Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

khushix thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 13 years ago

^^thanks for the promo...he's lookin cute there..πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

I have uploaded the first epi.. just Mishal's hosting parts..

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O83a9_Noeno[/YOUTUBE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O83a9_Noeno
zeekaytg thumbnail
awesome .................................
taherav thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nishtha

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† trust me am not here to have an agrument...nd will agree with everything as MR is indeed an awesome actor and looks witty intellegent too, which is a must for an actor to be successful.So he does have all the ingredients to excel in the tellydom.πŸ‘πŸΌ saying this without an iota of doubt...πŸ‘

Now coming back to MYNM i think the weakest link about his personality is his voice which is very shrill and boyish, while to be a successful host your voice should be huskier and  should sound mature.Which he is lacking at the moment...about his hosting techniques, i think he is moving alot and trying to act after every word and want to put more expressions, which isnt required that much. And no need to emphasis certain words let it come and flow naturally which will be better .Just my opinion.😊 

hey nishtha..u know i didn't get a chance to watch both the episodes because my brother wanted to watch stupid cricket test matches (how borrriiing!!!!) but did manage to catch a glimpse of him and u r rite...he does try to over emphasise on words and puts too much body language to the scripts...he shud just speak naturally and let the actual story do the talking...like dean cain who hosts ripley's believe it or not....he just talks normally and naturally and lets the stories create the desired effect on the viewers.. (btw i may be wrong but i think MNYM is an indian version of ripley's believe it or not...rite?)
taherav thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Dew-drop

U saw the show ....
my family was watching uttaran maha epi again ...

hey dew drop so what exactly happened in the maha episode?? i don't watch uttaran at all but yeh maha epi ka ad dekh dekh kar cudn't help asking!!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
lol i know this is just a MNYNM discussion thread??
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Hey guys...MR fanclub is now up on indya.com. Do join in and also give ur feedback:
http://fanclub.indya.com/FansExpress.aspx?cid=279

Note...this the official channel fan club so its one of the best ways to give fb straight to star one.
sub_rosa thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: ZubyDutta

<div>
I thought the complete opposite.Anchoring came very naturally to him. After the fierce Dutta Bhau I was pleasantly surprised to see him so poised. His voice modulation was perfect.I see some veteran actors shrill embarrasinglywhen it comes to this type of shows but Mishal proved himself a pro.His voice is one to diefor!Ask any LTL lady & u'll get all sort of adjectives that'll make u blush.πŸ˜³πŸ˜†And no I don't think he moved much at all. As for the last comment the subject of the first episode was a bit painful it was necessary to emphasize certain words to convey the shock & anguish. Mishal did a commendable job for a first timer as an anchor.

And he was better in the second episode! I think we should give him a little time to get accustomed to this new set-up...and then judge his performance!
Dew-drop thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I wonder if we will ever get the MYNM forum ....πŸ˜†
nazia.icycool thumbnail

article--On Deadly Ground

Indian television, in its experimental phase, bends towards paranormal activities to garner viewership
In a country like India, where grandma's spooky tales and ghost stories are a narrative tradition, and where the afterlife is a frequently discussed topic, it was rather surprising that Indian television channels had not cashed in enough on our beliefs. Besides, a sprinkling of fiction horror shows, no one really delved into the mystifying world of paranormal activities. The launch of Mano Ya Na Mano a couple of years ago did set the pace, but when it quickly went off air, channels continued with their tried and tested formula of daily soaps and reality shows. But with The Chair on UTV Bindass and Mano Ya Na Mano 2 on Star One, general entertainment channels are finally thinking out of the box and in the bargain, plan to dish out something unusual, and yet entertaining.

Although the first season of MYNM, a programme that showcased strange, at times unbelievable stories of people and places, was liked by the audience, the show couldn't continue for a long time because of the lack of stories, says Nikhil Mirchandani, business head, Star One. "It is all factual, but we fictionalise a bit to show it to the viewers. After a host of episodes, we need to find new stories so that people would be keen to watch. We cannot manufacture these stories. We had to take it off air in order to scout for more stories before getting it back," he confirms.

While MYNM 2 will continue to enthrall the audience with weird facts, UTV Bindass on its part will soon be launching a horror reality show. It's first-of-its kind reality show where 13 daring individuals tread unchartered territory in haunted locations across India and connect with the dead. With so many different stories to tell one wonders why there is a dearth of shows like these on our channels. "This genre is very difficult to produce. All depends on the treatment. Many people have tried getting into this space, but few have succeeded," says Nikhil Gandhi, business head, UTV Bindass. Mirchandani seconds his thought. "There is always a fear of sensationalizing such stories. So you have to be very careful and not hurt the sentiments of the people involved or those watching."

Research too plays a major role in shows like these, where a lot of time needs to be spent verifying facts, talking to locals, getting to know the history etc. "They are very personal stories of people or sometimes places. So you need to have a crystal clear picture about everything and everyone associated with it before you show it to the viewers," says Amrita Kak, creative head, MYNM 2. "And these should be stories that give a flavour of India, so that even people abroad get a feel of our culture." For audiences too, shows like these build interest because of its unpredictable nature. "When you are watching a horror serial you know more or less what to expect, but a reality show is always more intriguing," says Swati Ahuja, a banker.

Besides arousing interest, shows like these can also encourage debate. "Shows like The Chair at least give you something to think about," says Meiyang Chang, anchor of the show. "People like me from a medical background will always look for scientific proof, whereas there may be people who believe in ghosts and afterlife," he says. Also the biggest challenge for a show like this is to find the right participants. "You cannot put someone's life in trouble. Even before we zeroed in on the contestants we conducted medical examination on them. We even have a psychic who will be present at all times to help the contestants," confirms Chang.

The two shows will undoubtedly bring a novel concept to India, but their presence on two of India's youth channels is what surprises us. "It is the youth who is most interested in shows like these. The older audience already have a lot of programmes that gel with their sensibilities. If we have to get the youth back we have to show interesting concepts," feels Mishal Raheja, the anchor of MYNM2. Gandhi too believes that horror is something that has intrigued the youth. "It's an ideal situation then that a youth channel is broadcasting a show dealing with the supernatural."

RoyalLEO_Krrish thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@ Nazia: Supper! thanks for sharing the article!
-Ritz- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for sharing Nazia. πŸ€—

Are we ever going to get Mano Ya Na Mano forum.πŸ˜• I'm still waiting........