Book Talk

Crazy Creative Book Club ~ Smarties JOIN IN! (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 11

TazzyA

Goldie

TazzyA

Posted: 14 August 2010 at 7:54pm | IP Logged
heyya yaar i hope you dont mind that i joined, but i am a total Bookaholic  Big smile i adore reading books, currently i am reading a true stroy called Damaged by Cathy Glass, it is based on how this young girl was taken into a foster home and thanks to love of her foster mother she was able to pick up the pieces of her shattered life Big smile. some of my fave books, are the twilight series, the Darren Shan Vampire Series, And the Morganville Vampire series Big smile Xxx

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Crazy Creative Book Club ~ Smarties JOIN IN! (Page 4)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

TazzyA

Goldie

TazzyA

Posted: 14 August 2010 at 8:02pm | IP Logged
1. Did you get a reading list for school?
No lol
2. What did you read this summer ?
-> Winter's End - John Rickards
Damaged - Cathy Glass
3. What do you plan to read in the near future?
The Next Morganville Vampire Book, and Poison By Sue Mayfield
4. What was the last book you really loved?
Twilight series
5. All time favorite book?
Morganville Series By Rachel Caine
And Darren Shan Vampire Series By Darren Shan
7. Pick a book you absolutely like or absolutely dislike and give us a detailed analysis. (yes it can be 3-4 lines)
-> The book i most disliked was kenzuke's Kingdom By Michael Morpurgo, simply because i thought the plot was baseless.

QH_DDEJ_Fan

IF-Stunnerz

QH_DDEJ_Fan

Crazy Creative Baby

Posted: 15 August 2010 at 12:36am | IP Logged

currently reading: none

I completed : Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
                        The Color of Water - James McBride

The last book that I really loved : Kite Runner

All time favourite book : Kite Runner

..-..Riya..-..

IF-Dazzler

..-..Riya..-..

Posted: 15 August 2010 at 7:57am | IP Logged
1. Did you get a reading list for school? Nope. Tongue

2. What did you read this summer ? Umm, let's see. I think I read four Mills & Boons novels, Faces in the Water by Ranjit Lal, Love Story by Erich Segal, Man, Woman and Child by Erich Segal, A walk to remember by Nicholas Spark, Twilight by Stephenie Meyer and As you like it by William Shakespeare. LOL

3. What do you plan to read in the near future? Anything and everything I get my hands on! Embarrassed LOL I am currently reading New Moon and after I finish it, I'll start Eclipse and then Breaking Dawn. Then I want to read Oliver's Story by Erich Segal, Emma by Jane Austen, Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen, Vampire Diaries by L.J Smith, The Host by Stephenie Meyer, Dear John by Nicholas Spark and the list goes on and on and on! ROFL

4. What was the last book you really loved? TWILIGHT! Embarrassed And LOVE STORY definitely, I cried buckets when I came to the last chapter. The story's heart-wrenching and leaves you weeping like a kid. Smile

5. All time favorite book? I'll have to name not one but four. LOL Little Women & Good Wives make one. Then, P.S I love you, Love Story and the Twilight Saga. Though I am not finished with the Twilight Saga yet but the way I'm proceeding with the books and falling in love with it, I'm sure it's going to be counted in my list of favourites! Embarrassed LOL

spiritcrimson

IF-Sizzlerz

spiritcrimson

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 15 August 2010 at 8:10am | IP Logged

What did you read this summer ?
-I read P.S I love you by Cecelia Ahern. It was truly an amazing book. Loved it a lot <3, and I also read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (AGAINLOL)
 What do you plan to read in the near future?
-The secret
-Wuthering Heights

What was the last book you really loved?
-P.S I love you <3
 All time favorite book?
-Love Story by Erich Segal, P.S I love you, and the Harry Potter series <3
7. Pick a book you absolutely like or absolutely dislike and give us a detailed analysis. (yes it can be 3-4 lines)
- Breaking Dawn. I absolutely detested it. I just feel, the whole idea of Jacob imprinting on Bella's daughter, or actually, the whole of Breaking dawn, it was horrible.Thumbs Down

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kashev..-..Riya..-..

-Premeena-

Goldie

-Premeena-

Posted: 15 August 2010 at 8:23am | IP Logged
heey well.. im in love with books by nicholas sparks..
 the notebook
message in a bottle
the choice
at first sight
all his books are amazing..!!!!

twilight series is amazing too... by stephanie meyer
shopaholic series is wooww.. by sophie kinsella

JK rowling is also spectacular...
I AM ALSO IN LOVE WITH DAN BROWN..!!!

and KITE RUNNER AND A THOUSAND SPLENDID SUNS  BY KHALID HOSSEINI IS ANOTHER MUST READ..!!

sorry i a bookaholic...lol:P

books i disliked
- the sad truh about happiness-- never read it gosh.. u r going to be dayyum depresses...lol:P

happy reading...=)

prettywomen22

IF-Dazzler

prettywomen22

Posted: 16 August 2010 at 2:28am | IP Logged
1. Did you get a reading list for school?
No

2. What did you read this summer ?
Jeffrey

3. What do you plan to read in the near future?
Sci-Fi

4. What was the last book you really loved?
??

5. All time favorite book?
Many, but pricess of saudi arabia really moved me

Arwen.

