SIGNAL : Love me tender, Love me true!

Posted: 13 years ago

The wonderful, wonderful news of yesterday has us all in party mode! I am soooo glad that our Baba's character will come through the test of fire and poison. I was so inspired last night that I've penned, what I call, the Krishna song! Well, actually it is a Ghazal that is supposed to be in our Baba's voice. So in the Maqta (last couplet) where the poets name is supposed to be, I have used 'Baba'.

The basis for the inspiration was Baba's demand for a signal of interest. I just luuuubbbbed his old-fashioned demands for flowers on the bed and writing on the wall. It was so quaint, so crazy and soooo Baba. The first sher (couplet) is directly inspired by these demands for flowers or words.

So here's an invite to all the romantics on this forum. Come let's sing this song in old-fashioned bollywood style, while we party IF style!

For those who don't get the Urdu, I've tried a translation. But remember that it is in Baba's voice.

Koi imkaan, koi nishaan, koi ishaara tho ho

Ghazal likhen, phool mahke, jashn-e-bahaara tho ho

Let me have, a hope, a gesture, a signal

Write something, let flowers scent the air, let there be a celebration of spring/youth

Sa'at-e-deedar sa'at-e-dilrubaa bhi thi

Us shouq ghadee ka tere aankhon mein nazara tho ho

The moment our eyes met, was the moment that stole my heart

Let me see a reflection of the beautiful moment in your eyes too

Hum bhi daamaan-e-aas chhod deinge ahl-e-jahaan

Dast-e-jaana se girebaan-e-wafa para-para tho ho

I too will let go the 'daaman' of hope,  people-of-the world

Let the collar/pride of love be rent by my beloved's hands first

Aashiqon ka waastaa detein hai jahan bhar ka humein

Yun kisi ne appna jahan wara tho ho

She holds up in comparison all the lovers of this world

Would any of them have sacrificed their world like this?

Apni lachaari pe taane kastaa hai zamaana, Baba

Sanam kaho, marz-e-ishq ka koi chaara tho ho

The world taunts me for my helplessness, Baba

Darling, tell me, you must know of a cure for this sickness of love

Tell me how you like this love song!

Dyehard

Very good!!u seem to be super-talented!!!!
Thanku Hami!! don't know about the super talented bit, but will confess to being super-romantic. Hence my chosen applelation, you know! πŸ˜‰ DYEHARD
Mindblowing!!! .... Hat's off to you.... i love it so much it's so beautiful and yes it suits our baba so well !!
super-romantic..coolll!! :-) like Krishna!! :-)) but i hope ur partnet is as romatic as you,,,, :-)
and Krishna too gets see a Pratigya who is as romantic...that shud be super cool...
I was literally got bowled at the super duper chemistry this couple has,...at the very first time..
and found its not juz me...my maid who doesnt know a word in Hindi too reacted d same...few others too who are not actually the viewers of the srial!!!

and ur ankhein part was very really gud !!!

πŸ‘amazing keep penning down such lovely romantic poems

for Baba & his Meharoo

wah kya sahiri hai........whose d poet............??
Originally posted by HamiSky

super-romantic..coolll!! :-) like Krishna!! :-)) but i hope ur partnet is as romatic as you,,,, :-)
and Krishna too gets see a Pratigya who is as romantic...that shud be super cool...
I was literally got bowled at the super duper chemistry this couple has,...at the very first time..
and found its not juz me...my maid who doesnt know a word in Hindi too reacted d same...few others too who are not actually the viewers of the srial!!!

and ur ankhein part was very really gud !!!

Thanks Hami! Yeah, exactly. an equally romantic and besotted Pratigya will be a dream!
Ummeed pe duniya kaayam hai.

Hey Bela, Shefads, Sanitha,  Nisha – Thanks people!  Nice to be able to share this stuff on the forum, with people who will understand when I say that this is from a Fictional character's point of view!

Nisha, I wrote it, to express Baba's past and current states of mind!

Dyehard,
Very nice! πŸ‘πŸ‘

I also have some poetry for you. I heard this ghazal the other day
Mareez e ishq ka kya hai
Jiya Jiya na Jiya

Which is to say:
What can one say about a sufferer of love
He might live, but he might not

My version was
Mareeq-e-Ishq ka kya hai
Kriya Kriya hi Kiya