Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
I feel Karan shld move the release dates to 2 weeks after Dabangg. Agree WAK will be a great film but I am sure it will have better business if released solo rather than against Dabang that too during Eid time.
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Can someone explain to me the big deal about releasing films during "special occasions" liek Eid or Diwali?

rhea_6 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I don't like how it is being projected to be a competition, a case abt one upmanship.. This VS that!!  Choose 1!

Too much negativity. Hope the good film works.N there have been quite a few times when 2 films released together have done well. Look at Lagaan n Gadar etc...

It should be a healthy thing. Anyway, I am sure Salman himself will come out n say "Watch WAF" like he has done so many times even last year he did the same when DBH n Wanted released.
Edited by rhea_6 - 13 years ago
desigal90 thumbnail
I truly hope both films work Rhea
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: desigal90

Can someone explain to me the big deal about releasing films during "special occasions" liek Eid or Diwali?

I feel its just a hype the producers and distributors keep creating saying Eid release, Diwali release. The media than keeps adding to the hype.
desigal90 thumbnail
Exactly...seriously what's the difference?
If anything, I dont  think my family thinks "lets watch a movie" on an occasion like Eid. Eid is all about meeting up with your friends and families, going to each other's houses, having ppl coming over. Not going to watch a film. Heck, if on Eid I said, "hey dad, you guys enjoy the people coming over, I'm gonna go check out We Are Famiy/Dabangg" in the theaters", he'd give me a lecture worth remembering.
rhea_6 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: maddy1973

I feel its just a hype the producers and distributors keep creating saying Eid release, Diwali release. The media than keeps adding to the hype.

The common perception is that during festivals people are in a happy mood and are willing to go that extra length to enjoy themselves. Plus families - cousins, uncles , aunts etc gather together and so it's always been percieved that this is a special time to release a film coz everyone wants to go n have fun/masti.
MissIffiy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
During EID people here well in the US like to go out for a movie & hang with their friends or family. & I am sure Salman will post something about WAF but Karan 110% sure he will not say one word about Dabangg. although he tweeted to Sonakshi. DABANGG HOOOO all the way 😉Edited by MissIffiy - 13 years ago
pooja_l thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
dabangg for me :)

Good luck sallu bhai