Debate Mansion

How are adolescents supposed to be treated? (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 6

Page 1 Page 5
Page   of 6

Shipra_S

IF-Rockerz

Shipra_S

Posted: 31 July 2010 at 1:13am | IP Logged
Firstly dear, it's a really good topic.Smile....
Well you have just come in your teens and am on the last stages of being a teenager, since am 19yrs old.Smile
Believe me, the journey is indeed 'Difficult'. It's not without a reason that ppl make so much hue n cry about being a teenager, since a child's brain really goes 'nuts' sometimes during this whole teenageErmm......We have to really control our selves and keep a check on our desiresErmm.......
You mentioned that example of that girl who topped the class, but later turned complete opposite.Ouch. Well to tell you truly, it's exactly what happened with me Disapprove ....I humbly admit, that i have been a very good student throughout my school life.I was always in the good books of my teachers. I was literally a 'book-worm'. But dunno when my brain started developing all that 'chemical locha' n my interest in studies started decreasing. My focus used to wander soo much!!.....I have received soo much thrashings from my parents and teachers equally!!Disapprove....And this 'confuse' age of my life has cost me ONE FULL YEAR OF WASTAGE!!!!.....'coz i had to re-drop a year to enter the medical college! Disapprove ........
And unfortunately, my parents were not that much supportive.Ouch.....They just used to compare the earlier me with the present me!! Without understanding what i was going through......They used to say,'' Pehle toh tum itna padhti thi...ab kya ho gaya hai...ab tum sooti zyada ho, aur padhti kam ho''Ouch.....Only i know how i survived that phase....
U know, i would have never known about IF had not my mind wandered soo muchLOL....IF is the discovery of my 'ill-focussed and confused brain'LOL...
I believe had my parents been a little more understanding of my situation, i would have had more courage in myself to face the challenges of teenage!!.....But like it's said that 'Active immunity is better than passive immunity'....so since i developed everything on my own, facing my own battles, i have emerged as a stronger person nowBig smile.....Teenage issues don't effect me that much now....and i am fully able to concentrate on my studies nowBig smile....

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

epiphany.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "How are adolescents supposed to be treated? (Page 6)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 31 July 2010 at 7:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Krishy_

Firstly dear, it's a really good topic.Smile....
Well you have just come in your teens and am on the last stages of being a teenager, since am 19yrs old.Smile
Believe me, the journey is indeed 'Difficult'. It's not without a reason that ppl make so much hue n cry about being a teenager, since a child's brain really goes 'nuts' sometimes during this whole teenageErmm......We have to really control our selves and keep a check on our desiresErmm.......
You mentioned that example of that girl who topped the class, but later turned complete opposite.Ouch. Well to tell you truly, it's exactly what happened with me Disapprove ....I humbly admit, that i have been a very good student throughout my school life.I was always in the good books of my teachers. I was literally a 'book-worm'. But dunno when my brain started developing all that 'chemical locha' n my interest in studies started decreasing. My focus used to wander soo much!!.....I have received soo much thrashings from my parents and teachers equally!!Disapprove....And this 'confuse' age of my life has cost me ONE FULL YEAR OF WASTAGE!!!!.....'coz i had to re-drop a year to enter the medical college! Disapprove ........
And unfortunately, my parents were not that much supportive.Ouch.....They just used to compare the earlier me with the present me!! Without understanding what i was going through......They used to say,'' Pehle toh tum itna padhti thi...ab kya ho gaya hai...ab tum sooti zyada ho, aur padhti kam ho''Ouch.....Only i know how i survived that phase....
U know, i would have never known about IF had not my mind wandered soo muchLOL....IF is the discovery of my 'ill-focussed and confused brain'LOL...
I believe had my parents been a little more understanding of my situation, i would have had more courage in myself to face the challenges of teenage!!.....But like it's said that 'Active immunity is better than passive immunity'....so since i developed everything on my own, facing my own battles, i have emerged as a stronger person nowBig smile.....Teenage issues don't effect me that much now....and i am fully able to concentrate on my studies nowBig smile....

Thanks! Embarrassed

Well, I have been a nutcase ever since I was 11 so you might as well say, I became a teenager then. You know how it is, sayaani bacchi and all!! LOL

I experienced a real messy time last year that is before being a teenager! And I shall let you know, that period is nothing but a nightmare.  No life is without a problem and cutting yourself down doesn't help. Most of all, I learned to adjust. A nightmare which taught me a lot. Believe me, for a girl . . no matter what your age is, you are a teenager or not  . . guys are always a problem!! LOL Infectious people! LOL

I started experiencing a downfall in studies from my fifth grade and I am still battling with it, my parents aren't so supportive too so it becomes a Lil more difficult to cope but as you said, whatever I do.. I do it on my own and that makes me feel complacent.  

I think every adult in the making that is  every teenager must respect and believe in himself, only then would he be able to emerge into a strong person like yourself. Smile

Edited by -Kanky- - 31 July 2010 at 7:29am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top