Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Ambrosia

IF-Veteran Member

Ambrosia

*CID banner Contest Winner*

Posted: 23 July 2010 at 10:27pm | IP Logged
Stephenie Meyer on R-rated Breaking Dawn
Stephenie Meyer is stepping forward in the midst of the Breaking Dawn should-it-or-should-it-not be rated R debate. And guess what she's saying? She'll be there every day to make sure the movie accurately reflects her vision as the movie's latest producer.

"It's really a lot about being...in the room," the Twilight author confides. "And it's going to be a lot of upheaval in my life, but I felt like it was important. And then also, it's the last one. So I kinda feel like, I'm going to commit to this for this year, I'll get it done, and then I won't do that again."

The suits at Summit still claim they can do the book justice without creating an R-rated movie. Producer Wyck Godfrey reveals, "I'm unwavering in my belief that these will be PG-13 movies. And really, I say that not because I know what we're shooting but because I feel that they should be. I feel like the audience of the books and the movies, many of them are under 18...I can't make an R-rated conclusion to the franchise."

Not to mention that Stephenie's Mormon faith counsels against watching R-rated movies. So she'll probably want to keep it PG-13 anyway.

The Team Edward vs. Team Jacob battle may continue on, but it's looking like Team PG-13 has it in the bag.

Source

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ROBlicious.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Stephenie Meyer on R-rated Breaking Dawn" in Twilight forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ROBlicious.

IF-Sizzlerz

ROBlicious.

Posted: 23 July 2010 at 10:50pm | IP Logged
I don't care whats its rated as long as they have some intense romance not just a kiss or make out seriously i am tired of it. Also the birth scene should be there because that's basically the main point of the book, Nessie and Bella becoming a Vamp.

Thanks Amb!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top