Debate Mansion

How are adolescents supposed to be treated? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 6

Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 3 Page 6

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 22 July 2010 at 9:02am | IP Logged
Here is some research in dealing with Adolescent kids
It is also emphasised that their privacy should not be invaded

It becomes quite difficult to handle children when they turn into adolescent teens. It is that time in which they go through a major transformation in their lives. The puberty calls in for a number of emotional, mental and biological changes, which is one of the major reasons for their unpredictable behavior. Thus, at this point of time, it is very necessary for the parents to be understanding as well as patient. However, most of the parents find it very difficult to tackle the situation. To know how to handle an adolescent teen, read on.

How to Deal with Adolescent Child 
    You should remember not to invade their privacy, such as reading their diary. Even if you have to, make sure your children never finds out. In case they do, they will feel cheated.
    Respect your growing teenager. If you expect your child to respect you, show respect too. This way you will be able to play the part of a role model.
      Accept the fact that their friends and the life outside matters more to them than life at home. No matter how much you might work hard for them, how much time you spend with them on dinner or breakfast, your teens will always give priority to themselves, their friends, dating and the latest gadgets, they would expect you to buy for them.
        Don't shout at them. The more you shout, the more they will shout back. If they ignore you, you can also try to ignore them back.
        If you are a mother and your teen is out of control, you can think of a sob-session. Explain your teen about your feelings and why you are worried. This really works out with daughters.
          Never resort to violence. This will aggravate the problem, making your teenage kids more unruly.
            One of the best things to do with them is to sit down and have a talk. There are always different aspects to a story and you might discover that probably you are the one at fault. Do not assume that your teen is stupid and immature.
          • Be involved, but don't interfere too much. At the same time, don't spoil them. Don't give in to unreasonable demands. Be patient.

Edited by Summer3 - 22 July 2010 at 9:07am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ramramramramJess.epiphany.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "How are adolescents supposed to be treated? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 22 July 2010 at 10:22am | IP Logged
          ^^Thanks so much for posting it here!

We get good marks as well as remarks, some peeps don't but what do we do in this? LOL

Angel-likeDevil

IF-Sizzlerz

Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 22 July 2010 at 11:29am | IP Logged
          My dad gives me advice and leaves me alone. He just guides me and shows me pros and cons of everything and it's upto me to decide on what I want to do..

But my mother is the one who I have endless fights with. She and me are like pole opposites in everything starting from shoes to everything and anything, she forces me on many things.. Wacko LOL

And then, in the end I guess it's either me or my mom who comprise.. with my mom compromising more..

I absolutely love it when my dad and mom come to me with "everything's alright, we're gonna make it throughCool" attitude THAN the "OMG, Jesus Christ, what have you done! you are grounded for the next week, young lady!" attitude.. LOL

Afterall, the adolescents can distinguish the right and wrong..

So, all the parents need to do is trust their kids, give 'em their space, not pounce on them for everything, not get uptight and have their cool with their children. And I don't think kids can take advantage of parents' trust on them, ever!

But yes, there is a certain limit to everything. =]
          I am confused with the way they should be treated,I guess it should be balanced with spanking-lectures-punishments and leaving the child alone .. Ermm 

Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 22 July 2010 at 11:33am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ramramramram_DrEaM_epiphany.

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 22 July 2010 at 11:32am | IP Logged
          Originally posted by Angel-likeDevil

My dad gives me advice and leaves me alone. He just guides me and shows me pros and cons of everything and it's upto me to decide on what I want to do..

But my mother is the one who I have endless fights with. She and me are like pole opposites in everything starting from shoes to everything and anything, she forces me on many things.. Wacko LOL

And then, in the end I guess it's either me or my mom who comprise.. with my mom compromising more..

I absolutely love it when my dad and mom come to me with "everything's alright, we're gonna make it throughCool" attitude THAN the "OMG, Jesus Christ, what have you done! you are grounded for the next week, young lady!" attitude.. LOL

Afterall, the adolescents can distinguish the right and wrong..

So, all the parents need to do is trust their kids, give 'em their space, not pounce on them for everything, not get uptight and have their cool with their children. And I don't think kids can take advantage of parents' trust on them, ever!

But yes, there is a certain limit to everything. =]

Alright, same is the case with me and my mother. LOL And as for my father, err . . I don't know, we never happened to be talking like such.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. Embarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Angel-likeDevil

Ice-Thinker

Goldie

Posted: 22 July 2010 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
          THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Ice-Thinker

Goldie

Posted: 22 July 2010 at 12:29pm | IP Logged
          THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 22 July 2010 at 3:28pm | IP Logged
          ^^Whats with double posting?

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 22 July 2010 at 5:47pm | IP Logged
          Just leave them on their  own... disown them if they get suspended from school more than two times.. or get into drugs or something nasty....Have strict rules for home conduct!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top