Laagi Tujhse Lagan

All Discussion on MYNM here || 2 Latest promos Pg 37 (Page 33)

Post Reply New Post

Page 33 of 39

nazia.icycool

IF-Dazzler

nazia.icycool

Posted: 23 August 2010 at 1:41pm | IP Logged

article--On Deadly Ground

Indian television, in its experimental phase, bends towards paranormal activities to garner viewership
In a country like India, where grandma's spooky tales and ghost stories are a narrative tradition, and where the afterlife is a frequently discussed topic, it was rather surprising that Indian television channels had not cashed in enough on our beliefs. Besides, a sprinkling of fiction horror shows, no one really delved into the mystifying world of paranormal activities. The launch of Mano Ya Na Mano a couple of years ago did set the pace, but when it quickly went off air, channels continued with their tried and tested formula of daily soaps and reality shows. But with The Chair on UTV Bindass and Mano Ya Na Mano 2 on Star One, general entertainment channels are finally thinking out of the box and in the bargain, plan to dish out something unusual, and yet entertaining.

Although the first season of MYNM, a programme that showcased strange, at times unbelievable stories of people and places, was liked by the audience, the show couldn't continue for a long time because of the lack of stories, says Nikhil Mirchandani, business head, Star One. "It is all factual, but we fictionalise a bit to show it to the viewers. After a host of episodes, we need to find new stories so that people would be keen to watch. We cannot manufacture these stories. We had to take it off air in order to scout for more stories before getting it back," he confirms.

While MYNM 2 will continue to enthrall the audience with weird facts, UTV Bindass on its part will soon be launching a horror reality show. It's first-of-its kind reality show where 13 daring individuals tread unchartered territory in haunted locations across India and connect with the dead. With so many different stories to tell one wonders why there is a dearth of shows like these on our channels. "This genre is very difficult to produce. All depends on the treatment. Many people have tried getting into this space, but few have succeeded," says Nikhil Gandhi, business head, UTV Bindass. Mirchandani seconds his thought. "There is always a fear of sensationalizing such stories. So you have to be very careful and not hurt the sentiments of the people involved or those watching."

Research too plays a major role in shows like these, where a lot of time needs to be spent verifying facts, talking to locals, getting to know the history etc. "They are very personal stories of people or sometimes places. So you need to have a crystal clear picture about everything and everyone associated with it before you show it to the viewers," says Amrita Kak, creative head, MYNM 2. "And these should be stories that give a flavour of India, so that even people abroad get a feel of our culture." For audiences too, shows like these build interest because of its unpredictable nature. "When you are watching a horror serial you know more or less what to expect, but a reality show is always more intriguing," says Swati Ahuja, a banker.

Besides arousing interest, shows like these can also encourage debate. "Shows like The Chair at least give you something to think about," says Meiyang Chang, anchor of the show. "People like me from a medical background will always look for scientific proof, whereas there may be people who believe in ghosts and afterlife," he says. Also the biggest challenge for a show like this is to find the right participants. "You cannot put someone's life in trouble. Even before we zeroed in on the contestants we conducted medical examination on them. We even have a psychic who will be present at all times to help the contestants," confirms Chang.

The two shows will undoubtedly bring a novel concept to India, but their presence on two of India's youth channels is what surprises us. "It is the youth who is most interested in shows like these. The older audience already have a lot of programmes that gel with their sensibilities. If we have to get the youth back we have to show interesting concepts," feels Mishal Raheja, the anchor of MYNM2. Gandhi too believes that horror is something that has intrigued the youth. "It's an ideal situation then that a youth channel is broadcasting a show dealing with the supernatural."

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Ritz-Dew-dropRoyalLEO_KrrishPrincess_Priya1-Huma-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "All Discussion on MYNM here || 2 Latest promos Pg 37 (Page 33)" in Laagi Tujhse Lagan forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

RoyalLEO_Krrish

IF-Sizzlerz

RoyalLEO_Krrish

Posted: 23 August 2010 at 8:52pm | IP Logged
@ Nazia: Supper! thanks for sharing the article!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nazia.icycool

-Ritz-

IF-Rockerz

-Ritz-

Posted: 23 August 2010 at 10:15pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing Nazia. Hug

Are we ever going to get Mano Ya Na Mano forum.Confused I'm still waiting........

