Posted: 13 years ago
Awesome update
Ur ff is awesome
Wonder what ridz said yes to
Con soon
Plz add me to Ur pm list

WON'T LET YOU FALL!!!

"I am so excited Ridzi! I always fantasized about extreme sports, and now my wish is finally coming true. And all thanks to Armaan", Anjali was extremely excited. Riddhima stood there alarmed, "Extreme Sports!!".

"Well sky diving does fall under the category of Extreme Sports Ridzi!", Atul was amused.

"And of course its all thanks to Armaan. That dude is just perfect!!", there goes Muskaan again!

Riddhima was shocked. No she was beyond shocked. She was pained!! So, she had agreed to jump out of a plane!! Oh my god! she panicked as her head started to swim. The thought itself sent shivers down her body. Nobody knew she was Acrophobic! She was scared of looking down the terrace of Sanjeevni, for god sake! How was she going to jump from a plane. But she had willingly agreed hadn't she? 'Oh god Riddhima, next time please listen to what your agreeing to!', She admonished herself. Then obviously she dumped the blame conveniently on Armaan, 'he doesn't let me think straight! that guy', she cursed him mentally! She would have to wriggle out of this spot. She couldn't possibly jump out of a plane. That would be worse than committing suicide she thought.

"Di! I don't think I can come. I am not feeling well Di!", she whined.

"Ridzi don't be stupid. Abhi tak toh tu theek thi. I know its because of Armaan that your trying to avoid this. Dekho sweety, this thing costs a bomb and Armaan's making all arrangements out of his pocket. If you dint want to come you shouldn't have agreed earlier.", Anjy was a little irritated at Riddhima's behavior. She couldn't understand what was bothering her sister about Armaan. As far as she was concerned, she loved Armaan. He was fun to hang out with and quite sweet too. He dint misbehave in any way and had this charm about him that made people around him smile. Why then was her little sister so shaken up when he was around? But no way was she going to let Riddhima wriggle out of this. Armaan had gone out of his way to make arrangements for them, and was gentleman enough to not allow them to pay for it either.

Having no choice left, Riddhima dragged herself to the entrance of the resort with everyone else where Armaan was waiting for them in a stretched Hummer. 'What a show off!!', she thought to herself and grudgingly got into the back seat with Anjy and Atul.

All the guys along with Anjy and Muskaan were extremely excited about the adventure they were about to undertake. They discussed at length how cool its going to be. "If we survive that is!!",Nikki interrupted their cool talk. 'Thank you very much! So someone was sensible enough to see through this madness', thought Riddhima, who was happy that she wasn't the only one who was mortally afraid of the stunt her friends had planned for her.

"Don't worry sweetheart! Its absolutely safe. They follow strict safety measures", Abhi tried to soothe Nikki by taking her in his arms. As soon as she was in his arms, Nikki stopped complaining. 'Arrgh' this love thing is going to kill me', thought Riddhima.

"Guys, we're here", Armaan brought to their attention that they had reached 'Doomsville', that's what Riddhima thought. They got out of the car and couldn't contain their excitement. This was a private runway which was meant only for this sport. Armaan introduced them to the pilot who was his friend and they all started suiting up. All this while, Riddhima was extremely uncomfortable and was very jumpy. She dint know what was going to happen to her. What if she fainted, what if she died!! She was scared to death, and that showed clearly in her eyes.

Armaan was watching the play of emotions on Riddhima's face. He knew that she was scared. She was clearly disturbed about it since she had gotten into the car. He had observed her through the rearview mirror and her discomfort was evident on her face. He saw how hopeful she was when Nikki had voiced her fears. He' d seen that hope drain out of her when Nikki was pacified by Abhi. Why had she agreed to come then, he wondered. But now she looked positively mortified. She looked like she'd rather kill herself than go through with this.

"Are you alright?", he asked coming close to her. She jumped, as his voice caught her off guard, "Huh!! Yeah, yeah' I am.. Uh.. Fine..." she spluttered. He was sure something wasn't right, so he pressed on, "Are you scared of heights?", he asked tactlessly. Her eyes widened in horror, confirming his doubts. "No.. No.. Of course not. I aren't scared of ' whatever.. Why am I talking to you!!", she tried acting like she was offended. But Armaan guessed that no one else knew of her fears, and she, for some reason wanted to keep it a secret.

