Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai

Ragini wants her daughters to be happy ~Article~

Audacious thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Ragini wants her daughters to be happy

History is repeating itself on STAR Plus primetime show Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai with the discrimination between fair and dark skin striking again. Earlier, Ragini was discriminated because of the colour of her skin and now its her daughter Khushi's turn. Ragini, who treats both Khushi and Tamanna equally  is finding it difficult to make Tamanna understand that one should look at the person's nature and not judge them by the colour of their skin.

Ragini said that she felt sad to see Tamanna upset. "It is sad that she is being ridiculed by her friends for not being chosen to be the fairy in a skit. I tried to make her understand that it was okay, but then she told me that she wasn't chosen because she was dark skinned and Khushi was chosen for the part instead. I missed Sadhana a lot when Tamanna told me this. While I am happy that Khushi bagged the role, I feel bad for Tammy. I need to figure out how to deal with the situation like a good mother," she says.

She adds, "I want  both my girls to be very happy. I am proud of both of them because despite instances like this, they share the same amount of love and respect between them like Sadhana and I had. Although Tamanna is happy for Khushi, she is sad for herself. I just want to tell her that it is not the skin colour that identifies the nature of a person, but it is their behavior. I'm sure my family will help me in solving this problem, the same way they did for Sadhana and me when we were young."

We asked some of Ragini's family members about the obsession with fair skin and whether people are as obsessed about it today, as they were in the past.

Malti Bhabhi said "I think there are certain remote areas in the country which still discriminate among girls based on their skin tone. We are trying our level best to stop this discrimination."

Ragini's mother Kaushalya said "Elderly people discriminate between fair and dark complexion. We have had skin colour-based discrimination for a very long time."

In the current episode, the issue of skin colour is raised again when Kavya tells Tammy that the dark dress will not suit her because she is dark. This upsets Tammy and after sometime Kaushalya nani tries to apply a face pack on Tammy's face to make her fair, but Ragini stops it. Meanwhile, Anmol gets the power of attorney from the bank manager so that it can be signed by Alekh.

What will happen when Ragini catches her daughter wearing a face pack? Will Alekh sign the power of attorney? To know, don't forget to watch Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai from Monday to Friday at 9 pm only on STAR Plus.

StarOne news
Dhanashri Kulkarni/Hill Road Media
StarOne news
Thursday, July 22, 2010

Here's the link:

http://starplus.startv.in/news/570/ragini-wants-her-daughters-to-be-happy.aspx
Edited by Audacious - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Purehearts thumbnail
Thanks, nice article.
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Nice article

Mordern day parents know what the world has in store
Older /Elderly people are still having old school of thought  and they are justified to an extent in their way !!!
ANJANA thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Thanks for the Article .Very Sweet One

SecretKhabri420 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 9
It seems like Bidaai started to promote such articles where a character or more telling something to get TRPs, they did it since the leap began, this is the 2nd article I saw like this, the Aalekh one too which was talking about Apoorva's character was kind of similar way of writting.......
Edited by temorocks - 13 years ago
sami01 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
good topic, thanks for sharing
SPN_JD_Addicted thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for the article.Noticed it after their make over that the characters seem to be saying things which is quite confusing!
Audacious thumbnail
Hey guys as you know so many members said thanks so i just decided to write them a welcome reply🤗👏
DEEENCH thumbnail
thanx.
hope ragini protect tamana from Kaushalya & nani.

SPN_JD_Addicted thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Preity_Khan

<font color="#ff0000">thanx.

hope ragini protect tamana from Kaushalya & nani.</font>

I really liked her firm answer that she gave to Kaushi.First time I guess and that effectively shut her up and Anmol's chat with Tamannna seemed to have helped a lot.