IF-Sizzlerz

Arwen.

Posted: 16 August 2010 at 7:54am | IP Logged
hmm books i have read and loved... that is a loooonng list Smile many of these i read within this year and not just this summer LOLand consists of novels  from both classics and popular contemporary fiction Smile

1. Twilight in Delhi by Ahmed Ali
setting is early 20th century ..the first decade i think... a beautiful tale of what was and will never be again.

2. City of Djinns by William Darylmple
non-fiction ... stories from different strata of delhi society ... be it the British lady who lived and left at partition or the ones who stayed behind... the past and the present .. all amalgamated here Smile

3. River of Fire by Qurat-ul-Ain Haider
epicClap

5. A Case of Exploding Mangoes by Mohd Hanif
very witty and ironic. a (fictionalized) take of Pakistani President Zia's assassinationLOLLOL

6. Taboo: The Hidden Culture of a Red Light Area by Dr. Fouzia Saeed
non-fiction but given a narrative form ... a never seen before view of Heera Mandi ... the red light district of Lahore ... the culture here is a total subversion of the culture in say rest of the city .. I mean here women pray for daughters and think god is punishing them if a son is bornShocked .... never knew that ... an absolutely fascinating read Smile .. though be warned .. it got a little preachy right at the end ...and oh it includes all aspects of this area .. the musicians for instance

okay .. what else did i read and liked ...Ermm Cant remember any more about this area LOLLOL However i m planning to read ...
1. The Kite Runner and 2. A Thousand Splendid Suns Smile and I want to read all the novels by Kamila Shamsie ... Kartography being the first one on that list LOL

what i absolutely regret reading LOL
Buddha of Suburbia by Hanif Kureshi .. a British Asian writer .. i hated this novel

When it comes to Western literature ...

1. Mayor of Casterbridge by Thomas Hardy
in my opinion the only Thomas Hardy novel worth reading ... had to read Tess for an assignment and I ended up hating it bcos the Tess's misery really went OTT towards the end ....

2. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen ...
a bit on the wacky side actually which is why i loved it i suppose LOLLOL

3. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
hmm ...its a romance but social realism also comes in the picture here ... setting is a north English Industrial town and Gaskell brought forth the abject misery of the workers in these cotton mills ... loved the hero btw .. John Thornton Day Dreaming
if interested a BBC short series (short as in only 4 hrs long LOL) on this novel has been uploaded on Youtube ... i ended up watching that first and than reading the novel LOL

4. Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys
Jean Rhys was a Caribbean writer ... this novel .. she wrote it as a prequel to Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre. It is the story of Bertha Mason ... her life and marriage to Rochester ... loved it Smile

5. Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
actually it is African Literature ,...anyway .. loved this one Smile setting is an African tribe ..

Novelist i would love to read .. Gabriel Garcia Marquez ... want to read A Hundred Years of Solitude and Autumn of the Patriarch

One novel which i didnt like though everyone else in the world seems to love it Embarrassed
Gone with the Wind  .. i loved Rhett Butler Day Dreaming... but Scarlett irritated me like anything ... i ended up throwing the novel away in frustration .... i had only finished half of it but havent bothered going back to it ...

One novel which is only recommended for those suffering from insomnia
The Conservationist by Nadine Gordimer .... i wouldnt be surprised if no one else has heard of the novel or the novelist ... read it as part of my literature course ... hated it .. and i hated it not bcos i was forced to read it but bcos it was utter crap LOL ...

Popular Fiction...
2. A Time to Kill, and the Street Lawyer John Grisham
3. Day of the Jackal, The Negotiator and Fist of God by Fredrick Forsyth .... this guy is in the adventure thriller genre .. loved these three ... i mean with the Negotiator ... i wasnt able to fugure out the culprit(s) till the end ..LOL
4. Kane and Abel,  Sons of Fortune Jeffrey Archer ....
these novels spam decades and generations ... and i loved themSmile
5. Beauvallet,  Arabella, The Grand Sophy,  Venetia, by Georgette Heyer
a note for those reading Georgette Heyer ... stay away from her novels with historical setting (only Beauvallet was good in that genre) her Regencies are the best LOL

Want to read AtonementSmile

and oh All Time Favorite ... other than Harry Potter series LOL ...will have to be ... ermm ... The Alchemist Embarrassed

Edited by Arwen... - 16 August 2010 at 9:36am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DUGGUlicious

Post Reply New Post

Go to top