"Ah!!", Armaan groaned in pain. The next second Riddhima found Armaan on the floor holding his leg. "What happened Armaan?", Nikki came running to check on him. "I tripped and twisted my ankle guys. Ah!.. Its aching badly. I don't think I can go sky diving with a twisted ankle. Its important that one is completely fit.", Armaan groaned again, this time a little exaggerated, "Hai na Riddhima? Main theek keh raha hoon na?", Riddhima was shocked as Armaan winked at her and signaled her to support his fib. "Haan Di, its not safe..", she agreed with Armaan. This was a shocker for everyone else, that Riddhima had acceded without any opposition or any condescending remark. "As we all have to go in pairs and the instructor cant miss this trip for your lives sake, I think one of you guys will have to give up on this adventure to make an even number.", Armaan said giving Riddhima the cue. Everyone looked disappointed. None of them wanted to give up this opportunity. But before they could say anything Riddhima spoke up, "Its ok guys, I will stay back with Armaan. Anyways I wasn't feeling up to this. I think the lunch dint agree with me."

Everyone felt sorry for her and Armaan as they would miss this awesome opportunity, but Riddhima was more than relieved. She felt like she had been saved from her impending doom. She couldn't thank Armaan enough, but dint know how to thank him. She wondered how he came to know, first of all, about her acrophobia, and why in the world, had he let go of this opportunity for her. She recollected how excited he was about this when he left the restaurant after lunch. He had gone out of his way and made all the arrangements, and then gave it up all for her. It was a little hard to digest!

"You're welcome!!", he smirked after everyone had left. Riddhima went red due to embarrassment, "Oh.. Thank you!",she said while looking at the ground. Sensing her discomfort, Armaan decided he wouldn't tease her about it. So he offered to go to the canteen and she instantly agreed.

"Armaan' who.. You know.. I mean.. How did you.. I mean.. Why did you..", Riddhima was finding it very difficult to string two words together. She had kept this, even from her family, all her life and this stranger who she had met just yesterday, knew exactly what she was going through. She somehow felt exposed.

"How did I know that you were scared of heights?", Armaan completed her question for her, "well. You should have seen your eyes. You looked like you'd seen a ghost or worse!! You were mortified Riddhima! Why doesn't anyone else know you suffer from acrophobia?", he said seriously.

Riddhima was caught in a tight spot and she knew there was no escape, "Actually I dint tell anyone. I mean, there s no need. How many times do I agree to jump out of a plane anyway!", she tried to lighten the situation.

"But at least your family should know. Anyway what s done is done! So what will you have tea or coffee?", he tried to change the topic. He was consciously trying to avoid her second question that she had meant to ask, because he himself dint have the answer to it. WHY? Why had he gone out of his way to save her from getting on that plane? Moreover why had he given up his chance. He could have just exposed her to everyone, and hoped for someone else to forego their opportunity. But for some reason, he felt that would be wrong. He dint want to hurt her. Also his friends had seemed excited about this, and he dint want to disappoint any of them, he tried convincing himself.

"Armaan", Riddhima called out to him before he could go and get coffee, "Why did you not go Armaan? You were so excited about this sky diving thingy!"

"Who kya hai na, I dint want to let go this opportunity of having coffee with a beautiful lady", he tried hiding his discomfort by flirting, which Riddhima saw through anyway, "Aur waise bhi don't think I did this for free, I will need you to pay me back for this favour, in kind of course!!", He added cheekily. But no amount of cheek was going to irritate Riddhima, he had in a way, saved her life and she felt indebted to him.

"Sure what do you want me to do?",she asked him sincerely.

"First of all, please let me get some coffee, or the canteen guy will throw us out, and secondly how about you accept my friendship. What say? Friends", he held out his hand forward.

"Of course", She accepted his hand, but he left it quickly and went off to get them coffee.

When they reached the resort, it was past dinner time and everyone was too tired to do anything. The drive back was filled with the constant chatter of Muskaan, Anjali and Atul who couldn't get over the exhilaration they had just experienced. Nikki and Abhi were so tired that they had gone off to sleep in each others arms. Finally, they had retired for the day and dumped themselves on their beds, without even bothering to change. However, sleep evaded two pairs of eyes as they stood wide open, one pair was Blue and the other Green!!

