Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

How are adolescents supposed to be treated? (Page 3)

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 23 July 2010 at 1:45am | IP Logged

If parents can love the child and yet be detached, they would be able to think better.
But then it is easier said then done.

Fathers are No 1 in spoiling the daughters.Thumbs Up
Mums are No 1 in spoiling the sons Thumbs Up
epiphany. IF-Sizzlerz
epiphany.
epiphany.

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 23 July 2010 at 8:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ice-Thinker

i think there is no exact way to treat adolescents ... but the best thing to do would be to make them more aware of their surroundings, and to give them tasks or send them on travel or make them active in community programs.

At these age, the people are more willing to do something. I think this transition period makes people confused, restless ... a sudden burst of uncontrollable energy surrounds them....

The best way to make good use is to keep the teen busy. Busy in exciting, adventurous and challenging tasks which not only keep the wrong things out of their mind, but create a solid foundation of RIGHTEOUSNESS as well as create a positive circle.

Less pressure from studies (if the teen goes too restless) and more activities is the key. A year gap in studies wont do too much harm. I feel already people are just training rats for that most dispicable materialistic race that cripples the soul and creates zombies.

Wow! That's the perfect way to treat an adolescent cause being one myself, I know it's umm . . . difficult and you gotta find a simple and affective way out. 
epiphany. IF-Sizzlerz
epiphany.
epiphany.

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 23 July 2010 at 8:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Just leave them on their  own... disown them if they get suspended from school more than two times.. or get into drugs or something nasty....Have strict rules for home conduct!

Err . . Confused

Teenagers with such strict parents are either liking to confide in the shell OR turn out to be the most spoiled ones ever! I have seen MANY such people around me. LOL
epiphany. IF-Sizzlerz
epiphany.
epiphany.

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 23 July 2010 at 8:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

If parents can love the child and yet be detached, they would be able to think better.

Done would be my first choice, Sir for umm, most teens including myself misunderstand their parents to be "INTERFERING" and it's better the other way. Embarrassed

OH YEAH, I absolutely agree with you however my dad has spoiled us both with no single effort of my mom! LOLLOL
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 24 July 2010 at 2:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Kanky-

Done would be my first choice, Sir for umm, most teens including myself misunderstand their parents to be "INTERFERING" and it's better the other way. Embarrassed

OH YEAH, I absolutely agree with you however my dad has spoiled us both with no single effort of my mom! LOLLOL
Do not blame your dad, it is only a natural God given weakness of the heart.LOL 
epiphany. IF-Sizzlerz
epiphany.
epiphany.

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 24 July 2010 at 6:15am | IP Logged

Do not blame your dad, it is only a natural God given weakness of the heart.LOL 

Well, umm... I don't blame him! LOL
LOL
qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 25 July 2010 at 11:42pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Just leave them on their  own... disown them if they get suspended from school more than two times.. or get into drugs or something nasty....Have strict rules for home conduct!

Err . . Confused

Teenagers with such strict parents are either liking to confide in the shell OR turn out to be the most spoiled ones ever! I have seen MANY such people around me. LOL
Ok kanks.. i dont think we need to be so harsh.. so yes treat them like grownups..dont advice but keep strong ground rules of behavior give them some freedom  and  always make them feel like they are their parents small baby even now...
-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 26 July 2010 at 12:22am | IP Logged
I think when the enquiry has arisen there is no need to hide anything from children...more intelligent a child is, the earlier he will enquire, tht much is certain....I think telling any lie means you have betrayed the child.....& finally you will be in trouble.... Sooner or later, the child will discover that you have been telling lies. That very day, all trust in you will disappear....I just wanna say....don't create unnecessary puzzles for children..... Life is puzzling enough as it is..... Life is so mysterious, the enquiry is bound to be there. Bt remember, the more intelligent a child is, the sooner he is going to enquire.... So if ur child enquires early, don't think that he seems to be dirty from the very beginning. He is not dirty, he is intelligent. If anybody is dirty, YOU are dirty. He/she is simply intelligent....Big smile

Go to top