10 tips for improving client loyalty in your salon....
Below are some ideas that can be implemented into your
salon, to start growing client loyalty straight away;
- Follow up after the first visit with a thank you
message, offer or gift.
- Create a VIP event and invite your
loyal customers into the salon to be pampered.
- Ask your existing clients to recommend a friend,
reward both your client and their friend with a small gift or offer,
once the referral client has established an appointment.
- Create a points system in your salon
where customers can gain reward dollars against their salon spend. These
points can then be redeemed for set items.
- Create a new client loyalty card,
offering unique rewards on each visit to the salon for a set number of
- Reward clients unexpectedly, this could
be as simple as offering to provide a complementary treatment at the
basin. This is a nice way of saying 'thank you'!
- Communicate with your clients outside
of their scheduled appointments. This will keep your business top of
mind and ensure they return sooner rather then later.
- Find out what clients want. Create a customer
feedback form to find out more information about what your
clients really want. Collate the data and see where you may be able to
implement new services or products, or improve current systems in your
- Win back any clients that have not been
back to the salon in the past 3-6months. It's not too late to regain
- Be visible as the salon owner and refer
your loyal clients to another staff member if their regular
hairdressers is no longer available.
If would like more information or would like to add your experiences on what you have found to be successful in your salon I would love to see your reply.