Edited by 12zephyr - 13 years ago

CONTENTS

1. Love?? At First Sight!! - pg 1
2. I Believe in Love ?? - pg 1
3. My First 'Basket'!! - pg 1
4. Can't Get Enough! - pg 2
5. Won't Let You Fall!! - pg 2
6. Analysis 101 - pg 3
7. Mind Games!! - pg 3
8. You Set Me Free!! - pg 4
9. Time Of My Life - pg 5
10. And Life Goes On... - pg 6
11. Your Call Or Mine? - pg 6
12. Somewhere I Belong.... - pg 7
13. Who Are You?? - pg 8
14. Of Friends And Foes - pg 9
15. There's Something About You! - pg 9 
16. Who's Whose?? - pg 11
17. I Caught Myself! - pg 13
18. No Getaways! - pg 14
19. Need Some Help!! - pg 15
20. One Step Forward - pg 17
21. Love Lost!... And Found!! - pg 18
22. Atul Weds Anjali! - pg 20
23. My Lonely Heart - pg 22
24. But I Love You!! - pg 24
25. But I Love You - 2!! - pg 26
26. With You.. - pg 29
27. Yeh Ishq Hayye!! - pg 31
28. A Friend In Need... - pg 33
29. ...And A Friend Indeed?? - pg 35
30. Bound For Life! - pg 37
31. Lucky Lips! - pg 40
32. All I Want Is You! - pg 43
33. Got My Eyes On You! - pg 45
34. This Love - pg 47
35. My Best Friend?? - pg 50
36. Drawing The Line - pg 52
37. Game Over - pg 54
38. Complicated Heart - pg 56
39. Back To You... - pg 58
40. In Repair... - pg 61
41. Your Love Means Everything... - pg 68
42. You and I, Both... - pg 71
43. Too Close?? - pg 75
44. Too Far... - pg 78
45. All Work.. No Play!! - pg 81
46. Punch Drunk Love!! - pg 87
47. I'm Yours... - pg 93
48. Can't Stand The Distance! - pg 100
49. When The Heart Takes Over... - pg 107
50. A Little Bit Longer... - pg 112
51. You Complete My World! - pg 117
52. On Second Thoughts... - pg 129
53. Sorry For The Interruption! - pg 134
54. Papa Jaag Jaayega!! - pg 139
55. I'm On My Way... - pg 145

Edited by 12zephyr - 13 years ago
great part. armaan is so sweet. nice to see that AR are finally friends.

update soon
 ANALYSIS 101

Armaan lay wide awake in his bed, tossing and turning. He recollected that handshake. He knew, the moment they touched, something had happened. He knew she felt it too. But what was it? Throughout the drive back, he had stolen glances at her, and he had caught her do that too. What was wrong? He felt helpless and confused as ever. What confounded him more, was the fact that he felt happy, for no rhyme or reason. He felt so contended. She was his friend now. Now, he thought, maybe things would calm down between them. Maybe what happened today was a one off incident. Hopefully, they'll be comfortable in their newfound friendship. But the feeling he got when he saw the relief on her face, the pain he felt when he saw those mortified eyes, he dint know what was happening. He just did what he felt was right. I mean, friends do that for each other right? Doesn't he protect Nikki? He tried justifying his actions to himself again and again but none satisfied him enough to let sleep take over. It had been 24 hrs since he had seen her, and he felt like he had lived a lifetime with her already. "Dude!! You're being ridiculous!!", he admonished himself aloud!

If Armaan was confused about his feelings, Riddhima couldn't stop thinking how wrong she had been about him. He was indeed a great guy. In Muskaan's words, 'He was Perfect', she thought. Remembering how he gauged her fear, when no one else had - not even her Di - she got this warm feeling inside of her. She wasn't used to being taken care of. The way he gave up his ride for her sake, and then did not make her feel uncomfortable about it, it was all so new to her. It was like he was looking out for her. But why? Maybe he s like that with everyone, she thought. Doesn't Muskaan keep saying "He's Perfect". Well now she understood why? Of all the things that he did for her that evening, she was touched by the fact, that he kept her secret, and asked only for 'Friendship' in return. Boy! Was this guy for real?!! She couldn't believe that he was the same guy whom she was annoyed with in the morning and was finding ways of vilifying him. Now she lay awake in her bed, hugging her pillow, thinking about him and smiling to herself. She was now sure that, if nothing, at least she was attracted to him. That was the only explanation to what she had felt when they shook hands. She wasn't sure if he felt it or not, but the suddenness with which he withdrew, seeded the doubt in her mind. Throughout the drive back, she had caught him stealing glances at her. She wondered what that was about! However, she was glad that they were friends now. Good for Nikki that we get along, she thought. And good for me, that I get to spend more time with Mr. Perfect, she reminded herself!! And with that passing thought, which excited her to no extent, she dozed off into a dreamy sleep!!

