What did you read this summer ?
Chosen - The House of Night, Tough times never last but tough People Do - Robert S. Schuller and Pride and Prejudice, for the third time. Embarrassed

The Girl next Door - Elizabeth Noble and the Last song - Nicholas Sparks

Tough Times never last but tough People Do, it's really inspiring and all you sadistic people MUST give it a try! :)

Pride and Prejudice, without a doubt. Embarrassed

7. Pick a book you absolutely like or absolutely dislike and give us a detailed analysis. (yes it can be 3-4 lines)
There's no such book that I have ever disliked but all my Math textbooks. LOL

I ABSOLUTELY like the classic, Pride and Prejudice. It was the first romantic novel I read. I was in class seven then, a year back that is and after that, there was no looking back . . I read the same book thrice and tried all the other Jane Austen ventures (almost). I love the scenario of the story and the simple and meaningful words that Ms. Austen had used. The book had every sort of character at it's very BEST and the protagonist, Elizabeth is one such character who in bits and peaces can relate to every other girl. Embarrassed

Edited by -Kanky- - 18 August 2010 at 1:22pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top