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nazia.icycoolRoyalLEO_Krrish

RoyalLEO_Krrish

IF-Sizzlerz

RoyalLEO_Krrish

Posted: 23 August 2010 at 10:28pm | IP Logged
Still waiting dear! I think they want more ppl asking for the forum! and we have few req. for MYNM! need more ppl to ask for it to make Forum!

nazia.icycool-Ritz-

-Ritz-

IF-Rockerz

-Ritz-

Posted: 24 August 2010 at 5:11pm | IP Logged
Wow guys I guess we are going to get MYNM forum. EmbarrassedI think IF is still setting it up.

check out this link: http://www.india-forums.com/tv-show/673/mano-ya-na-mano-2/

nik_itanazia.icycoolDew-dropRoyalLEO_Krrish-Huma-

nik_ita

Goldie

nik_ita

Posted: 25 August 2010 at 3:47am | IP Logged

Just found an Article guys !!

I can't copy Irrfan: Mishal Raheja

Popular as Dutta Bhau, Mishal Raheja will be seen hosting Mano Ya Na Mano Season 2, a reality show with true stories based on strange facts and interesting people.

"I have discovered abundant talent and different things around India which I never expected in villages. Every story will surprise the audience, the scariest was "khoon ke aasu", in which a girl had blood flowing from her eyes as tears," he reveals.

Will Dutta Bhau's popularity add to Mano Ya Mano's TRPs? "I just wish it does, it will good for my show," he says.

From a daily soap to a reality show, how difficult was it? "Initially it was difficult because in a daily soap we don't look into the camera whereas an anchor needs to constantly look into the camera," says Mishal. "I believe as an actor you should be ready for hard work and adjustment."

Mishal, who is both excited and nervous about the show, says "Though we have just shot two episodes so far, the journey and experience has been fantastic." When asked if he is scared, he says, "Not at all, we are only telling stories. Since childhood I have been going to Goa with my grandparents and have been hearing about ghosts and paranormal activities," he reminisces.

The best moment? "This is my first show as an anchor and when my director and producer appreciated me for my first shot, I was on cloud nine. Mano Ya Na Mano is a dream come true."

Did he watch the previous seasons of the show? "Yes I did but I can't copy Irrfan Khan because the audience always looks forward to new things. I learnt sincerity, dedication and hard work from him."

Any Bollywood plans? He laughs, "Just waiting for some good opportunities."

Fatima82nazia.icycoolDew-dropPrincess_Priya1RoyalLEO_Krrish

nazia.icycool

IF-Dazzler

nazia.icycool

Posted: 25 August 2010 at 5:25am | IP Logged

ARTICLE---MYNM ssn 2 with mishal...
its raining articles guys..mishal is getting so popular!! *woot woot*

Mishal Raheja popular for his role in 'Laagi Tujhse Lagan' is looking forward to his work in 'Mano Ya Na Mano Season 2' that showcased on Star One. The reality show featuring true stories will cover different awe inspiring strange incidents and facts all across India from different places that will leave the viewers absolutely dumb struck.

The anchor cum actor revealed that this journey he undertook across the country because of this show has left him at such a point where he never expected to see such things in places like small villages. As for his personal favorite, the one story which was the scariest for him was that of the girl who cries tears of blood. Mishal was also asked by media whether if his popularity as Dutta Bhau would add the TRP value of the show to which he replied gleefully that he hopes it does.

He also talked about his career that started as an actor and now since he is an anchor, the journey from one point to another has been no less than a challenge for him as he had to directly face the camera and connect with the viewers on one to one basis which is all pretty different from acting in a soap opera. But Mishal is happy about his hard work and adjustment that he has achieved as an actor.

Mishal has until now shot two episodes of the show and when he was asked about whether all this was scary his quickly replied back that there is nothing to be scared of as the team of this show is only unraveling the story. The previous show season had Irfan Khan as the host who has been a great inspiration for Mishal. He said, "I learnt sincerity, dedication and hard work from him."

Fatima82Princess_Priya1

Princess_Priya1

IF-Sizzlerz

Princess_Priya1

Posted: 28 August 2010 at 8:29am | IP Logged
Thanxk fro the artcle guys nikii and nazia...............WAITING FOR TONIGHT!.................Mishaal dekhney ko milegaa woh bhii violet shirt wow..............EmbarrassedHeart

nik_itaRoyalLEO_Krrish

Post Reply New Post

Go to top