awesome update
aww so sweet of armaan to give up his ride for her
awesome that they are friends
con soon
heyyy dear,
awesome parts
thanks for PM.
continue soon

love
Riddss
it is very nice
plz continue soon
thnx for the pm
 MIND GAMES!!

"I love you!", he whispered in her ear. He was standing right behind her, holding her close, his arms around her waist. She could feel his body, and his warm breath. He was so close... She had her eyes closed, taking in the feeling, of being in his arms. She felt his lips brush her earlobe and a gasp left her lips. She just wanted to turn around and hide herself in his chest. But for some reason, she couldn't do it. She longed to look into those eyes, those Blue eyes… Wait! Blue eyes! She was confused now! Who was this man standing behind her? How did she get into his arms? She turned behind to look at him, and there he was with his dimpled smile and the ever so naughty crinkle in his eyes. 'Blue eyes!!', she thought, then recognizing him, she jerked herself out of his grasp, panicking!

And her eyes flew wide open!!!

"WTF!!... Was that!!", Riddhima got up panting, like she had run a mile. Her heart was throbbing like never before, and she was still confused, and looking for HIM around in her room. "Armaan!", she whispered, then realizing it was only a dream she sunk back into her bed, relaxing a little. What had just happened?, she thought. She tried replaying the dream in her head all over again and was trying to catch hold of every detail. But she found herself struggling to remember what exactly had happened. Slowly all the details were disappearing though she was frantically trying to not let go. Now, the only thing she remembered was that Armaan had been a part of her dream and that voice of his had said"I love you!", she heard that whisper again. Why was Armaan confessing his love to her in her dream? She was flabbergasted! Disgusted and embarrassed of herself,  that she saw Armaan and herself in the same Romantic frame. "Oh! No… no… no...",she got up from her bed and sat up straight! "Am I in love? With him?", she asked herself? "No… no.. God, please no… tell me this dream meant nothing at all.. Please.. Please...", she prayed.

Just then she heard a knock on the door and Muskaan entered, all ready to start a new day, "oh my God Ridzi!! You still in bed?? Kya kar rahi hai yaar? Chalo we have to go shopping today! Armaan must be waiting for us!"

Riddhima's eyes popped out of her sockets, "Kya? Armaan? Kyun? Why?... Why is HE waiting for us?", Riddhima was apprehensive to face him. No no.. She was scared! Probably even more scared than she was yesterday, when they went skydiving, she thought! How was she going to face him? Oh God!!

Muskaan watched as Riddhima's expressions changed from exasperation, to apprehension, to plain fear!, "Ridzi! Tu theek hai na? What's wrong?", she checked her forehead for any signs of fever, "And waise bhi I thought Armaan and you are Friends now!"

This got Riddhima out of her reverie. Exactly, she thought, Armaan was her friend now. And he doesn't know anything as whatever she just felt was a dream… Ya just a dream… She grinned foolishly at Muskaan "Hee… Hee… Just a dream!", and with that she walked into the washroom, leaving a very bewildered Muskaan behind!

Armaan woke up early and left for the Basketball court. That's where he always found solace, whenever he was confused or bothered. Having not slept a wink all night, he thought that a good game would take his mind off the unwanted thoughts that haunted his mind! He also secretly hoped, that  he would bump into the source of his misery, just like yesterday! But he immediately reprimanded himself for letting the thought creep into his mind. 'What is wrong with me?', he thought while shooting the ball in the basket, 'I seem to have lost control over my mind! Why is SHE troubling me so much?' As he continued shooting baskets, not missing any so far, he regained his confidence! "No man! Nothing is wrong with you! Basket is Nikki's friend, and now, your friend too!", he spoke to himself. With that settled, he played some more, and when his little friends joined him, he put his fears and apprehensions at the back of his mind and simply enjoyed the game!!

awesome!

love how you update so quick!